GDT: Game 64: Senators @ Coyotes - FSAZ - 6PM

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'd be happy to pick in the top 4 this year. I'd be over the moon if we got Little K. We need his skill set. The one thing that we are missing, and this is not a reflexion on Fischers ability, is a 1st line power forward.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Top three pick.

Dahlin, Tkachuk, Svechnikov

If we aren’t in the top three, trade it.
Having traded the 1st round pick last year I would be against trading it again. An exception is if the team ends up outside of the top grouping (because Ottawa, buffalo, etc suck more) and Chayka has targeted a player or two later in the first...trade the pick to NYI for BOTH their 1st round picks.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Top three pick.

Dahlin, Tkachuk, Svechnikov

If we aren’t in the top three, trade it.
I wouldn’t have Tkachuk in the top three. He might end up outside my top five or eight. I definitely have Dahlin ahead of Svechnikov who I definitely have ahead of Zadina who I definitely have ahead of everyone else. I’ve seen Tkachuk play around ten times this season between BU and WJC. I like him fine, but he’s a complete support player. He’s like a premier complimentary player. That’s valuable but I don’t know if I’ll be able to rank him all that high.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
An “idiot” like a previous coach who allowed the same home run passes??

An “idiot” also wouldn’t have made adjustments.
What gives you the idea that Tocchet wasn’t forced by coaches or Chayka to make that adjustment? Does Tocchet come off as flexible to you?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
What gives you the idea that Tocchet wasn’t forced by coaches or Chayka to make that adjustment? Does Tocchet come off as flexible to you?

Honestly, he does.

What bothers me is why it took half a season or more to make said adjustments. That bit plays in to the idiot factor you are alluding too. I really hope one of the reporters does a piece on why the season was so black and white. Im really hoping our success as of late isnt just because of schedule and teams taking us lightly, but because of aduustments, improvements and a familiarity of the system.

How next season begins will be telling.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

What gives you the idea he hasn’t made adjustments out of his own initiative?

If you bothered to listen to comments of both Tocchet and the players over the past few weeks they’ve all made adjustments and coming to be on the same page. Or are you going to now going to try convincing me that they’re all just saying that as some cover up conspiracy????

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
On the topic of Brady Tkachuk...

On the latest Coyotes Corner podcast, Christian Fischer was a guest and mentioned that Brady was down in AZ during the Coyotes bye week. The Tkachuks and Fischers are close, and Brady ended up going golfing with Fischer and a bunch of Coyotes. I think he mentioned Keller, Dvorak, and Chychrun. Tight group.

Reactions: Grimes

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I get the idea that the adjustments weren’t Tocchet’s idea because I actually do listen to his and the players pressers. Tocchet was adamant about the players needing to play the system and seemed unwilling to adjust it for player skill sets for the first half of the season.

As to player comments, they are required to parrot the company line. Comments of ex players are far more interesting but may not be more truthful.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Honestly, he does.

What bothers me is why it took half a season or more to make said adjustments. That bit plays in to the idiot factor you are alluding too. I really hope one of the reporters does a piece on why the season was so black and white. Im really hoping our success as of late isnt just because of schedule and teams taking us lightly, but because of aduustments, improvements and a familiarity of the system.

How next season begins will be telling.

I think we're healthy. We still don't have enough depth, but we're healthy. If you subtract Hammer and Raanta right now, we're probably much closer to our early season record. Close, but not as bad, as Kuemper is far better than Domingue.

Reactions: Grimes

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think we're healthy. We still don't have enough depth, but we're healthy. If you subtract Hammer and Raanta right now, we're probably much closer to our early season record. Close, but not as bad, as Kuemper is far better than Domingue.
Much has to do with the play of the vets playing to their capabilities. I hate using injuries as an excuse as every team has them.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Generally I agree, but how many other teams were playing with an ECHL quality goalie at that time?

It's funny seeing Domingue still has poor numbers on Tampa, of all teams.

7 games with Tampa and he's got a .904 SV% and 3.29 GAA.

Back to the AHL for him as soon as Budaj is healthy.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
On the topic of Brady Tkachuk...

On the latest Coyotes Corner podcast, Christian Fischer was a guest and mentioned that Brady was down in AZ during the Coyotes bye week. The Tkachuks and Fischers are close, and Brady ended up going golfing with Fischer and a bunch of Coyotes. I think he mentioned Keller, Dvorak, and Chychrun. Tight group.
Thats our core going forward and I don't know how we could pass on him if he's available

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad