Post-Game Talk: GAME #64: Canucks 2 @ Avalanche 3 (S/O)

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Idea for PP1:
Boeser on the left, his only job is to get open and rip the puck, dont care if it gets block or miss the net, his shot power alone creates trouble for defenders

Petterson on the right, every play runs through him

Stecher on the blue line, his decision making is quicker than Hutton

Bo down low, all he needs to change is stop the pull over to the goalie move

Goldy at the slot

Basically, go back to the start of the season, stop making Leivo the play maker of PP

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Wonder who gets the start tomorrow.

I'd guess Markstrom, but I wouldn't be surprised if Demko got it considering the team + how busy Markstrom was tonight.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Jimbo needs to keep the first period of that hockey game on his phone with video loop and watch it continuously, even he's remotely tempted to bring back some of these defencemen. Simply overwhelmed by the speed and creativity of the Av's forwards.

Markstrom is the only thing between the Canucks and a blowout. A loss tomorrow in Arizona, and you can put this ridiculous playoff spin on permanent hold.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Pettersson's been struggling for at least 5 games now, or at least his version of struggling where he's not making 3-5 dazzling plays per night like he was for the rest of the season. He's either out of gas or playing injured.

Horvat getting ridden like a rented mule again too. Meanwhile our star free agent signings Eriksson (10:33) and Beagle (11:22) with the least amount of minutes played on the team for the forwards.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Idea for PP1:
Boeser on the left, his only job is to get open and rip the puck, dont care if it gets block or miss the net, his shot power alone creates trouble for defenders

Petterson on the right, every play runs through him

Stecher on the blue line, his decision making is quicker than Hutton

Bo down low, all he needs to change is stop the pull over to the goalie move

Goldy at the slot

Basically, go back to the start of the season, stop making Leivo the play maker of PP

Agree

Last edited:

Scygen

Jun 12, 2014
Calgary
Jimbo needs to keep the first period of that hockey game on his phone with video loop and watch it continuously, even he's remotely tempted to bring back some of these defencemen. Simply overwhelmed by the speed and creativity of the Av's forwards.

Markstrom is the only thing between the Canucks and a blowout. A loss tomorrow in Arizona, and you can put this ridiculous playoff spin on permanent hold.
The Canucks top 2 defemcemen are out of the game.. what do you really expect?

Reactions: DarrenX

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
3 Stars of the Game...
  1. Markstrom
  2. Goldobin
  3. Leivo
Pearson looked solid, however he didn’t gel with EP & Boeser at all; good middle 6 Grinder with some offensive instincts

Spooner looked invisible but made 2 very good plays (one that led to a goal)

Schenn played a simple game; get puck out, keep puck in. That’s exactly what you want from your 6/7 Dman.

Granlund was absolutely horrible.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
43 saves out of 45 shots.
.956 save percentage.
hands.gif

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
After an amazing game why did Green split up Goldobin-Pettersson-Boeser!? Put them back together so we can see some tic tac toe plays! Let the skill players play their game, not every line needs to grind.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
After an amazing game why did Green split up Goldobin-Pettersson-Boeser!? Put them back together so we can see some tic tac toe plays! Let the skill players play their game, not every line needs to grind.

Gotta remember Green is one year removed from being a rookie coach. If he was his own player, he'd have benched himself and called himself out in the media for "inconsistency".

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Elias looks exhausted. Is it the rookie wall, or just the mile high atmosphere?

Goldy is starting to win me over, against the fastest team in the league, he looked dangerous more often than any of our other forwards. But, jesus, does he need to work on his shot/finish.

I still don't understand Mackinnon. Mind blowing ability...and then he mostly disappears for half the game? Easily the most purely skilled/dominant player on the ice when he wants to be.

All hail Markstrom! ….except the part where we don't make the playoffs or get a top 3 draft pick....obviously that's not his focus. If the Avs had offered us the Sens pick for him, they might be cup contenders right now. His first period tonight was the best goalie show I've seen this year....maybe in a couple/few years. Shoulda been down by 3 or 4 in the first 10-12 minutes.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Wonder who gets the start tomorrow.

I'd guess Markstrom, but I wouldn't be surprised if Demko got it considering the team + how busy Markstrom was tonight.

If he's ok, 100% demko should start tomorrow. Good matchup for the team, and Marky needs to be rested.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Elias looks exhausted. Is it the rookie wall, or just the mile high atmosphere?

Goldy is starting to win me over, against the fastest team in the league, he looked dangerous more often than any of our other forwards. But, jesus, does he need to work on his shot/finish.

I still don't understand Mackinnon. Mind blowing ability...and then he mostly disappears for half the game? Easily the most purely skilled/dominant player on the ice when he wants to be.

All hail Markstrom! ….except the part where we don't make the playoffs or get a top 3 draft pick....obviously that's not his focus. If the Avs had offered us the Sens pick for him, they might be cup contenders right now. His first period tonight was the best goalie show I've seen this year....maybe in a couple/few years. Shoulda been down by 3 or 4 in the first 10-12 minutes.
I wanna see goldy shoot like 100000 pucks in the offseason
If he gets more accuracy on his shooting, he can be a top 6 player for sure

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
These are the wide open type of games we serve Goldy excel in. But we've seen this movie before. He struggled vs tight checking, defensively strong teams like CGY SJ Nshville.....in other words playoff teams and playoff style hockey.

I definitely say showcase him as much as possible especially vs teams.like Colorado or Chicago ...then ship him out in the summer asap!

Reactions: geebaan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->