GDT: Game 63: Kraken (35-21-6) at Avalanches (34-21-5)

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
What an unexpected treat. I did not see that coming with 2 minutes and 40 seconds left in the game.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Why don't we always start Matty on three on threes? He brings a whole different level of skill and chaos to situations like that.

Reactions: wewantyoursoul

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I know beniers will likely one day be captain but I think it should be gourde for now. Guys just a winner
Agree on both points. Gourde would make a great captain. He shows up every night, never takes a shift off, seems to pop up in key situations all the time, and leads by example. Worth his weight in gold on the Kraken.

Reactions: Toomany7pins

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Agree on both points. Gourde would make a great captain. He shows up every night, never takes a shift off, seems to pop up in key situations all the time, and leads by example. Worth his weight in gold on the Kraken.
I kind of wish now they never gave it to Giordano initially. I get they wanted someone to be the first but would rather they had waited until someone really earned it. Giordano wasn't really inspirational or great in Seattle, I get he had a long career and all. I think gourde has and beniers will very likely soon.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Fell asleep sometime in second period while watching. Great surprise to see the score this morning! Didn't expect two points but this team really does have heart. Really big win!!

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
F*** Yeah!!!
giphy.gif

And Claude seems happy too...
giphy.gif

Pefect road trip and won the first three in March as well.
Great comeback by the guys and Grubi was good again, keeping us in the game.

Let's see what we can do at home against the Sens and twice against the Stars.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
F*** Yeah!!!
giphy.gif

And Claude seems happy too...
giphy.gif

Pefect road trip and won the first three in March as well.
Great comeback by the guys and Grubi was good again, keeping us in the game.

Let's see what we can do at home against the Sens and twice against the Stars.
If recent trends continue we'll be great this month and suck next

wewantyoursoul

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Valley, OR
I honestly had chalked up last night's game as an L, and would've still considered the road trip a huge success.

Picking up the two points made it a perfect road trip. When this team gets into a good groove, I think they can hang with anyone...and they're so much fun to watch.

Huge game tomorrow night against Anaheim. On paper, it's a game we should easily win...so it's extremely important to not give the two points away. Although Anaheim is on a nice little positive streak...four wins in their last five games. We need to start making sure to pick up the points against teams that we are definitely better than.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I honestly had chalked up last night's game as an L, and would've still considered the road trip a huge success.

Picking up the two points made it a perfect road trip. When this team gets into a good groove, I think they can hang with anyone...and they're so much fun to watch.

Huge game tomorrow night against Anaheim. On paper, it's a game we should easily win...so it's extremely important to not give the two points away. Although Anaheim is on a nice little positive streak...four wins in their last five games. We need to start making sure to pick up the points against teams that we are definitely better than.
We are like the Seahawks under Russell Wilson. We can play up to and hang in there with the elite teams at times and other times play down to bad teams. I do wish they were a little less streak e.g. one great month followed by one bad.

Reactions: wewantyoursoul

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

Yeah, we got to start taking care of those opponents.
We're still playing Arizona 3x, Anaheim 2x, Chicago 1x, San Jose 1x and Vancouver 1x.

If we'd take care of(most) that we'd be in a really good position to make the playoffs.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad