GDT: Game 63 | Jackets vs Flyers | 2/28/19 7 PM

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I think Kukan is getting underrated. The guy plays well for us. But I think it's between him and McQuaid and you have to give McQuaid a chance with the new club. If McQuaid doesn't show better I think I'll start getting grumpy to get Kukan back in there. I know you don't like Harrington but he's been damn good this year. It will take a lot more games like last game to take him out of the lineup. I doubt Torts has given much thought to scratching Harry.
There is no rocket sience, you pair "stay at home" D with PMD. Harry is neither. But for some reason during the game he thinks he's Seth Jones, he plays soo deep in OZ it's hillarious. So Kuks should go with McQuaid and Harry should stay at home.

Also little detail about Kuks. He has highest SCf% on the team since new year.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
The D pairings should look like this, with Murray out... one puck mover with one "safer" guy, or at least each pairing with a better skater:

Werenski-Jones
Nutivaara-McQuaid
Harrington-Savard

Harry and McQuaid looked awful last game, Harry trying to do too much. He has worked well with Savard in the past.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
How can Torts be an nhl coach, and flat out say he doesnt watch the opponent, doesnt study what they do, that they focus on playing their gameplan ? What the hell is a purpose of a gameday coach ? He states its too much information for his players to absorb. This is just baffling to me. I know its not new, but is it any wonder that he gets outcoached by the better coaches in the league. Isnt part of being a good coach scouting the other team, and taking away what they like to do ? For example, it was clear as day that Trotz totally adjusted the Caps stragety after game 2 of the playoffs last year, extended his defense out into the face of our defenders, took away their time and space, and we struggled to generate offense from that point forward. Not to mention it led to alot of odd man rushes against, with them jumping the blue line. I just dont get how Jarmo, and Jd can hear Torts saying this, and not question why he is the coach of the #cbj

Dude........chill.
He's lying.

If he says he watches the opponent, then he has to answer questions and talk about it.
If he says he doesn't watch........end of convo. He's on to Cincinnati.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
There is no rocket sience, you pair "stay at home" D with PMD. Harry is neither. But for some reason during the game he thinks he's Seth Jones, he plays soo deep in OZ it's hillarious. So Kuks should go with McQuaid and Harry should stay at home.

There is no "stay at home" in safe is death. The coach is always pushing them to go deeper.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

While we are on the topic of the D, what the heck has happened to Nuti? He was better and better and then now much worse. In the new year he's providing very little offensive presence compared to what we were used to seeing from him.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Hello my friends. I didn't see a trade proposal thread so I guess I'll post this here.

1st or 2nd overall + Darnell Nurse(24) + Ryan Nugent-Hopkins(25)
for
Seth Jones(24)

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
While we are on the topic of the D, what the heck has happened to Nuti? He was better and better and then now much worse. In the new year he's providing very little offensive presence compared to what we were used to seeing from him.
Offence has dissaperead from our D. Seth Jones has 1 goal this year. Nuti has 0 goals this year, Zach has 0. David Savard ultimate sniper lead the Defence with 2 goals.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Hello my friends. I didn't see a trade proposal thread so I guess I'll post this here.

for
Seth Jones(24)

Thanks for stopping by. It is too hard to come by Norris trophy candidates. Especially guys that are still young and under a long term contract which is reasonable. It's not he!! no, it's not no, don't let the door hit you. It's just "thanks for stopping by and the suggestion, but no thank you". There's nothing wrong with what you are offering. No disrespect to your team, your picks or your players. Just....no.

Fairwhether

Jan 4, 2018

for
Seth Jones(24)
No.
How about:
2nd overall+ Ryan Nugent-Hopkins(25)
for
Ryan Murray(25)

I'm just negotiating.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Thanks for stopping by. It is too hard to come by Norris trophy candidates. Especially guys that are still young and under a long term contract which is reasonable. It's not he!! no, it's not no, don't let the door hit you. It's just "thanks for stopping by and the suggestion, but no thank you". There's nothing wrong with what you are offering. No disrespect to your team, your picks or your players. Just....no.
No.
How about:
2nd overall+ Ryan Nugent-Hopkins(25)
for
Ryan Murray(25)

I'm just negotiating.
Make it simple, Connor for Seth plus CBJ 3rd and 7th picks this year

Ok well I created a mainpage thread based on this proposal and everyone is saying Edmonton is giving up way too much.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Ok well I created a mainpage thread based on this proposal and everyone is saying Edmonton is giving up way too much.
That is because HFBoards thinks quantity of good assets > excellent asset. It's not close, Seth Jones is miles ahead of your average 2nd overall pick, a top 4 dman and a top 6 center.

Reactions: Sore Loser

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

for
Seth Jones(24)
At the risk of hacking off my CBJ brethren I’ll counter with 1st OA (not 2nd), Nurse and RNH for Werenski.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Sitting here waiting for warmups...

Overheard: “this is a must win tonight! Must. Win. If we aren’t winning by the end of 2, I’m going home. Not watching this crap”

CBJ fan.

Reactions: Robert

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Jackets do need this one.... 20 games left to earn at least 23 points... 27 would be best... 6-4 in our last ten is a playoff pace... 12-8 in our last 20 should do it... 14-6 is what we need..

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Flyers away unis wouldn’t be half bad if they didn’t have that dumb*** orange line around the waist

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
348s.jpg

My Official Sponsor for Tonight's Pre-Game

One of only three blonds authorized by my girlfriend (The other two being Starbucks Blond Roast and her:cool:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert and CPTN71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->