GDT: Game 63: Coyotes @ Stars - 6:30pm - FSA, FSA+ - What A Ness We're In Edition

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
There are more anti-leaders on the team than actual leaders. It's a miracle the coaches get them to skate at all.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Despite the loss, it looks like they are playing well again, much different from the very extended rut they'd been in. Unfortunately, could be too little, too late.

I think Schmaltz and Keller need one more player with talent to play with them. Kessel coughed it up and ended some of their cycles tonight, but the two of them look like their getting back to playing the right way. When Stepan was moved up it was close to the same, but if he ends their play, he at least can play some defense. I'm hoping Hayton gets put with them in St. Louis.

With the back-to-back and loss, it gives Tocchet more reason to tinker with the line-up. Also, even if the Blues are a big team, they don't seem to run guys like the Stars do.

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
Take whatever positives you want out of this game, the truth is our 2nd line is dead weight. We've all known it, but now, when it really counts, they can't be counted on. Like mentioned before if Hayton isn't in the lineup tomorrow it will be unbelievable. Vinnie out, Kessel down, Hayton centering. I'm not expecting anything from Kessel or Keller, but schmaltz has to start doing something. Like the fancy pass at the end to Hall that coulda, shoulda, woulda tied the game, it didn't. Mope around the off-season on how an open net shot got luckily blocked to save the game or make it happen.

Last edited:

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
Cmon, we had a ton of looks. Didn’t you hear all the “just wides” from Matt McConnell? We almost scored like 30 times according to him.

ImpressiveNauticalBackswimmer-size_restricted.gif

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Reverse the situation with OEL and Benn tonight, and Dallas would have absolutely steamrolled us for the rest of the game. Coyotes play with no emotion, no urgency, no balls.
It's embarrassing. There's one guy on that team who would've actually done something about that and he stands behind the bench in a suit.

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
Jamie Benn is not even a great fighter, he is kind of rough because he hits once a while. After the no response I changed to the Oiler/Bruin game where there was hitting returning to the Arizona Chickens during commercial breaks.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Kessel missing what was basically a tap in goal shows how much of a liability he is. He can't accept passes anymore, can't skate, can't shoot and he's worse on defense where he was already bad. The only thing keeping him in the lineup is Tocc doesn't have the balls to end his stupid streak. Best thing that could happen right now if for Kessel to get hurt enough to miss a game. Without the streak, I bet he'd get so out of shape he'd only play about 40% of the games left on his contract. We're getting exactly what I was worried about when the trade was made. Kessel is done.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Despite the loss, it looks like they are playing well again, much different from the very extended rut they'd been in. Unfortunately, could be too little, too late.

I think Schmaltz and Keller need one more player with talent to play with them. Kessel coughed it up and ended some of their cycles tonight, but the two of them look like their getting back to playing the right way. When Stepan was moved up it was close to the same, but if he ends their play, he at least can play some defense. I'm hoping Hayton gets put with them in St. Louis.

With the back-to-back and loss, it gives Tocchet more reason to tinker with the line-up. Also, even if the Blues are a big team, they don't seem to run guys like the Stars do.
We are playing much better, and Dallas is a very good team. I think I heard they are second in points since October. Schmaltz and Keller are skating so much better, and I would love to put Schmaltz back at wing and give them Hayton at C, unfortunately, we won't see that till next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->