Post-Game Talk: GAME #63: Canucks 4 vs. Ducks 0 on Luke Schenn Appreciation Night

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
A polite reminder:
Pro-tank posting is verboten in GDTs. Thanks.

tbl7bFY.jpg

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The same dread continues with almost one third of our lineup in the infirmary (I know we're not allowed to bring up the injury excuse..but this is ridiculous..especially with the the top two D out).

I have a feeling that this is going to be a very chippy game.

LovemyNucks

May 26, 2009
England
If we drop points here I'll be firmly on team tank. I might be there already. But all credit to our Canucks, this is the latest I've joined team tank in the Jim Benning era.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If we drop points here I'll be firmly on team tank. I might be there already. But all credit to our Canucks, this is the latest I've joined team tank in the Jim Benning era.
The only reason for the late entry into the 'tank sweepstakes' this year is that the bottom feeders in the Western Conference have been historically bad. Otherwise it would have been business as usual for the Canucks.

And if the goal of the Canuck braintrust was to be 'playing meaningful games in March', then that's looking like a bust as well. A loss to the Ducks tonight, and the games in March really won't mean anything. In Gary Bettman's NHL, when you're eight points down with 20 games to play, you can plan the funeral procession.

Sorry, but other than the Pettersson breakthrough and maybe Markstrom finding his game, I really don't a see a lot of difference between this Canuck team and the ones in any other dismal season.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Also interested to see how long they even pencil Spooner into that spot. As proven, he won't actually play there long (despite the line-up sheet) once Green figures out he actually sucks. Does he get a couple games before he's scratched or fighting for ice time with Goldobin?

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
Spooner sucks. I don't like him at all. Speed's his only asset but he rarely uses it well. You guys think Pearson draws in tonight?

I think he could be a good linemate for Petey. They need a skilled two-way forward who can win puck battles and play well defensively. Not saying Pearson is that, but I'd try him over Spooner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad