GDT: Game 62: Islanders @ Coyotes - FSAZ - 2PM

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Do you guys honestly believe Hayton is cracking the lineup? They might as well send him back to AZ. Back-to-back wins with solid effort - no way they are messing with that.

Games were won by Raanta stealing them. Team don't score enough, and certainly don't play well enough.

Reactions: justin323032

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
55.2% probability according to the site just linked to here.

And as others has said: just win the important games, and it's ok.

That's what you want to do anyways.

Calgary is the team that I am looking at to fall off the map. Their goal differential relative to the four teams in the WC hunt (Flames, Coyotes, Predators, and Jets) is the worst of the four. The Coyotes have the best of the four.

Vancouver, after losing Boeser, may also slide. Even adding Toffoli, it can take a few games to get in sync with everyone. I don't know if they fall down quite as much if they did not pick up Toffoli, but it could be interesting to see what happens. None of the top 5 teams in the Pacific is truly safe. Vancouver has a sub .500 road record with 11 of their remaining 23 on the road. The other important piece? The Coyotes have 3 games against the Canucks. Get 6 points in regulation in those 3 games, and we'd basically be looking at the Coyotes with 74 points in 65 games and Vancouver with 69 points in 62 games. That would be tough for Vancouver to overcome unless they go off in their other games.

Biggest thing for me - add a body on defense who can dish some punishment in a 3rd pairing role. Is Korbinian Holzer this type? I could see trading Ness and a 7th for Holzer and having him as another RH shot and big body. Not certain how well he uses the body, though.

Stars game tomorrow - I will be there!!!

Last edited:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Calgary is the team that I am looking at to fall off the map. Their goal differential relative to the four teams in the WC hunt (Flames, Coyotes, Predators, and Jets) is the worst of the four. The Coyotes have the best of the four.

Vancouver, after losing Boeser, may also slide. Even adding Toffoli, it can take a few games to get in sync with everyone. I don't know if they fall down quite as much if they did not pick up Toffoli, but it could be interesting to see what happens. None of the top 5 teams in the Pacific is truly safe. Vancouver has a sub .500 road record with 11 of their remaining 23 on the road. The other important piece? The Coyotes have 3 games against the Canucks. Get 6 points in regulation in those 3 games, and we'd basically be looking at the Coyotes with 74 points in 65 games and Vancouver with 69 points in 62 games. That would be tough for Vancouver to overcome unless they go off in their other games.

Biggest thing for me - add a body on defense who can dish some punishment in a 3rd pairing role. Is Korbinian Holzer this type? I could see trading Ness and a 7th for Holzer and having him as another RH shot and big body. Not certain how well he uses the body, though.

Stars game tomorrow - I will be there!!!
Too hard to tell who falls and who rises right now in the WC. I agree, an RHD vet for the third pairing is all we should look to acquire at the TDL, and we shouldn't pay much either.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Too hard to tell who falls and who rises right now in the WC. I agree, an RHD vet for the third pairing is all we should look to acquire at the TDL, and we shouldn't pay much either.
It will depend of the health of Demers. If he comes back I think we are ok. I would like an upgrade but I don't think we find one this season and I don't want to over pay. Bush is playing better and is good for a 7 D. If we hadn't crapped the bed so bad coming out of the Christmas break we would be sitting fine, but we all know how that went.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It will depend of the health of Demers. If he comes back I think we are ok. I would like an upgrade but I don't think we find one this season and I don't want to over pay. Bush is playing better and is good for a 7 D. If we hadn't crapped the bed so bad coming out of the Christmas break we would be sitting fine, but we all know how that went.
You might be right and we will be ok. But even with a healthy Demers, I would be for a vet 3rd pairing RHD that can PK too. Theoretically, we would have 6 solid D. Boosh/Osterle have been better lately but one mistake can kill you.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
I like the Bush. When he drove the Great 8 wide of the net and into the end boards I thought "he's our only dman that would do that."
He and Oesterle are clearly getting sheltered with their minutes but they've been real good lately. I can't remember the last time they gave up a dumb goal or even made a stupid play to give up a grade A chance. They're also surprisingly effective in the O zone, Bush is especially adept at keeping pucks in at the point because he's not afraid to take a hit or give one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad