GDT: Game 62: Islanders @ Coyotes - FSAZ - 2PM

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Listened to the radio broadcast because I was working a contract job for this one and Washington.

Biz and Heeter are SO much better than Matt and Tyson. It’s not even close.

I would be stoked with Luke, Biz and Heeter replacing Matt, Todd and Tyson.

If Luke doesn’t want to come over to TV, do Heeter, JR and Biz

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Anyone bored and wanna do the points% math on how many games we (probably) need to win to squeak in?

I am not your huckleberry for this task. Just keep the wins coming. Coyotes have played more games than Edmonton, Vancouver and Vegas (the leaders) and more than Calgary, Nashville, Winnipeg and Chicago (current Wild Card contenders). It's going to be a wild ride to the finish.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Anyone bored and wanna do the points% math on how many games we (probably) need to win to squeak in?

We are currently in 9th place in the west with a .548 pt%. (68 pts)

8th place is Calgary at .557

If we win 12 out of the remaining 20 that will put us at 92 pts, or .561 pt% and we might squeak in.

Preds are at .560 and Vegas .567. It's tight at the bottom. I'd feel more comfortable if we could secure 95 pts.

12-5-3 over the remaining 20 games gets us to 95 pts. That might be a bridge too far for this team.

10-6-4 also gets us to 92 pts. (ritual sacrifice to the playoff gods required)

Last edited:
Reactions: Biz20 and Fuhrious

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Certainly ain't easy but doable if they quit blowing games they should win in a walk. And obviously can't screw up any head to heads.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
88 I think got you in last year, it won't take 93. If the Coyotes team D and goal tending continues from the last 2 games, we will make it in.
Pretty sure 90 was the lowest last year to make playoffs.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
88 I think got you in last year, it won't take 93. If the Coyotes team D and goal tending continues from the last 2 games, we will make it in.

The points % of all the teams are higher this year though because the bad teams are worse than usual. It will take more than the low # last year unless everyone just beats the hell out of each other in head to head games.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
After play on Sunday, 8 March (3 weeks) we should have a good idea as to how the playoffs will be shaping up. The huge disparity in games played will be down to 2 at most. Nashville and Vancouver will have played 68 games. The Coyotes, Winnipeg and Edmonton will have played 69 games. (Nice!) Vegas and Calgary will have played 70 games. The Coyotes are only playing 7 games from now to 8 March. 3 of them are this week.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
As much as NHL.com and our lazy, worthless local journalists don’t want to admit it, games in hand actually matter. We are NOT in a playoff spot today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad