GDT: Game 62 - CBJ vs PHI - 20 Feb, 7pm, @Nat

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Jackets have 73 points with 20 games to go. I thought it would take 97 points to get in as the 2WC so we'll have to go 14-6 the rest of the way. I wouldn't put much money on that happening.

that looks like fuzzy math to me...12-8 would get it done but that seems impossible right now

Reactions: Robert

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
This PLD argument is dumb, the original post wasn’t whether he’s a #1C or not, it was that he played his last game as a Jacket which is, of course, complete malarkey.

Reactions: Martin Sloan

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
he’s On pace for 50+ points after losing Panarin, not having Atkinson for long periods of time, and a team that struggles scoring to begin with. Cherry picking stats off of a handful of games and making some sort of projection of any player is just stupid.

Not a #1 C my ass.
4 goals in his last 26 games, is that better?

Reactions: Robert

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
This game has me honked off. Needed to win in regulation.

I will say this. Lilja gets banged on this board and I agree he has limited offensive skill. But once again the 4th line - Nash, Robinson and Lilja - effectively limited the Flyers offense while spending time in the Flyers end, though admittedly not necessarily generating shots.

Reactions: Monstershockey

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Agree to disagree.

Not seeing what other people are seeing. Is PLD as dominant as he was before? No. But I don’t think it’s a lack of effort. I think it’s other teams focusing him, and thus it’s freeing up room for bjorkstrand. Would I like to see him drive the play more? Yeah, but again it’s hard to do that with 2-3 bodies draped all over you because they’re not afraid of your linemates.

Im sure we’re not the only fanbase who does this with their best/better players but it sure is annoying. Last year it was Werenski, now it’s PLD.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
4 goals in his last 26 games, is that better?

How many in his last 61? How many assists? Are seasons only 26 games long?

This lineup features Stefan matteau, Nathan gerbe, Kevin Stenlund, Emil Bemstrom, Nick foligno, Boone Jenner, Jakob lilja, and Riley Nash playing prominent minutes and some of these dudes are even playing in the top 6. But yeah, it’s PLD’s fault, exclusively, that he’s struggling. Not at all about how we almost have more salary cap on the IR than our active roster.

Nope it’s all PLD. Get Vincent Trocheck for him while we can. He can go right next to Jordan Eberle or whoever the hell we should have gotten for Werenski last year when people said the same bullshit.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
How many in his last 61? How many assists? Are seasons only 26 games long?

This lineup features Stefan matteau, Nathan gerbe, Kevin Stenlund, Emil Bemstrom, Nick foligno, Boone Jenner, Jakob lilja, and Riley Nash playing prominent minutes and some of these dudes are even playing in the top 6. But yeah, it’s PLD’s fault, exclusively, that he’s struggling. Not at all about how we almost have more salary cap on the IR than our active roster.

Nope it’s all PLD. Get Vincent Trocheck for him while we can. He can go right next to Jordan Eberle or whoever the hell we should have gotten for Werenski last year when people said the same bullshit.

we don't get it often but I sure do enjoy pissed off @CBJWennberg10's posts

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Not seeing what other people are seeing. Is PLD as dominant as he was before? No. But I don’t think it’s a lack of effort. I think it’s other teams focusing him, and thus it’s freeing up room for bjorkstrand. Would I like to see him drive the play more? Yeah, but again it’s hard to do that with 2-3 bodies draped all over you because they’re not afraid of your linemates.

Im sure we’re not the only fanbase who does this with their best/better players but it sure is annoying. Last year it was Werenski, now it’s PLD.
My sense is that in addition to all of this, which I agree with, he’s a little lost in his head. Not terribly, but enough that it’s compounding his problems. I think that once guys get back in the lineup, or if we get some new blood that is actually an offensive threat, and it takes some of the pressure off of Luc we’ll see the dominant player we all know he can be.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
This game has me honked off. Needed to win in regulation.

I will say this. Lilja gets banged on this board and I agree he has limited offensive skill. But once again the 4th line - Nash, Robinson and Lilja - effectively limited the Flyers offense while spending time in the Flyers end, though admittedly not necessarily generating shots.
Lilja???? Please don't mention him....

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Tonight

Trade him....
Tonight

From the Feb 4 Montreal game thread:

I'm really liking Elvis these days... dudes a competitor, great on his skates and very confident..

No middle ground with you is there? When he's on he on he's the greatest, when he has an off night or couple of nights you want him thrown in a gulag.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Recap.... 7 losses in a row, 4 points out of possible 14..

Need a winning streak with at least 24 points out of the last 40....

Not likely with the current non injured and AHL roster...

Never know though, I thought we were done in December.... GO JACKETS!! :)

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Tonight

Tonight

From the Feb 4 Montreal game thread:

No middle ground with you is there? When he's on he on he's the greatest, when he has an off night or couple of nights you want him thrown in a gulag.

That was before Jones was injured... Elvis is good on his skates, unfortunately perhaps to good... In many posts I also said his glove hand needed work, his positioning needed work and much more since Montreal... You know as well as everyone Elvis was protected by our defense since Korpi was injured and Jones was playing.. Hell, even ECHL Kevy won a game...

Reactions: thebus88

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
It's not too late to start thinking lottery picks. 1 good tank job with all the injuries can still give us an outside shot at LaFreniere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad