GDT: Game 62: Canucks @ Coyotes - More Hockey Already? - FSAZ - 7:30 PM

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
So my NHL.tv died, and by the time I refreshed and logged back in, Van had scored twice. :huh:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Killed by some poor missed shots and opportunities, terrible powerplays, an absolute horror show in faceoffs, and Markstrom was pretty good for Van. Keller had a poor game, he had so many chances but went full Domi with his shot selections. Never go full Domi. Also responsible for the lazy turnover that lead to the Van shorty.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah there's zero creativity on the PP's. Everybody just stands around waiting for something to happen. The most effective PP's are when most of the unit are in constant motion, quick passes and being unpredictable. We're none of those.

edit: I like the new clock on the NHL app that tells you how much time is left in intermission.
Exactly. Stepan is one of he guilty parties that stop the flow of a PP. He continues to stop on the half wall, stick handle for what seems like minutes and the rest of the team stops skating. Not hard to defend that kind of PP. We are not moving the puck. Now, is that coaching, or is that the players we have on the PP?

Reactions: Muppet

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
There is simply not enough talent on the roster. Watching that game I have no idea how they generated 40 shots.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
There is simply not enough talent on the roster. Watching that game I have no idea how they generated 40 shots.
Not now, but the kids are getting ice time and developing. I thought Dvo had a great game last night. His overall play is night and day better from last year. I expected more points from Perlini, but his overall game is much improved also. Rebuilding is painful.:)

Reactions: Heldig

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We are outshooting our opponent lately, that is a good sign. We need our PP to be much better and it still comes down to goal tending and mistakes, we made a few too many last night. If our PP improves and we cut down on a few mistakes, we should be ok. The team is just now starting to gel a little, good to see.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I probably over rated many of our young players and with the disappointing/terrible season find myself questioning their abilities.

Not a big fan of Perlini, myself. See him as an all the tools no toolbox kind of player. Energy guy on the third line.

Domi's season is just puzzling.

Is Dvorak developing as a top 2C with a great 200 foot game or is he more of a 3C? Same for Fischer as a RW?

Keller has way too many invisible games. Chayka and Tocchet need to figure out how to help him be an everyday impact player.

The bottom two lines are the worst in the league. FOr all the prospects in the pipeline the team is already one of the youngest in the league. They cant be adding multiple rookies again next season.

The offense sits last in the league.

Defense is third worst despite a very good top 4 D and Raanta proving he is a #1 calibre goalie.

PP is 26th. PK is OK at 19th.

So what to do? Way more questions than answers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->