Post-Game Talk: GAME #62: Canucks 0 vs. Islanders 4 | More underwhelming than the 50th anniversary logo

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
xkJWvbH.jpg

dfeehaW.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lindgren

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Best coach in the league today, IMO - he was criminally under appreciated for years in Nashville.

Hope we see a 60-minute effort from the home team tonight. This team’s pattern of trying hard for 20-40 minutes a game and then being utter dog shit for the remaining portions wears a bit thin. Win or lose, I like watching a hard working team.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Best coach in the league today, IMO - he was criminally under appreciated for years in Nashville.

Hope we see a 60-minute effort from the home team tonight. This team’s pattern of trying hard for 20-40 minutes a game and then being utter dog **** for the remaining portions wears a bit thin. Win or lose, I like watching a hard working team.

Agreed 100%. Never seen a canucks team work harder than under Alain Vigneault.

Never seen a lazier team than under Marc Crawford.

Never seen a more confused style of play than under Willie Desjardins.

TG is pretty much a hybrid of it all.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
No, I wish - it’s just a “throwback night” for the fans to wear retro jerseys, clothes, etc. The Skates will be coming out next year for the 50th anniversary.

I saw some pictures of them, not sure if I like them or not. The arm stripes look off and so does the neckline with the NHL logo. Will probably still buy one though because I've been trying to find a Bure jersey for ages and still haven't been able to.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I saw some pictures of them, not sure if I like them or not. The arm stripes look off and so does the neckline with the NHL logo. Will probably still buy one though because I've been trying to find a Bure jersey for ages and still haven't been able to.

For a while there, the official team store was selling the CCM vintage skate jerseys. Not sure if they’ve stopped that or not, but those jerseys aren’t even in production anymore, apparently. Might be a few sport/jersey stores around Vancouver that you could grab one - if not, eBay is a good place to check.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
7-5 Islanders

Jake The Snake Virtanen with 4

Considering the fact that he has "broken" ribs, I suspect it will cut into his production.

Doubt he has broken ribs, more likely cracked. I have had both, and they are miserable. The broken rib put me out for 6 months, hell I couldn't even sleep in a bed for 6 weeks. Over 3 years and I still feel it.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
For a while there, the official team store was selling the CCM vintage skate jerseys. Not sure if they’ve stopped that or not, but those jerseys aren’t even in production anymore, apparently. Might be a few sport/jersey stores around Vancouver that you could grab one - if not, eBay is a good place to check.

Yea I tried the team store a few times but they didn't have any in stock. Said they'd call when it came in but I guess they never did. I'm wary of eBay because of the fake jerseys on there, might have another look though.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Yea I tried the team store a few times but they didn't have any in stock. Said they'd call when it came in but I guess they never did. I'm wary of eBay because of the fake jerseys on there, might have another look though.

I had luck with a couple on eBay, but yeah, buyer beware - look closely at what you’re getting and seller reviews, as well.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I am going to go out on a limb and say "I will be in Mexico for 2 weeks, drinking 2 much and I don't give a (^((&* "

This involves sitting in a hot tub, alcohol and a lot of lies. As usual, there will be Cal, Edm and Wpg fans to discuss the status of the world. It is nice being able to argue that we probably have the 2nd best player in the world.

Reactions: Blue and Green

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Just hoping for some goals and open ice tonight, after slogging through that glorified mud-wrestling game between the Canucks and the 'Yotes. Terrible hockey and an awful result for the home team.

Another game where the Canucks d-corps is going to be under some serious stress, and Markstrom will have to be their best player. Isles on their last game of a western swing, so fatigue might be a factor.....5-3 Canucks, with two points each for Pettersson and Boeser?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->