GDT: Game 61 - CBJ vs PHI - 18 Feb, 7pm

Fairwhether

Jan 4, 2018
The last few games are good illustrations of why you protect your young guys from hard minutes and you don't play your third liners up the line up for more than a game or two.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Is PLD going to show up the rest of the season or has he quit already?

0 goals, 2 assists, 2 points in his last 8 games.

44 points in 61 games this year, which does lead the team I have to add but...

#1C on this team? yeah. sure.
#1C on any other team in a playoff spot? nope.

Last edited:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

44 points in 61 games this year.

not to mention his amazingggggg faceoff numbers. (sarcasm). 45 percent this year. 44 percent for his career. sickening.

when he's 'cold', he appears to be the most lazy person on the ice. takes some of the most careless penalties I've ever saw. reminds me a lot of RyJo actually (towards the end of his time in Columbus).

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
My take on the forwards tonight is Bjorkstrand looks like the only NHL player on the ice for the Jackets....and not just because he scored.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Torts rewards Foligno,with power play time next shift , unbelievable. Jarmo needs to sell at deadline , This team is going nowhere without Jones, and having Stendlund, Pld , and Jenner down center ice . Savard will command a big return and solve losing a huge asset in expansion
There’s no one to sell, they are all hurt

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
one thing I did like about the final 15 seconds just now (aside from the game finally ending) was Boone's willingness to play til the horn. unlike PLD, Boone refuses to give anything less than 100 percent even if his 100 percent isn't anything special.

onto the next one. when the puck drops thursday night, we will be on the outside looking in, when it comes to the playoff picture.

goodnight all.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

44 points in 61 games this year, which does lead the team I have to add but...

I think this is harsh. He’s had a rough go recently, but he is absolutely a 1C, albeit a low end one right now.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
name one team in the eastern conference that's currently in a playoff spot that PLD would be the #1C.

I didn't fight you on that point. But you're making it seem like he's not a #1 center because of this tough stretch. PLD, much like the rest of the roster, has fallen back to the norm or what would be expected out of a half AHL roster.

Teams are focusing him, and he hasn't done himself many favors either.

While you point to PLD's ineffectiveness, his output is still better than Foligno and Nyquist, who play just as much as him and make far more.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I was complaining they gave him a one-way and will continue to do so. The dollars good, the basically designating a roster spot to him? Nope.

They’re not designating a roster spot to him any more than they designated one to Hannikanen. Robinson’s contract is like #73 on the list of things to complain about.

Reactions: cslebn

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
At least I get now why we are after Martinez. Nuti is not a first pair guy and the third pairing is not convincing
No kidding. Nutivaara is a 3rd pairing guy but having Jones/Murray/Kukan out forces the move. Trading for Martinez is dumb and a complete overreaction to 1 injury. This isn’t a playoff team and giving up assets for a player who doesn’t fill a need long term is stupid.

Thankfully it won’t matter since he’s going to Vegas.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I didn't fight you on that point. But you're making it seem like he's not a #1 center because of this tough stretch. PLD, much like the rest of the roster, has fallen back to the norm or what would be expected out of a half AHL roster.

Teams are focusing him, and he hasn't done himself many favors either.

While you point to PLD's ineffectiveness, his output is still better than Foligno and Nyquist, who play just as much as him and make far more.

just have to point out that after tonight's game, PLD averages more ice time than Gus.

Fairwhether

Jan 4, 2018
What are Nyquist's strengths? I am not a big enough hockey fan to know him prior to joining this team and from watching him for a while now I don't know what he brings. Is he an open ice guy and our defense first structure is stymieing him, what? I really don't know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad