Post-Game Talk: GAME 61 - Backes wins it in SO - The Bear dances in the Vegas snow - BRUINS 3 VGK 2 F/SO

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Either way it was Busch league of NBC to have him on-mic for the entire period. What an annoying clown. Glad the Bruins took 2 points out of the Circus.
Kurt has done this before.... is it NBC's fault that NASCAR, AND Indycar are on the same network now, what's Busch league is the Vegas pregame, that's fine for an inaugural season deal, but you're now a full fledged member club

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Kurt has done this before.... is it NBC's fault that NASCAR, AND Indycar are on the same network now, what's Busch league is the Vegas pregame, that's fine for an inaugural season deal, but you're now a full fledged member club

I have no problem with the VGK pregame. It's kitschy, but it's 100% Vegas. They do entertainment big, loud, over-the-top, crazy.

Slightly off-topic: I'm somewhat surprised NBCSN didn't take the opportunity to promote the Indy 500 during that segment, given Kurt Busch has actually run Indy - he's the most recent NASCAR guy to cross over (and Tirico, who is going to host the Indy coverage, was on the PXP of the first game).

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I think Vegas' pre-game is just fine for a town that has a fake Great Pyramid, a fake Stature of Liberty, a fake Eiffel Tower, and a fake Caesars Palace. It fits right in the with shtick. At least they don't make the players themselves act like fools at the end of the game.

bwdrums1

Dec 14, 2017
4-0 on a west coast roadie ? Outstanding effort by the boys ! Awesome job by Jiro and Jake (game and shootout) and nice to see David Backes come through huge. He gets a lot of grief from some (myself included) because he does look like he might be shot, but his heart and leadership are unquestioned and he is truly one of the good guys in the sport.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
I think Vegas' pre-game is just fine for a town that has a fake Great Pyramid, a fake Stature of Liberty, a fake Eiffel Tower, and a fake Caesars Palace. It fits right in the with shtick. At least they don't make the players themselves act like fools at the end of the game.

I think the league should crack down on them a bit for the in game music and noise. Reminded me too much of a crappy NBA game with the music playing during the game. By rule, the music is supposed to stop when the play starts. More than a few times the music and light shows went past the face-off and into the time of play. Not to sound like a dinosaur but the NBA is impossible to watch because of the music in play. If your league needs music to hype up during the play, you need a better product.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I think the league should crack down on them a bit for the in game music and noise. Reminded me too much of a crappy NBA game with the music playing during the game. By rule, the music is supposed to stop when the play starts. More than a few times the music and light shows went past the face-off and into the time of play. Not to sound like a dinosaur but the NBA is impossible to watch because of the music in play. If your league needs music to hype up during the play, you need a better product.

you realize the NBA is immensely more popular than the NHL? no offense but the NHL could probably learn a thing or two from them

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
you realize the NBA is immensely more popular than the NHL? no offense but the NHL could probably learn a thing or two from them

So is European Soccer. Maybe the most boring game on the face of the earth and not an ounce of piped in noise.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Just watched the conclusion of this game and Halak stole this one. He made at least 4 different game saving saves. Glad to see the B's get another win.

Reactions: Pomee

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Just watched the conclusion of this game and Halak stole this one. He made at least 4 different game saving saves. Glad to see the B's get another win.

Vegas is missing something, can`t put my finger on what it is but they just don`t seem like the same team they were last year

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I only caught the 1st last night and I don't recall seeing or hearing Colin Miller mentioned. Did he play last night?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Vegas is missing something, can`t put my finger on what it is but they just don`t seem like the same team they were last year

VGK had a special bond last year not unlike the 2013 Red Sox or the 2013 Bruins.

That said for a second-year expansion club they are doing fine.

Reactions: BBB24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad