Post-Game Talk: Game 60 - THE BEAR dances on Broadway - BRUINS 3 NYR 1 - F

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Good defensive win, nice to see Halak get in and play good. I think I seen enough of Kuhlman. He is at best a 3rd liner but would be a heck of a good 4th liner. He just does not have the hands to add anything to Krech and Jake. Kreider did not impress me today, thinking go all in on Toffoli. He would be cheaper and they can add another guy if they want.

I tried to make a point of watching Kreider closely in this game too and I felt the same - didn't really impress me. He skates pretty well, is good at finding space and seems to read the play effectively enough, but his shots were tame and he didn't have much of an impact when the Rangers had a real chance to tie up the game against the tiring Bruins. Fast and Strome both looked like more of a threat in the 3rd. And if we want a guy who's going to help give the Bs a little more physical presence then he isn't it.

However his stats have been impressive in the last few games and he clearly knows how to find the back of the net, so maybe he just had an off night. But I'm not convinced, especially with Kreider being a LW when we really need a right. I'd rather just get a proper RW rather than trying to juggle things around too much and end up with one or more guys on their off-wings. Whether that's Toffoli, Palmieri or someone else I'm not sure, but I'd prefer to see Sweeney bring in just the right piece rather than trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Also echo the sentiment that I have seen enough of Kuhlman on the 2nd line. Would prefer to give Senyshyn some more time or someone else in Providence until a move is made.
The whole Bruins organization disagree with you.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Seny COULD give you that offense - if he had a full season to develop through it. I just don't know if he's going to have time to iron out the kinks in his game before the playoffs start - that's where the rubber really meets the road.

If there was any real hope that the kids down in the AHL could answer the second line RW answer, right now, I'd be good with Sweeney not making any trades at all. However, I think that's wishful thinking

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You think Lindgren or Dumba are taking these free shots if you have a Miles Woods in the lineup?
Just thinking out loud

Yes, 100% yes

As an aside Marchands face during the interview was hilarious. Such a rat king. I love him

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
You think Lindgren or Dumba are taking these free shots if you have a Miles Woods in the lineup?
Just thinking out loud

Yes. Miles Wood isn't stopping anyone from doing anything. There isn't a player in the league that would stop this and I don't get this notion that having one would.

Hell, you could argue the Bruins have arguably the only guy in the league that would actually stop this shit in Chara seeing he's 6'9" and has no issue standing up for a teammate when called upon. But it doesn't stop shit.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Seny COULD give you that offense - if he had a full season to develop through it. I just don't know if he's going to have time to iron out the kinks in his game before the playoffs start - that's where the rubber really meets the road.

If there was any real hope that the kids down in the AHL could answer the second line RW answer, right now, I'd be good with Sweeney not making any trades at all. However, I think that's wishful thinking
Pretty much.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Right.

No other teams in the league have to go back to back.

Teams in the East have it easy compared to the travel the western teams have to deal with.

You love coming to the aide when I chirp the NHL scheduling. Am insulting someone you know or something? Lmao. You get so defensive over it.

I'm sorry I think it's ridiculous we've had 4 back to backs this month.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
You love coming to the aide when I chirp the NHL scheduling. Am insulting someone you know or something? Lmao. You get so defensive over it.

I'm sorry I think it's ridiculous we've had 4 back to backs this month.

Its just such a terrible criticism.

31 teams all play the same amount of games in the same amount of time. The people responsible should be complimented, not called complete ****.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Yes. Miles Wood isn't stopping anyone from doing anything. There isn't a player in the league that would stop this and I don't get this notion that having one would.

Hell, you could argue the Bruins have arguably the only guy in the league that would actually stop this **** in Chara seeing he's 6'9" and has no issue standing up for a teammate when called upon. But it doesn't stop ****.

If you qualify your comments worth....”I don’t think there is a player in the league that stops it”....it would be more accurate.

There is no way of knowing that having tough players doesn’t deter cheap shots. Just because cheap shots still happen doesn’t mean that others weren’t deterred.

No player is ever going to come out and say:
“I had the chance to board Krejci tonight but I didn’t because Chara was on the ice”.

But the players believe it works....not in all cases of course, but enough of them have been open in their belief.

I liken it to speeding laws. Does the 65 MPH speed limit stop everyone from speeding? No.

But if there was no speed limit almost everybody would speed.

Last edited:

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Also, are we done with the league porking the **** out of us with these God awful back to backs yet?

The NHL schedulers are complete ****.

They've got 3 back-to-back games remaining, including two that include travel. No back-to-backs where they're the home team in both games.

2/21: @ Calgary / 2/22: @ Vancouver (with travel)
3/13: @ Buffalo / 3/14: vs. Toronto (with travel)
3/18: @ Anaheim / 3/19: @ LA (no travel required)

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Good overall win, was a little concerning after they gave one up late, I was half expecting an overtime loss.

Marchand is so fun to watch when he’s rolling like this. Coyle is starting to heat up, just in time to get himself a new buddy on the wing.

Goaltending is back to looking solid now that the starts are balanced out and they’re both healthy.

Lauzon impresses me, he’s solid and seems to have great chemistry with Gryz. I think with how NHL ready he seems the B’s have their playoff defensive depth. Miller(maybe), Clifton, Moore and Kampfer seems like enough to me, though I understand adding a bigger more physical defensemen if the price is right.

Excited to see what they do this week.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Also, are we done with the league porking the **** out of us with these God awful back to backs yet?

The NHL schedulers are complete ****.
the bruins were one of about 4 teams screwed this year. they only have 6 games where they play a tired team while rested. and 11 games they are tired while playing a rested team
D97YmMnWwAAS5as.jpeg

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
But NHL schedulers deserve to be complimented I was told???? This just proves how much of a joke they are.

Not to get in the middle of this love-fest, but the nhl doesn't have control over the celtics games at the garden.....or the concerts.....or Disney on ice.....or the college graduations....or the beanpot, etc. And then they have to go through the same process with every other arena. Every year some teams get more back to backs and some get less. I'm pretty sure the Bs had fewer than most last year. It all works out in the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->