Post-Game Talk: Game 60 - THE BEAR dances on Broadway - BRUINS 3 NYR 1 - F

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Good defensive win, nice to see Halak get in and play good. I think I seen enough of Kuhlman. He is at best a 3rd liner but would be a heck of a good 4th liner. He just does not have the hands to add anything to Krech and Jake. Kreider did not impress me today, thinking go all in on Toffoli. He would be cheaper and they can add another guy if they want.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
14435026_180212449052873_2509807990810111806_o.jpg

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
You think Lindgren or Dumba are taking these free shots if you have a Miles Woods in the lineup?
Just thinking out loud

I watched hockey for 50 years now... and yes goofballs were always taking free shots

ill let you in on a secret... hockey players get paid minimum 700k a year to play... if you happen to be a goofball and only get in the lineup 40-50 times a year you are making in excess 10 thousand dollars a night per game

if your only way to stay in the league... is to take shots at players... you will do it.

I mean there are poor kids all over this country going to the boxing gym and letting someone hit them in the head every day... for free... just on the faint hope of possibly getting good enough to one day be paid a 1000 dollars for a match

there aint a single goofball 4th line pest/agitator/cheapshot artist alive that is going to throw away a 700 thousand dollar a year job over the fear of having some off balanced guy on skates throw 3-4 punches at him before a couple linsemen step in and break up the fight

hell... id let dave semenko and bob probert in their primes both have 1 mins of punching me in the face each... once a month... if I was taking home 50 thousand dollars each time it happened

this myth that having some fighter in your lineup might stop cheap shots has never been true in my lifetime... and I cant imagine it would ever be true in the future now that the league rules are being enforced to get fighting out of the game

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Really not happy that two of Boston's first line scoring stars where cross checked without so much as a hand raise. It's too bad Pasta doesn't have "Matthews" on his jersey on breakaways. Maybe hooks/holds/slashes would be called. Sucks to be the goal scoring leader and not be able to buy a clear call. Krejci also took a shot pretty high as well. I don't know why Bruce doesn't raise more hell, but it's bothersome. He should have absolutely blasted the refs after that insane call on Kuhlman. You have to at least attempt to turn the tide when the reffing is that blatantly one-sided. A couple missed calls, fine. A plethora of missed calls, come on. You owe it to your players.
Yeah, this is cool. Apparently.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I watched hockey for 50 years now... and yes goofballs were always taking free shots

ill let you in on a secret... hockey players get paid minimum 700k a year to play... if you happen to be a goofball and only get in the lineup 40-50 times a year you are making in excess 10 thousand dollars a night per game

if your only way to stay in the league... is to take shots at players... you will do it.

I mean there are poor kids all over this country going to the boxing gym and letting someone hit them in the head every day... for free... just on the faint hope of possibly getting good enough to one day be paid a 1000 dollars for a match

there aint a single goofball 4th line pest/agitator/cheapshot artist alive that is going to throw away a 700 thousand dollar a year job over the fear of having some off balanced guy on skates throw 3-4 punches at him before a couple linsemen step in and break up the fight

hell... id let dave semenko and bob probert in their primes both have 1 mins of punching me in the face each... once a month... if I was taking home 50 thousand dollars each time it happened

this myth that having some fighter in your lineup might stop cheap shots has never been true in my lifetime... and I cant imagine it would ever be true in the future now that the league rules are being enforced to get fighting out of the game
I guess you were trying to say anyone can be a goon. Wood has been on some mediocre Devils teams and one year scored 19 goals
I think he maybe a good one to take a chance on

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Just finished watching!

The Coyle SHG was poetic justice.

The refs were again, an embarrassment!

How does Buchnevich not get a cross check after Marchand got one .05 seconds before?

The Kuhlman interference call was abysmal.

Officiate the game.....don’t manage it!

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Feel like the League tried to steal that game today from Bruins.Glad they won but did not enjoy the game at all.
Marchand’s crosscheck of the Rag dueling with Bergeron was met by a crosscheck from behind in the head that was so hard it knocked Marchand’s helmet off. No call. Another day in the clown show. ** Edit to add apology to sarge88. I did not see your post before I raised the same point you made. Mea culpa.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Marchand’s crosscheck of the Rag dueling with Bergeron was met by a crosscheck from behind in the head that was so hard it knocked Marchand’s helmet off. No call. Another day in the clown show. ** Edit to add apology to sarge88. I did not see your post before I raised the same point you made. Mea culpa.

Plenty of room on the SS The Refs Suck.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Like yesterday against Detroit, the Bruins were clearly the better team. Rangers had a bit of a push in the third, but that was just the B's back-to-back with travel catching up to them.

Aside from that late game surge, it was not an aesthetically pleasing game. Between that and the rather dull outdoor game last night, the league is not putting on much of a show for the national audience.

Mix in completely incompetent reffing in which longtime fans can't even make sense of the calls, and I doubt NBC convinced any casual fans to jump on board.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX

I missed the game and just watched the video clip. I cannot believe the NHL is going to tolerate these officials and their failure to call both of those crosschecks. I have little doubt the NHL and its officials are fine with this type of activity against 63 or any Bruin for that matter.

Disgusting...

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
I missed the game and just watched the video clip. I cannot believe the NHL is going to tolerate these officials and their failure to call both of those crosschecks. I have little doubt the NHL and its officials are fine with this type of activity against 63 or any Bruin for that matter.

Disgusting...
NHL is totally fine with this double standard.

Just look at the SCF last year.

Reactions: Spooner st

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I guess you were trying to say anyone can be a goon. Wood has been on some mediocre Devils teams and one year scored 19 goals
I think he maybe a good one to take a chance on

More like... cheap shots will happen even if you dress 15 goons.

Im not necessarily against fighters. Terry oreilly is my hero. I still like milan lucic. I happen to like guys who can and do fight

Its just... fighting doesnt stop cheapshots

Its incredibly rare for a goon fighter to ever get more than 1 or 2 punches on a cheapshot artist. Instead your goon has to fight their goon

Almost no one ever gets inspired by 2 goons fighting. And fans find it a turnoff

As for miles wood... im with you. I think he can play. I agree id like to see him here. When an everyday player like this fights... it can inspire a team

Having a guy like this stickup for linemates lets everyone play braver

But...

Cheapshots will still happen

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
One of my favorite ref moments happened in the ranger columbus game a couple nights ago

1 ranger got his stick in buddies skates... buddy goes down... theres a columbus player sort of near by

So zebra calls the columbus guy on a trip

Holycow!!!

If that was bruins involved im sure i would have stroked out

Had to watch the highlight 5 times i was laughing so hard at the incompetence

Honestly... id love to say officials are out to get us, but the evidence seems overwhelming these days that they just simply suck

Reactions: Spooner st

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Just finished watching!

The Coyle SHG was poetic justice.

The refs were again, an embarrassment!

How does Buchnevich not get a cross check after Marchand got one .05 seconds before?

The Kuhlman interference call was abysmal.

Officiate the game.....don’t manage it!

That would make a great sign for games this week."Officiate The Game---Don't Manage It!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->