GDT: Game 60: Seattle (32-21-6) @ St. Louis (26-28-5); 5:00PM PST

wewantyoursoul

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Valley, OR
Where: The Over-used Rode-hard Confines of the Enterprise Center in St. Louis, Missouri
When: 5:00PM Pacific/7:00PM Central
How to watch: ROOT/ESPN+/NHLPP
Morning lines: Seattle -155 O/U: 6

1677604874305.png

1677604913227.png

1677604942140.png

1677604964832.png

1677604999685.png

Keys to the game:

1677605045252.png

It will be interesting to see who might be held out of tonight's contest. I have seen a couple of different definitely-not-official posts about Soucy/Sprong for some first round picks.

We really need to right the ship tonight!

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
This one seems as close to a must win as the Kraken have had this season.

Overall it feels a bit like in late December when the team struggled a lot and looked like they might not be able to keep up with the playoff teams.

Hopefully the team can turn it around and play, at least somewhat, like they did in November and January in order to keep at least a wild card spot.

Anyways....
giphy.gif

And of course...
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: wewantyoursoul

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
This one seems as close to a must win as the Kraken have had this season.

Overall it feels a bit like in late December when the team struggled a lot and looked like they might not be able to keep up with the playoff teams.

Hopefully the team can turn it around and play, at least somewhat, like they did in November and January in order to keep at least a wild card spot.

Anyways....
giphy.gif

And of course...
giphy.gif
I don't know about must win for the season but I think today may very well determine what Francis chooses to do at the TDL. I have enjoyed the way the team has played, for most of the part, this season but I realize this is not a year we go far in the playoffs. Even if we do somehow manage to make it. Selling pieces that are likely gone next season anyway may not be a bad idea.

Reactions: wewantyoursoul

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I don't know about must win for the season but I think today may very well determine what Francis chooses to do at the TDL. I have enjoyed the way the team has played, for most of the part, this season but I realize this is not a year we go far in the playoffs. Even if we do somehow manage to make it. Selling pieces that are likely gone next season anyway may not be a bad idea.

I don't think those two games before the TDL are going to change anything and if you listen to Francis it tells enough.

We're going to be at least in the wild card race(most likely in a playoff/wild card spot) by Friday and I don't think Francis will actually do somethink like moving Soucy.

Overall we're in a good spot and it's on the team to finish the job and qualify for the playoffs,
Looking at the west, there's also basically only nine teams actually going for the playoffs and the Flames aren't looking good and might even sell as well.

I also don't think that Soucy would net what some of the experts are suggesting given that a lot of high draft picks have already been traded and there are still guys like Chychrun, Ekholm, Gavrikov, Klingberg etc. out there.

BTW: The must win to me is because so far this season the team has always been able to stop the bleeding at three losses(at most) and losing tonight would mean the first four game losing streak this season.
And it would be at a really bad time of the season and right before we three more on the road including the Red Wings and Avalanche.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I don't think those two games before the TDL are going to change anything and if you listen to Francis it tells enough.

We're going to be at least in the wild card race(most likely in a playoff/wild card spot) by Friday and I don't think Francis will actually do somethink like moving Soucy.

Overall we're in a good spot and it's on the team to finish the job and qualify for the playoffs,
Looking at the west, there's also basically only nine teams actually going for the playoffs and the Flames aren't looking good and might even sell as well.

I also don't think that Soucy would net what some of the experts are suggesting given that a lot of high draft picks have already been traded and there are still guys like Chychrun, Ekholm, Gavrikov, Klingberg etc. out there.

BTW: The must win to me is because so far this season the team has always been able to stop the bleeding at three losses(at most) and losing tonight would mean the first four game losing streak this season.
And it would be at a really bad time of the season and right before we three more on the road including the Red Wings and Avalanche.
I think Soucy has been demand for a while and his return would surprise us. Not expecting a 1st because Chychrun, Gavrikov and Ekholm are likely going to require that pick(s). But for those trying to buy cheap and not give up a 1st, Soucy could guarantee us 2 x 2nds.

I do think that at the end of the day, Soucy becomes our TDL rental and we just keep him. I think the chance for us trading Soucy is rather low and like you said, its between us and Calgary for that last WC spot right now.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Well St. Louis is in tear down rebuild mode so they've packed it in on the season so it's a sure fire opportunity to pick up points. They should be loose and not caring though so slightly dangerous. Get on them early, get a lead, take away their will to live on the night.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
As you, St. Louis Blues, travel to Enterprise Center by conventional means, the normals you travel with experience malfunctions. As you realize ALL THAT IS LEFT is total self-destruction, do you, St. Louis Blues, show self pity? DO YOU, ST. LOUIS BLUES, try to reason why? Do you, St. Louis Blues, try and comfort the normals that have even more fear than you? Or, do you, St. Louis Blues, kick the doors out? Kick the cockpit door down? Take the two pilots that have already made the sacrifice so that you can face this challenge. Dispose of them, St. Louis Blues. Assume the controls, St. Louis Blues. SHOVE THAT CONTROL INTO A NOSE DIVE, ST. LOUIS BLUES! Push yourself to total self-destruction. AS YOU REALIZE, ST. LOUIS BLUES, you are about to enter a world close to Parts Unknown. Ah, smell it Kraken fans. DO YOU, St. Louis Blues, look for a place to hide? Or do you, St. Louis Blues, face that challenge? That may be more powerful THAN EVEN YOU ARE, ST. LOUIS BLUES! You, St. Louis Blues, must self-destruct. So that you will know, St. Louis Blues, who are… the chosen ones. FOR ST. LOUIS BLUES, We are not the chosen ones that you speak of. We are not. We, St. Louis Blues, are the only ones.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
It wasn't pretty but at least it got the job done.

That power play is at least as dangerous for our goaltender as it is for the other team. Probably even more.

Anyways, the team was able to stop the bleeding and gain a point on Calgary who lost in OT.

Next up Detroit and hopefully this win helps the team getting back on track.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
As you, St. Louis Blues, travel to Enterprise Center by conventional means, the normals you travel with experience malfunctions. As you realize ALL THAT IS LEFT is total self-destruction, do you, St. Louis Blues, show self pity? DO YOU, ST. LOUIS BLUES, try to reason why? Do you, St. Louis Blues, try and comfort the normals that have even more fear than you? Or, do you, St. Louis Blues, kick the doors out? Kick the cockpit door down? Take the two pilots that have already made the sacrifice so that you can face this challenge. Dispose of them, St. Louis Blues. Assume the controls, St. Louis Blues. SHOVE THAT CONTROL INTO A NOSE DIVE, ST. LOUIS BLUES! Push yourself to total self-destruction. AS YOU REALIZE, ST. LOUIS BLUES, you are about to enter a world close to Parts Unknown. Ah, smell it Kraken fans. DO YOU, St. Louis Blues, look for a place to hide? Or do you, St. Louis Blues, face that challenge? That may be more powerful THAN EVEN YOU ARE, ST. LOUIS BLUES! You, St. Louis Blues, must self-destruct. So that you will know, St. Louis Blues, who are… the chosen ones. FOR ST. LOUIS BLUES, We are not the chosen ones that you speak of. We are not. We, St. Louis Blues, are the only ones.
You ok? LOL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad