GDT: Game 60 | Jackets @ Sens "Precautionary Measure" Edition | 2/22 7 PM

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I’ll take it, even though we sleepwalked through 90% of it and Bread played like he still had a full metal jacket in his undies

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Imagine they get a deep run in the PO, both Bread and Bob stay, Duchene signs too.

That would be quite an ending of this dramatic turbulent year.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
It’s a win, but we’re going to need to be way better tomorrow. Welcome Matt

There was definitely some sometimes frantic feeling energy, but were they really that bad? Outshot 'em 2-1, 3 goals, 2 posts (that I heard at least), shutout, Duchene looks great.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Maybe Wennberg is being traded after all? Explanation for this strange performance? Team weirded out?

They're not trying very hard because they don't have to.

And they'll need the juice tomorrow night.

And Artemi is clearly still sick.

Also Zach is super sluggish a lot of nights. Despite his assist he's been a slug tonight. I want his minutes cut. Conditioning or professionalism, I don't know, but either way he's not prepared to play 20 minutes a night.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
There was definitely some sometimes frantic feeling energy, but were they really that bad? Outshot 'em 2-1, 3 goals, 2 posts (that I heard at least), shutout, Duchene looks great.

They played fine against a team like Ottawa, but they were really sluggish offensively. Some of that has to be breaking in Duchene and all of that, but as a whole we didn't have very many good opportunities other than the 3rd period goals.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
They played fine against a team like Ottawa, but they were really sluggish offensively. Some of that has to be breaking in Duchene and all of that, but as a whole we didn't have very many good opportunities other than the 3rd period goals.

I just didn't see the sluggishness you're talking about. They over-passed a little bit, like you said seemed like getting a feel for each other, but overall it was a relatively calm game in which they put up 40 shots and won 3-0. This is exactly how I would expect this game to go.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I would be just fine with Bob lowering his asking price/length and sticking around Columbus for another couple years. ;)

at this point, I fully fully fully expect Bob to still be a member of the CBJ come Monday evening.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think Bob wants to play safe is death anymore.

Could be projection on my part. :laugh: I'm so tired of the system, it sounds like "death is safe" now in my head, no positive connotations.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Felt ugly at times... powerplay is still a work in progress that is not a lot of fun to watch - but I didn't expect it to suddenly be fixed just by adding Duchene.

Either way, 2 points we had to have given the opponent and who was sitting out. Mission accomplished.

Reactions: Sore Loser

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
R - E - S - P - E - C - T

Possibly in the form of $$$.

Or maybe just no more comments about his mental state. Not sure.
Cmon man. If Bobs so soft that the critique here in cowtown Columbus bothers him , the only place he can go this offseason is Florida . Maybe the 8,000 fans that show up there won’t notice him choking in the playoffs . From what I’ve witnessed this year , I think it’s pretty much confirmed that Bobs issues , are the 6” between his ears

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
BreadMan is going to be sad on Monday when Bobrovsky is still on the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad