GDT: Game 60: Columbus Blue Jackets vs Montreal Canadiens 7:30pm EST TSN2, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You shoulda' seen me on Saturday night. I did some marketing work for a Diner en Blanc event that took place in Fort Lauderdale and the organizers invited me down to experience it firsthand. Everyone has to dress completely in white. I looked like the Man from Glad. Yes, I have pictures. No, I'm not posting them!

So you only attended the Sunday game then. Glad you didn't read the Sunday GDT, in that case. You might have found some stuff about you. :laugh:

Lucky for you, you're not sharing those pics. I guarantee you that @Bloumeister would be having a field day.

Hell, you won't even replace your avi pic by a higher def version -- the Man from Glad pics are a pipe dream.

Welcome back.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
if Danault plays I would go with:

Laflamme-Dano-Gally
Tatar-Domi-Shaw
Armia-Kotka-Byron
Hudon-Thompson-Lehkonen

I feel like the 4th line is way better like that and we can finally have offensive contribution from all 4 lines if Lehk and Hudon can find their games back!

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The lineup needs to be shaken, and shaken up big time...........they have been god awful lately...he could scratch Leks and Drouin and no one would even notice.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
The lineup needs to be shaken, and shaken up big time...........they have been god awful lately...he could scratch Leks and Drouin and no one would even notice.

You dont scratch Drouin at home, its on the road that hes played like shit.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
No because we dont have much to sell...
Our only players that become ufa at the end of the season are Benn and Niemi.

Was going to say the same thing. Some posters might advocate trading players with term (Petry, Tatar, Byron) but that's pretty unrealistic IMO. Benn might get a 3rd or 4th if he were dealt, but that's about it.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Petry is a very valuable D man........
Pauly B
Tartar sauce
Golden Boy
Anyone not named Koki?

omg shaw would be perfecT!

Could still move Byron and Shaw.

Those guys have lots of year left on their contract. Trading them now instead of trading them in the summer won't really give us anything more. They will still have the same value in the offseason.

In fact, they probably return less now because of the quantity of good players expected to be available at the tdl.

Reactions: Runner77

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
This deadline is weird with Stone/Duchene/Panarin and other top players available

Outside of Petry , I don't know if we have anyone realistically available that is worth anything .

Start of the year Byron would have probably gotten a 1st at the deadline and now with the deep pool of players available he would probably not get a 1st

Big Game tonight ! We could be out of a playoff spot for the first time in a long long time by the end of the night

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Those guys have lots of year left on their contract. Trading them now instead of trading them in the summer won't really give us anything more. They will still have the same value in the offseason.

In fact, they probably return less now because of the quantity of good players expected to be available at the tdl.

I thought the premise behind trade deadline was you'd get a better haul for your players because teams that are making that final PO push will over pay for someone to try and get them lord Stanley... Am I mistaken?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I thought the premise behind trade deadline was you'd get a better haul for your players because teams that are making that final PO push will over pay for someone to try and get them lord Stanley... Am I mistaken?

Usually, buyers at the deadline are not looking for players with term. They're looking for expiring contracts in return for draft picks and prospects. Otherwise, they'd have to throw roster players into the conversation and that would be counterproductive as all of them are needed for a playoff push.

HabsGifs

Follow me on twitter! @HabsGifs
Jan 29, 2009
Lord Byron returns!

Lord.gif

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
His wife is pregnant so that could be why
When my wife was pregnant I still did my job.
I don’t buy that at all. He just hasn’t been good since the leafs game.
It seems coincidental that Drouin is pointless in 4 and so is Danault.
Both need to wake up or playoffs will be in the rear view mirror

Reactions: Forum93

Jul 6, 2016
Is Weise down to Laval to make room for Byron ?

Lines I would like to see:

Tatar-Domi-Gally
Byron-Danault-Shaw
Drouin-KK-Armia
DeLo-Thompson-Lehkonen

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Un match de quatre points! On sépare les hommes des enfants! Y'en n'aura pas de facile! Le hockey, ça se joue sur la glace!
Pierre qui roule n'amasse pas mousse.

Pis tous les autres...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Un match de quatre points! On sépare les hommes des enfants! Y'en n'aura pas de facile! Le hockey, ça se joue sur la glace!

Pis tous les autres...

You should have added a Perronisme to the list. :D

Reactions: dinodebino

Jul 6, 2016

Pis tous les autres...

Un "must-win" !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad