Game #6 : Kings vs. Panthers - 10/13/13 - First Regulation Win!

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Mike Richards is pretty much one of my favorite players when he's beasting love him and his heart. Man still can't believe we have Richards and Carter on the same team. Thank you Philly!

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
A shutout by the back-up and two goals by the 4th line? Hard to find much to complain about there. Great win by the boys today

The "fans" of the Panthers should be embarrassed. The Dolphins were not playing this week and that place wasn't half full, just a joke.

If I was going to single out somebody as a negative for the Kings, it's Frattin. I have never seen someone be so invisible

To be fair, anyone expecting anything significant out of Frattin had extremely high expectations. We had zero options (even resigning Penner) as far as cap space goes in filling that LW hole. Anyone expecting Frattin to come in and be a top six LW when the kid hasn't even played a full NHL season was out to lunch.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Mike Richards is pretty much one of my favorite players when he's beasting love him and his heart. Man still can't believe we have Richards and Carter on the same team. Thank you Philly!

Preposterous! Carter and Richards have albatross contracts and they have no heart or leadership. That's why Philly is doing so well without them :sarcasm:

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
Preposterous! Carter and Richards have albatross contracts and they have no heart or leadership. That's why Philly is doing so well without them :sarcasm:

Dry island, baby!
richards-carter-party21.jpg

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I feel good about today's win too, but Florida has to be the worst team in the league this season. Tampa is not much better, so we should continue to do well on this road trip.

Nope. Having suffered thru every miserable period of hockey they've attempted to play , that would be the Flyers 1-5 about to go 1-7 with the Canucks Tues and the Pens on Thurs (which I think is on either NBC or NHL Network)

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

On behalf of that unselfish and savvy owner, ED Snider, you're welcome for the gift that keeps on giving.

Ron*

Nope. Having suffered thru every miserable period of hockey they've attempted to play , that would be the Flyers 1-5 about to go 1-7 with the Canucks Tues and the Pens on Thurs (which I think is on either NBC or NHL Network)

Are they really that bad, or just having a bad streak? I tend to look (or forecast) the rest of the season in making my judgments. I think Philly has made some real bad moves the past few seasons in terms of roster adjustments, but in the bigger scheme of things I see a pretty bad Florida offensive team and an even worse Tampa Bay defensive team...so I am forecasting real bad seasons for both those teams...without even taking into regard the extra travel that the league screwed them on with this realignment.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
That pass by Richie to Carbomb was a beauty. Bit by bit, everyone is starting to improve and it's great to see King and Nolan playing like they did 2 years ago. Really, the only mistake I saw tonight was when that puck bounced on RR and he didn't make a mistake, he bent down and tried to stop the puck but it bounced. Frattin also made a nice pass so hopefully he can gel with his linemates and we'll see some points from him. Gotta love Scrivens getting the shutout, especially the day after Bernier let in a few stinkers.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Are they really that bad, or just having a bad streak? I tend to look (or forecast) the rest of the season in making my judgments. I think Philly has made some real bad moves the past few seasons in terms of roster adjustments, but in the bigger scheme of things I see a pretty bad Florida offensive team and an even worse Tampa Bay defensive team...so I am forecasting real bad seasons for both those teams...without even taking into regard the extra travel that the league screwed them on with this realignment.

They are pretty bad. I've watched every game and I'd say the only thing they've got going right now is Mason. I think Giroux and some of the other younger guys are better than they've been, but they still have no defense whatsoever, their forwards or their defensemen. If Mason starts to falter, look out. Really, I'm just pissed that even through all of this, their fans still take pot shots at Richie and Carter. They will never admit they were wrong.

Speaking of the 2nd line, King was meh today, so should we switch to someone else? Nolan's been playing well. Frattin or Carcillo again? I really don't know anymore.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Nice win.

184418697_slide.jpg

Something is wrong with the size of the players on all hockey sites.

Quick is listed 6'1 and Scrivens 6'2 ? but he seems to be a little smaller than Quick. Regehr 6'3 but is certainly more than two inches taller than Quick.

I swear they just make it up. Rinaldo is listed as 169 pounds. No way on earth he is that light

Good road game today. Florida is a bad team so its important to get a comfortable win like that

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009

They look awful. Mason has played well, and Schenn and Lecavlier had some nice chemistry in the offensive zone. That is the only bright sparks.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Another workman like effort by our boys and while we are miles away from where we will be once everything comes together we are playing some Kings hockey the last couple of games and are at the very least turning towards the right direction.

A Mart is money in all 3 zones. I haven't any idea why DS doesn't see it to me it just very clear. Muzzin needs work, A Mart is dead set and ready. Easy choice.

I know allot of people are luke warm when it comes to Frattin but the guy is playing some seriously solid hockey all things considered. It is his first full season in the league so far in a new system on a new team that he is tying to work his way into.

The kid makes smart D reads and while he has scored since being moved to the 3rd line he is getting a few chances and will keep on getting more as time goes on. I think he will end up being a really good RW for us.

Brown still needs work but is looking good.

Willie is struggling but putting it together a little every game. I am still a bit worried about his knee but guy is a warrior and will give it all until he cant.

RR looked pretty solid the past two games.

This is the Ben Scrivens who was a solid back up for the Leafs last season and if he can keep it up he will be a really good back up for us. He isn't JB but he is a positionally solid cool under fire back up.

Nolan = fun to watch and remains as he has been for a long time now one of my favorite young players.

King seems to be getting the hang of it again. Second full season so I expect him and the other kids to be picking it up.

I thought that VV had a great game today and played with a nice edge at times.

Kopi looks lost from time to time and while he is still very effective I am having a hard time seeing what is going on. Maybe it is his anchor DB who is still struggling a little that is setting him off. I keep watching Kopi's feet and where he is on the ice and he is definitely playing a more perimeter game then even last year. I am not worried, he is one of the best in the game.

On to TB and the "ning".

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
The funny thing is that even with Kopi is struggling, he's still putting up solid numbers. I just think he needs to continue focusing on being aggressive and really cutting the lane..that's when he's really effective. Really nice setup today for Jdub.

Another workman like effort by our boys and while we are miles away from where we will be once everything comes together we are playing some Kings hockey the last couple of games and are at the very least turning towards the right direction.

A Mart is money in all 3 zones. I haven't any idea why DS doesn't see it to me it just very clear. Muzzin needs work, A Mart is dead set and ready. Easy choice.

I know allot of people are luke warm when it comes to Frattin but the guy is playing some seriously solid hockey all things considered. It is his first full season in the league so far in a new system on a new team that he is tying to work his way into.

The kid makes smart D reads and while he has scored since being moved to the 3rd line he is getting a few chances and will keep on getting more as time goes on. I think he will end up being a really good RW for us.

Brown still needs work but is looking good.

Willie is struggling but putting it together a little every game. I am still a bit worried about his knee but guy is a warrior and will give it all until he cant.

RR looked pretty solid the past two games.

This is the Ben Scrivens who was a solid back up for the Leafs last season and if he can keep it up he will be a really good back up for us. He isn't JB but he is a positionally solid cool under fire back up.

Nolan = fun to watch and remains as he has been for a long time now one of my favorite young players.

King seems to be getting the hang of it again. Second full season so I expect him and the other kids to be picking it up.

I thought that VV had a great game today and played with a nice edge at times.

Kopi looks lost from time to time and while he is still very effective I am having a hard time seeing what is going on. Maybe it is his anchor DB who is still struggling a little that is setting him off. I keep watching Kopi's feet and where he is on the ice and he is definitely playing a more perimeter game then even last year. I am not worried, he is one of the best in the game.

On to TB and the "ning".

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I think the repeated changes in Philly have made a mess of whatever chemistry was there. Giroux has to deal with not only the weight of the captaincy but his new contract extension. The Bryzaster experiment ruined the team last year and it's funny to see goaltending to not be the problem. I hate what they've done since 2011, they being management, and I still love a few of the players but as a whole, they look terrible. I'm glad to hear Berube talking about fixing the team defence first so there still is hope. They should be thanking their lucky stars that they were able to buy out Bryz and Briere because things could be worse.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
The Kings win is because of A Marts pixie dust. He should dump a bucket load on Sutter so he can clearly see!

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes

Sutter said in a pre game interview that the Kings would be 0-5 without Kopitar.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
I think the repeated changes in Philly have made a mess of whatever chemistry was there. Giroux has to deal with not only the weight of the captaincy but his new contract extension. The Bryzaster experiment ruined the team last year and it's funny to see goaltending to not be the problem. I hate what they've done since 2011, they being management, and I still love a few of the players but as a whole, they look terrible. I'm glad to hear Berube talking about fixing the team defence first so there still is hope. They should be thanking their lucky stars that they were able to buy out Bryz and Briere because things could be worse.

I've always hated the Flyers so I'm loving seeing them suck but their entire situation traces back to their acquisition of Pronger imo. Stupid contract for the most hated guy in the league, destroyed their room leading to the Carter/Richards disaster moves and it has been a continuous death spiral since.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Sutter said in a pre game interview that the Kings would be 0-5 without Kopitar.

Well we have no way of actually knowing that but I think if you read what I wrote you would see where I said that he was one of the best centers in the game and that I wasn't worried. Kopi is still great but he has backed off of his pre season aggressive play a bit and I can't see what is going on.

Imagine where we would be if Kopi was playing at his best which he will be in time.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Well we have no way of actually knowing that but I think if you read what I wrote you would see where I said that he was one of the best centers in the game and that I wasn't worried. Kopi is still great but he has backed off of his pre season aggressive play a bit and I can't see what is going on.

Imagine where we would be if Kopi was playing at his best which he will be in time.

I read what you wrote and I agree as I normally do with your posts. I just thought it was a pretty telling quote.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I read what you wrote and I agree as I normally do with your posts. I just thought it was a pretty telling quote.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood what it meant.

What I wonder is what we would look like if Vey were added to the mix as a sub in C for us. Not to replace AK or MR but more just a few minutes here and there. I would't bring him up for it but I just wonder what impact it would have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad