GDT: Game 6: Germany Vs USA | 1PM EST 7PM CET | USA 6 - 3 GER

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Well me and the coach of team USA do not agree and that’s just how it is. When you say you, you mean “you” because we think your wrong.

I'm afraid I don't actually care what you think, and appealing to authority doesn't help you either. Coaches can make mistakes like anyone else.

What I see is a coach trying to play to a game plan that he laid out before the tournament began, and not one that is laid out based on the team and players he has. If he's smart, he'll adjust, because right now he's not coaching a winning strategy against the top teams.

And you probably don't care what I think either, and that's fair, but get out of here with that "The US coach disagrees with you" nonsense. That gets you nowhere.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I'm afraid I don't actually care what you think, and appealing to authority doesn't help you either. Coaches can make mistakes like anyone else.

What I see is a coach trying to play to a game plan that he laid out before the tournament began, and not one that is laid out based on the team and players he has. If he's smart, he'll adjust, because right now he's not coaching a winning strategy against the top teams.

And you probably don't care what I think either, and that's fair, but get out of here with that "The US coach disagrees with you" nonsense. That gets you nowhere.

I’m sorry but I am not appealing to anyone, do you know who else can be wrong other than the coach? You
Being smart isn’t people doing what you want them to do. And seeing how you do not coach for a living I would expect you to understand there are many things about the entire process you do not understand or know about.
I told you what I think, we see what the coach thinks but for some reason everyone should listen to you....nope

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I’m sorry but I am not appealing to anyone, do you know who else can be wrong other than the coach? You

I mean, you clearly are, since you brought up the coach. If you weren't appealing to authority you would have just said you disagree.

Of course I can be wrong. But you expressing a different opinion than me doesn't mean I am, does it? I'm not sure what your point here is. I can be wrong. Are you suggesting you can't be? Is that what this is about? Because you disagree with my opinion I should just defer to you as the expert on these matters? If that isn't the case, what's your point? You aren't actually debating this, other than to say "I disagree with you, and you can be wrong."

I've actually offered up an opinion as to why I don't like this strategy. It's a short tournament, and there isn't much time for players to get comfortable with their roles. It's actually pretty important in a tournament like this to get the team firing on all cylinders. You didn't actually dispute any of that. You just said you disagree with me. Not even, specifically, on what you disagree with. Just that you disagree and I can be wrong. So, you aren't really offering much to discuss here.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Being smart isn’t people doing what you want them to do. And seeing how you do not coach for a living I would expect you to understand there are many things about the entire process you do not understand or know about.
I told you what I think, we see what the coach thinks but for some reason everyone should listen to you....nope

Oh, nice edit.

So, after saying you aren't appealing to authority you appeal... to authority. Well done.

I've never claimed people should listen to me. This is, however, a message board. You know, where people offer opinions. Once again, this seems more about you just saying you disagree with me than offering actual opinions relevant to what I said. Why don't you discuss what I said, instead of who it is coming from.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I mean, you clearly are, since you brought up the coach. If you weren't appealing to authority you would have just said you disagree.

Of course I can be wrong. But you expressing a different opinion than me doesn't mean I am, does it? I'm not sure what your point here is. I can be wrong. Are you suggesting you can't be? Is that what this is about? Because you disagree with my opinion I should just defer to you as the expert on these matters? If that isn't the case, what's your point? You aren't actually debating this, other than to say "I disagree with you, and you can be wrong."

Umm he isn’t reading this nor is he around and I sure the hell am not trying to make ‘big hockey’ happy, so no I am not appealing to anyone. And yes I told what I think he is doing and it’s all...nope he’s stupid this is how it’s done.....
Sorry but you do not get to over rule anyone and your opinion is just uninformed uneducated internet blah blah
And at no point did I lay down rules of how it had to be done or how everyone should listen to me and only me or they are not smart.
You are not debating anything, you just pretend it’s one way, only your way and nothing else.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Thanks for proving my point about not actually something of substance to offer, except going after me.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Well me and the coach of team USA do not agree and that’s just how it is. When you say you, you mean “you” because we think your wrong.

Umm he isn’t reading this nor is he around and I sure the hell am not trying to make ‘big hockey’ happy, so no I am not appealing to anyone. And yes I told what I think he is doing and it’s all...nope he’s stupid this is how it’s done.....
Sorry but you do not get to over rule anyone and your opinion is just uninformed uneducated internet blah blah
And at no point did I lay down rules of how it had to be done or how everyone should listen to me and only me or they are not smart.
You are not debating anything, you just pretend it’s one way, only your way and nothing else.
The bolded in your first post is literally "an appeal to authority", meaning that instead of offering an independent argument, one cites an "authority" being in agreement with one's own point of view.

If that's all it took to win an argument, this forum, and the world at large, would be a very boring place.

Surely you've disagreed with a coach's or GM's decision at some point. Would it have been a valid argument for me to say "Well, I agree with the coach. You're just some guy on a message board."?

Last edited:

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
The bolded in your first post is literally "an appeal to authority", meaning that instead of offering an independent argument, one cites an "authority" being in agreement with one's own point of view.

If that's all it took to win an argument, this forum, and the world at large, would be a very boring place.

Surely you've disagreed with a coach's or GM's decision at some point. Would it have been a valid argument for me to say "Well, I agree with the coach. You're just some guy on a message board."?

No he said...”you do this”
“If he was smart he would do what I want...”
That’s it, no concern for anything else just black and white blanket generic statement of how it is. Sorry but he is wrong and yes if a professional disagrees with me it is absolutely valid to point to that out.
Never mind he checks score...won game 6-3. Hmmm that coach is so stupid this is how it’s done and you have no clue only me me me.... lol right.

And that’s not how appealing to something works. I don’t care what the coach thinks I am not trying to peak his interest. If he reads this and finds what I say appealing good for him, but to act like I am only saying what I am saying to please ‘the man’ is dishonest. It’s my personal thought and opinion.
It’s like calling a conservative racist so he is ignored and discredited
It’s weak sauce annd you are rolling that logic ‘explaining’ how it is and showing exactly why I called him out on it

Last edited:

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

I don’t think he actually understands what the term means, since he’s doing it while at the same time saying he isn’t. Even in his response to you. Maybe he hasn’t heard it before.

At any rate, the discussion basically turned into “You’re wrong, just because the professional is doing something different than what you’re saying.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->