GDT: Game 6 | Columbus vs. Philadelphia | 10/18 7PM

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I don't have the advanced stats, but my eyeballs tell me that Bjork-Milano-center du jour spent a majority of their time in the Flyers end of ice. And of course Sonny has a goal and drew two tripping calls. These guys need to be more than 6-8 minute guys.
I don't know if it was evident on TV, but Sonny worked his ass off tonight. He deserved that goal at the end.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
When Jones went down I thought it would be good if they maintained a 50-50 pace until his recovery.

So far they have exceeded that.

Agreed, and that’s the bottom line for me. :yo:

Flyers
Corsi: 56, Fenwick: 45, Shots: 35, Scoring Chances: 20, High Danger Chances: 14
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Blue Jackets
Corsi
: 49, Fenwick: 42, Shots: 28, Scoring Chances: 22, High Danger Chances: 8

20182019-20092-all.png

Can they fix defence, please? That crease is like Rodeo drive.

14 high danger chances for Philly? That’s a scary stat to see. It definitely looked that way in person — which is why...
I think Bob was actually pretty damn good tonight! Outside of that 2nd goal he made some saves that could have very easily put us down big early on.

Reactions: Mac DeMarco

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Wasn't our best game. Aside from the 2nd period I didn't think we played well. Defensively mostly (and more of a team defense thing, not just the defenseman). But a win is a win, especially against a divisional opponent. Shoutout to them for starting Pickard.

Werenski is struggling without Jones. I'm not worried about him. I actually think this will help him in the long run. But we need #3 back.

Bob was good. He made big saves. However, the Couturier goal was one of the worst goals I've ever seen an NHL goalie give up, and I think he should have had the Konecny shot too. The wrap around goal was more on Z. Anyway, he had a good night.

The first PK was a disaster and I can't believe they didn't get scored on. The second one was perfect and changed the game IMO.

Cam and Panarin were good. I didn't think any of our centers played well. Glad to see Bjork and Milano get on the board. I thought Anderson was good. Duclair...oh my. Maybe a better bargain signing than Gagner if he keeps it going.

Nuti-Murray is a good pairing.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Man I still dont see the Prov hype. Everytime we play Philly he gets walked ay least once. People say he is better the Z and I cant for the life of me see it.

Another great game for the good guys nice to see a high scoring game. Duclair is a beast and I like how people on the mains were low balling the shit out of Anderson calling him a bottom 6 and hes our leading goal scorer. My wish this year in hockey is for only a mere 20% of non cbj fans on this site can get their heads out of there ass and realize just how hood some of our players are...

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
I was kind of half-watching (busy night at work), but I remember glancing at the game and seeing something like six minutes left and Bjorkstrand and Milano on the ice and being happy about that. Then Bjorkstrand steals the puck and Milano did one of his fancy shots and it was great. Has anyone else noticed how good Bjorkstrand has become at using his stick defensively? The takeaway to set up the Milano goal was a particularly good play, but he's also got a knack for getting into passing lanes and disrupting zone entries with well-timed poke checks. He needs more ice time, is what I'm saying. Milano too.

Also, I said it during the summer and I'm still saying it now: it's time for people to start appreciating how good Josh Anderson is.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I didn't mind the third period - chances all around seemed low. Really they just got killed in the first period - It could have been 5-1 if not for Bob and some posts. The players kept saying they got outcompeted - it looked to me like they got outcompeted right in the high slot, not on the wall. The Flyers were walking right through the middle.

I do think Wennberg had a good game, on the backcheck and in keeping the Flyers chasing with some good puck movement.

Nuti-Murray was our best pairing again. They were decent last year, but it was Nuti leading them. Murray looks like our best defenceman right now.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I feel if you start criticizing Werenski you will be labeled as a hater right away. Ok, not a hater.

But he is below average right now. He clearly struggling in the D zone, it was alaways like that, but 1st year he was a rookie, 2nd year he was a rover/injured, too soon to say about 3rd year. And i said this last year as well, he's no fit for PP, at least for point position, he's too slooow with puck desicion, look how much time he takes to make a pass or shoot. I guess he's good at 5x5? But stats this year says otherwise. So still too soon, he's back from injury and all that.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
You don't think Werenski gets walked?
Everyone gets walked. But I have never watched a game where Prov was the best defender on the ice. He was a guy with so much hype that it seems people just talk based on that. He was the non American and the only CHL guy and people were always trashing the NCAA over the CHL saying CHL was better so they wanted their league. Hannifan has even been better and people are still enthralled with prov for aome reason. Ive seen people say he is better then McAvoy as well. Their excuse has always been if he could play with jones he would look like a god too but Z is doing fine with Savard right now and I honestly think Savard should be on our 3rd pair and cant get there soon enough. Should be Z/Jones, Murray/Nuti, Savard/Kukan. Next year Gavrikov will come in and he and Nuti will be a Pejorative Sluredly awesome 2nd pair. But compare Zs rookie year to Provs and Z obviously better. Compare last years numbers and I think Z was a few points shy but had more goals and played about 40 games with a torn labrum so again you can see whos better.

To be fair though I dont know why I posted that here because Id be surprised if I could mention any player on this team and not have someone have negatives about them and why they are bad, we are bad, the organization is bad. Even after a win we have negatives every where. Im sure theres at least one guy in here that thinks Atkinson had a garbage game and the 2 goals dont matter if you saw everything else...

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Everyone gets walked. But I have never watched a game where Prov was the best defender on the ice. He was a guy with so much hype that it seems people just talk based on that. He was the non American and the only CHL guy and people were always trashing the NCAA over the CHL saying CHL was better so they wanted their league. Hannifan has even been better and people are still enthralled with prov for aome reason. Ive seen people say he is better then McAvoy as well. Their excuse has always been if he could play with jones he would look like a god too but Z is doing fine with Savard right now and I honestly think Savard should be on our 3rd pair and cant get there soon enough. Should be Z/Jones, Murray/Nuti, Savard/Kukan. Next year Gavrikov will come in and he and Nuti will be a ******edly awesome 2nd pair. But compare Zs rookie year to Provs and Z obviously better. Compare last years numbers and I think Z was a few points shy but had more goals and played about 40 games with a torn labrum so again you can see whos better.

To be fair though I dont know why I posted that here because Id be surprised if I could mention any player on this team and not have someone have negatives about them and why they are bad, we are bad, the organization is bad. Even after a win we have negatives every where. Im sure theres at least one guy in here that thinks Atkinson had a garbage game and the 2 goals dont matter if you saw everything else...

I've seen games where Provorov was the best D on the ice. I gather it happens often.

Reactions: Cowumbus

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I feel if you start criticizing Werenski you will be labeled as a hater right away. Ok, not a hater.

But he is below average right now. He clearly struggling in the D zone, it was alaways like that, but 1st year he was a rookie, 2nd year he was a rover/injured, too soon to say about 3rd year. And i said this last year as well, he's no fit for PP, at least for point position, he's too slooow with puck desicion, look how much time he takes to make a pass or shoot. I guess he's good at 5x5? But stats this year says otherwise. So still too soon, he's back from injury and all that.

I hope his minutes get cut to 19-20 a night. He needs to learn how to play with a little more jump and intensity before he learns how to be the calm 25 minute a night guy.

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
...if it has not already been mentioned, the white letters and numbers look horrible on the 3rd jerseys. They used to be the same cream (??) color as on the shoulders.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Everyone gets walked. But I have never watched a game where Prov was the best defender on the ice. He was a guy with so much hype that it seems people just talk based on that. He was the non American and the only CHL guy and people were always trashing the NCAA over the CHL saying CHL was better so they wanted their league. Hannifan has even been better and people are still enthralled with prov for aome reason. Ive seen people say he is better then McAvoy as well. Their excuse has always been if he could play with jones he would look like a god too but Z is doing fine with Savard right now and I honestly think Savard should be on our 3rd pair and cant get there soon enough. Should be Z/Jones, Murray/Nuti, Savard/Kukan. Next year Gavrikov will come in and he and Nuti will be a ******edly awesome 2nd pair. But compare Zs rookie year to Provs and Z obviously better. Compare last years numbers and I think Z was a few points shy but had more goals and played about 40 games with a torn labrum so again you can see whos better.

Provorov is pretty damn good in my book...

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Provorov is pretty damn good in my book...
Is he better then Z, McAvoy, Slavin, Sergachev, etc because I read that stuff everywhere. He is a decent offensive guy that gets blown by a few times a game minimum. He is clearly a top 90D in the league but if you are going to compare him to Jones its a delusion.

Its just funny to see so much self hate around this section these days that its like Bread is a boarderline 3rd liner these days hes about in line with the avs matty calvert in skill. Should have kept Calvert over cam is what I assume nost of the guys around here are thinking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad