Game 6: Columbus Vs Dallas| 7:00pm EST FSO|

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
if this team is going to win that is exactly the blue print. Lot of 2-1, 3-1, or 3-2 games. need the goalies to play well, need the D in front of them not to give up so many odd many rushes and need the offense to score a couple timely goals.

Bob played very well, but more importantly in my mind was the guys in front of him (defensively) played very well.
Like I said last game I like the way RyJo is playing and I think Prospal is a big reason why. Prospal is the closest thing we have to a playmaker so he helps RyJo get in good spots.

Again great effort by the guys. That is the blue print for winning, again I don't think we have the horses (in goal or offensively) to be good team this year, but if we keep playing like that we will be that "hard to play against team" that will have a chance every night, and with 3 1st round picks we'll have plenty of bullets to get better.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Somehow 2-3-1 is sooo much better than 1-4-1!!

And josh, I like you're new approach to the GDT, sort of Readers Digest crossed with Mystery Science 3000.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
And josh, I like you're new approach to the GDT, sort of Readers Digest

The font you can read from the other side of the room? I laughed a bit, I'm not sure if the under 30 crowd even knows what Readers Digest is.

At any rate, Johansen is really coming into his own. Props to Brassard for not being a moron tonight. Shame on you JMFJ and Wiz. You both are generating crap. Whoever is coaching the PP needs the "Power Play for Idiots" thrilling page turner.

Overall, as I said earlier in the thread, we are playing pretty good at home. We haven't laid an egg for our fans yet. I'll take the ass beatings on the road, for a while, if we can play like this at every home game.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but I thought Brass played better last night. Not eye-popping better, but baby steps better.

I hope that translates into upward trajectory for him, because we need him to be much, much better.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but I thought Brass played better last night. Not eye-popping better, but baby steps better.

I hope that translates into upward trajectory for him, because we need him to be much, much better.

He shot the puck, so did Calvert. I think sometimes these guys do everything but shoot. I agree Brassard looked better last night.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
@ClassicGuys "Last night, Vinny Prospal, who will turn 38 years old on February 17, became the oldest player ever to score a GWG for the @BlueJacketsNHL"

@ClassicGuys "He's four weeks older than Sergei Fedorov was when he tallied the deciding goal for Columbus in a 2-1 win vs. the Sharks on Oct. 27, 2007."

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Once the Jackets decided to get the crowd involved in the game, it felt more like a real game than a glorifed intra-squad scrimmage. It felt like Monday night at the Morgue for about the first half of the game. The first period was hard to watch and stay awake. Half the second period was dreadful, but the Jackets really carried the play for the last half of the game.

Ryan Johansen is looking as advertised. The comparisons to Joe Thornton are becoming fairly obvious to me. They skate alike, hard to get off the puck. Not drawing the comparison on scoring at this point, but remember that Thornton struggled to "get it" at first. Joey is legit.

I've come to the realization that this lineup without Atkinson has only two top six caliber offensive players (Johansen and Anisimov). This team is going to have to win ugly. If they bust their tails, work hard, stick up for themselves (good on ya Nikitin) and compete night in and night out, I could deal with losing. I know that the organization is finally progressing toward something good.

Natty0415

Jan 23, 2013
cant tell if I want the jackets to lose or win, I mean this franchise needs our next Rick Nash which is Mackinnon but I dont know if we are out of the race yet.

I have a hard time believing that a single player will make any difference here. Hell we weren't winning when we had THE Rick Nash, why would we want another. I hardly think we are in a position to worry about a the draft 6 games in.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
But how many of the over 60 crowd knows Mystery Science Theater 3000?

Don't know, but I am surprised on how many of the other 60 crowd knows Google, email, Skype, and Facebook. They might have ran into MST3000 on Netflix/Amazon Prime. Prime has like a ton of MST3000 stuff for free streaming.

Oh and go Jackets.

CBJSprague24

"Scoreboard, son."
Oct 11, 2007
52mi from the Nat
Can somebody give me a rundown of what happened at the end of the game between Jamie Benn and Nikitin? I heard Tyutin got roughed up and Big Vodka stepped in to deliver justice.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Benn cross-checked Tyutin head first into the corner boards (Tyutin luckily turned toward the ice to avoid injury) and Nikitin stood up for his d-partner. There was a scrum with about 4 seconds left and because Benn was assessed the original penalty, the faceoff came down to the Dallas end, effectively ending the game. Benn was thoroughly frustrated by the end of the game and took it out on Toots. Nikitin stepped up and was willing to scrap with Benn.

It has been good to see the Jackets sticking up for each other and not taking **** from other teams. That will be put to the test on Thursday by the Blues, as they bring their merry brand of shenanigans to town.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@Aportzline: No discipline for #Stars F Jamie Benn for hit on #CBJ D Fedor Tyutin in closing seconds of Monday's game.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad