Game 6: Columbus Vs Dallas| 7:00pm EST FSO|

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I'll be man and admit that Dorsett had a good game tonight.

Johansen looks like Nash trying to stick handle around 2 guys and not lose the puck. He needs someone to pass to. Looks more comfortable out there each night. He needs to pot a goal and I think they'll start coming to him.

Jack Johnson was hustling every shift. He looked like he did last season.

Dubinsky had a nice lay down block and got some good TOI.

Umberger was in my opinion our worst forward out there tonight. He wasn't terrible but had trouble corralling the puck. In the 3rd he committed a turnover by letting a pass go right off his skate and into the high slot. He hustles but man I'm looking for much better from him.

Tyutin and Nikitin did a real good job keeping the shots down especially from Benn, Jagr, and Whitney.

Gotta score on a few of those powerplays, especially that 5-on-3. You don't win many games without capitalizing on some of those chances.

Last edited:

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'll be man and admit that Dorsett had a good game tonight.

Johansen looks like Nash trying to stick handle around 2 guys and not lose the puck. He needs someone to pass to. Looks more comfortable out there each night. He needs to pot a goal and I think they'll start coming to him.

Jack Johnson was hustling every shift. He looked like he did last season.

Dubinsky had a nice lay down block and got some good TOI.

Umberger was in my opinion our worst forward out there tonight. He wasn't terrible but had trouble corralling the puck. In the 3rd he committed a turnover by letting a pass go right off his stick and into the high slot. He hustles but man I'm looking for much better from him.

Tyutin and Nikitin did a real good job keeping the shots down especially from Benn, Jagr, and Whitney.

Gotta score on a few of those powerplays, especially that 5-on-3. You don't win many games without capitalizing on some of those chances.

I'll agree with everything said here - even the fact that Dorsett played well tonight. Jackets are horrible (so far) at skating into passing lanes without the puck.

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
Good game by Bob tonight. Joey is becoming one of our best players on the ice. I'm really liking the Nash trade. The Jackets are more of a team now.

Did everyone see Bob applaud and thank the crowd as he skated off. Nice touch.

Last edited:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I really enjoyed this game and watching this team. Not the most talented bunch. But they played with heart and soul and wound up with a win.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Celebrated a milestone bday at the arena tonight. How nice of the boys to get a win, too! They played on fire the last two periods.

CBJSprague24

"Scoreboard, son."
Oct 11, 2007
52mi from the Nat
Had a sleep study done last night into today and kept going to the game as a possibility, until I realized it wasn't going to happen at like 4pm when I had no energy. Then I took a nap at 6:30pm which was supposed to be 40 minutes but lasted four hours, so I missed the game in its entirety.

Pissed that I missed this one, but it's good to see a win, a skilled-looking goal from Dorsett, and Vinny channeling the Rick Nash Impossible Angle Goal talent.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Noone had a bad game tonight.

RJ is looking a little better, definitely threatened with the puck tonight more than in the past.

Anisimov looked like a Selke candidate tonight. Incredible two way play.

Johansen is going to score a lot goals in his career.

Bob was very solid. Sorry Mase, you played well Sat night, but Bob has been very good in all but one game.

Dorse of course scored, and no stupid penalties.

The whole defense looked really good. Moore needs more minutes, but you can't really take time away from the top 4 when they play like this.

The bad:

the PP. Its been good at times this year, but Dallas shut us down.

Ceff Jarter

Registered Duster
Aug 6, 2012
Yes I did see Bob acknowledge the crowd. Prospal has always done this as well. I wish the whole team would do it, i really think it'd resonate well with the fans after a big home win.

Letestu was great on the pk. He is faster than I thought.

Heck, that whole 4th line really did its job and even created a few scoring chances. Richards acknowledged this after the game.

Umberger was awful. I even heard someone yell "get in the game RJ" from all the way across the arena. It still rubs me the wrong way that he did not play overseas during the lockout, especially after he had a down year.

Ryan Johansen is really developing well. We are going to rely heavily on his skill for gaining the zone. Along those same lines, I think Brassard is also critical to this team right now. No one is better at holding the puck and finding a trailer. Anisimov is the closest, but its still not even that close.

Colton Gillies is also a very capable forward on this team and is way more skilled than he gets credit for.

Foligno had a quiet game but I am still a huge fan.

As for the Defense

Tyutin and Nikitin definitely did their job. Nothing spectacular, and minus a few no look passes from Nikitin, no glaring errors either.

JJ and Wiz played okay. They are really struggling on the PP compared to their potential, but this is to be expected in a shortened season. I'd like to see them move the puck a little quicker and not do so many stick handles and head fakes ;)

Moore was the bright spot for me. I can't count how many times he bailed us out with a calm and collected outlet pass to a forward.

I'm excited that I got to see a legend like Jagr play in person. He was inches away from a highlight reel goal in the second

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Noone had a bad game tonight.

RJ is looking a little better, definitely threatened with the puck tonight more than in the past.

Anisimov looked like a Selke candidate tonight. Incredible two way play.

Johansen is going to score a lot goals in his career.

Bob was very solid. Sorry Mase, you played well Sat night, but Bob has been very good in all but one game.

Dorse of course scored, and no stupid penalties.

The whole defense looked really good. Moore needs more minutes, but you can't really take time away from the top 4 when they play like this.

The bad:

the PP. Its been good at times this year, but Dallas shut us down.

What do Herman's Hermits have to do with this game? :D

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Moore was the bright spot for me. I can't count how many times he bailed us out with a calm and collected outlet pass to a forward.

Moore abused Brendan Morrow in the corner. :amazed:

I'm seriously impressed, but like I said, he can't move up, we're that deep now on defense. Feels damn good.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Moore abused Brendan Morrow in the corner. :amazed:

I'm seriously impressed, but like I said, he can't move up, we're that deep now on defense. Feels damn good.

I saw he lead all players in TOI in the 1st period.

I know it's cliche'd and everything but I'll be the 100th person or so to say it... this team plays differently in front of Bob than they do Mason.

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio

I know it's cliche'd and everything but I'll be the 100th person or so to say it... this team plays differently in front of Bob than they do Mason.

Yep, then he just disappeared on the bench for whatever reason. Finished the night last in TOI for dmen at 10:53. Aucoin at 13+ TOI.

I need to see more of both (Mason and Bob) before I'll agree. They played damn well Saturday night in front of Mason, but I will call Phoenix the worst team performance of the year, and by a healthy margin. Saturday was a big game for Mason and the team, I was smiling on my way out of the arena, despite the loss. Just to see them show the game they took to Nashville on opening night again.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Oh without a doubt. They actually feel confident if they mess up that the goalie will make a save, and that leads them taking more chances. But that also means if they get bailed out they believe they owe him one, and thus try harder.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
I don't know if I get the power play set up. Maybe someone can explain why it is a good idea to have Johansen standing still in the middle of the ice where he does? The power play set up to me seems terribly designed and lacks creativity. I could have sworn that when the finally stuck Johansen down at the goalie on the backside that he there was a clear passing lane a few times where the D could have sent it to Johansen for a one timer ala Malkin style.

Good game though tonight don't really have anything bad to say about the players other than Umberger was awful as usual and Johansen is awesome with the puck. TW will eat his words about Johansen.

Last edited:

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
So I just finished watching the game and I took notes!

I have decided to participate in the GDT... seven hours after the fact!

Was Rimer's goatee always white? He looks like a completely different person.

I expected a much worse turnout for the first Monday home game. Pleasantly surprising.

We are a very poor passing team right now. Hopefully that's lockout-related rust.

Colton Gillies, ladies and gentlemen

Drink every time Rimer gets the Benn brothers mixed up. DO NOT OPERATE HEAVY MACHINERY WHILE PLAYING THE BENN BROTHER DRINKING GAME

That was textbook Delay Of Game. Don't be a homer.

I like Bob a little more every day :)

Anisimov is allegedly a streaky scorer, but even if that's true I really like his two-way game.

The Stars are even worse at passing than we are!

Power Play? Putrid Play. Pitiful Play. Pathetic Play.

I felt the breeze from Wiz's fan all the way here on Guam

Stupid Lehtonen.

Lame redirect. YOU'RE STILL ON THE CASE BOBROVSKY

Had a couple 3 on 2s where CBJ advanced SO SLOWLY the other three Stars players were able to catch up. Annoying.

In regards to the high sticking call, hockey is probably the only profession where people go "Oh boy, I really hope I'm bleeding!"

I bet the Stars board went bonkers over all these penalties.

God help me if we don't score on this ultra mega Power Play (With bonus 5 on 3!)

Richards during the timeout: "Hey you know how you guys always lose possesion in the slot and never corral rebounds? STOP DOING THAT"

Stupid Lehtonen.

When they clear on a 5 on 3 and you're skating down the ice to go get it, YOU MOVE YOUR ASS. I don't dig this lack of hustle.

Stupid Lehtonen.

That PP gave me cancer.

DEREK DORSETT = ROCKET RICHARD

Jagr's still got it!

Nikitin's complete lack of facial expressions is hilarious to me. He's like Keanu Reeves.

ATTA BOY! What an angle! With Rick Nash gone we have to have somebody score from there ;)

Jackets are pretty dominant right now

PING

When was the last time a CBJ/DAL game had no fighting majors?

I have lost the Benn brother drinking game.

Lehtonen had a great night you gotta give him credit. But CBJ always makes goalies look good.

Poor Toots. Good for Nikitin.

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
Sure seemed like we had at least 12K there.

When they're on national tv they tend to move people down. I was at a game (Minnesota?) in 2010 that was on Versus and attendance was 14,000 but they did the same thing and on tv it looked like a sellout

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I wouldn't have given the Jackets a snowball's chance after the first period. The PP was dreadful. Wizniewski played like he was drunk in the first period. He appeared to sober as the game went on.

I found the "energy line" of Boll, Letestu and Gillies to be effective all game. They took the body and created a few chances as well.

Overall, the defense played well. Wiz gave up the puck once or twice in period 1 which created odd-man chances, but I don't recall an odd-man rush in the last 2 periods.

Johansen has really progressed nicely. He's learning how to use his size to protect the puck very well. His screen allowed Prospal's impossible angle shot to score. His decision making wrt passing and shooting seems quite good.

Richards has got to quit the self esteem building nonsense with Umberger and Brassard on the first power play units. They don't belong there. Asinimov, Foligno and Johansen are much more deserving of the time and the former two aren't doing anything to justify being there.

Building looked to be less than half full, but the crowd grew reasonably responsive as the game progressed.

The team really misses Atkinson. His speed and finishing ability gives the team an explosive element which they otherwise lack.

If the Jackets are to be a .500 team, then they're going to have to play as defensively responsibly as they did tonight and certainly not get as badly outplayed as they did in period 1. They dodged a bullet by only trailing this game by one goal given how poorly they started and how incompetent the PP was.

Oh, and Umgarbage should be ashamed to cash his check after his floating, disinterested performance. He plays a game more suited to an ice capade rather than a 6'2" 220 lbs. athlete. Does this guy ever win a battle for a puck? Does he care if he does? Sure doesn't look like it. Amnesty buyout, Mr. D.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
RJ is looking better. He needs to expand on his patented "carry the puck into the zone, go wide, throw softly kinda on net or maybe not" move, but he played much more engaged last night. He's never been especially good along the boards and I don't know why, but his positioning was much better. And he definitely prevented Morrow froom shooting on the open net preventing a second goal.

Foligno's play in the final minute maybe, where he's controlling the puck in the corner, cycling with himself and trying to pin the puck on the board. That's a pro play, time winding down, keeps the play in the other end and their goalie on the ice. The team's play wasn't dazzling, but there was much more "pro play" IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->