Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

upload_2019-10-14_2-1-59.png

upload_2019-10-14_2-7-22.png

Today's Officials

EF27.jpg
KN30.jpg

Referees Eric Furlatt (27), Kendrick Nicholson (30)
Linesmen Matt MacPherson (83), Pierre Racicot (65)

bartender-850x478.jpg

Ntl. Anthem Todd Angilly

upload_2019-10-14_2-15-38.png

upload_2019-10-14_2-16-7.png

upload_2019-10-14_2-16-42.png

upload_2019-10-14_2-17-24.png

upload_2019-10-14_2-17-50.png

upload_2019-10-14_2-18-49.png

TODAY’S GAME - The Bruins host the Ducks today in the 1st of 2 games between these teams this season and the Ducks’ lone visit of the season to TD Garden … The Bruins are 4-1-0 thus far this season & are 1-0-0 on home ice … They are 2-0-0 vs. Pacific Division teams & are 3-1-0 vs. Western Conference opponents overall. - The Bruins are playing game 2 today of a 3-game home stand (1-0-0) … They will conclude the stand with TB on 10/17 before playing in TOR on 19. - The Bruins are playing today their 1st of 10 afternoon games on their schedule this season.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Tuukka Rask is 2 games short of his 500th NHL game. - Bruce Cassidy is 4 games shy of coaching his 200th game behind the Boston bench. - Patrice Bergeron is 5 assists short of his 500th NHL assist. - David Krejci is 6 goals short of his 200th NHL goal. - Charlie Coyle is 7 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal. - Jaroslav Halak is 9 games short of his 500th NHL game. - David Pastrnak is 10 points short of his 300th NHL point. - Torey Krug is 10 points shy of his 300th NHL point.

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2019-20: 9) - John Moore: Shoulder (LTIR) - Note – Kevin Miller & Anton Blidh are listed as injured non-roster players

BOSTON vs ANAHEIM, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Ducks are meeting for the 37th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 15-18-2-1 record and the Ducks holding a 102-91 scoring edge in those games. - The Bruins are 8-10-0-0 lifetime in home games vs. the Ducks with Anaheim having a 55-48 scoring advantage in those 18 contests. - The Bruins have won their last 2 games vs. the Ducks following an 0-8-1 winless stretch … They are 2-3-1 in their last 6 games vs. Anaheim in Boston. - The Ducks are 1 of just 2 opponents (MIN) that have a lifetime winning record in Boston & are 1 of 4 (DET, MIN, MTL) with a winning record overall vs. the Bruins … Brothers Brett (BOS) & Nick (ANA) Ritchie are facing each other in a game today for the 8th time in their NHL careers … Brett (w/DAL) holds a 4-3 advantage in the previous 7 meetings.

:bruins:ducks

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Thanks Fenway and I'm assuming Alicat for the great GDT as always.

I see this as the start of a really important little stretch for the Bruins. The Ducks have started the season pretty well and seem to have it more together than they did last year, and they'll bring a solid compact game to the Garden. Will be a tougher challenge than the Devils.

Then it's Tampa, the Leafs twice and the Blues. We're about to find out where the Bs are really at and how they'll cope when the stakes and hype are raised. Winning is a habit, so let's nab this one then push on to the bigger games ahead.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I have never taken the Ducks seriously - it goes back to their FIRST game

I have to admit that the very existence of the Mighty Ducks took some of the shine off the NHL for me. I took the NHL VERY seriously, and this amounted to a sacrilege for me. I couldn’t (and still can’t) believe that the NHL could ever allow that stupid name and those stupid uniforms to tarnish the NHL I held in such reverence. Founding a professional hockey team on the inspiration of a kids movie??? Come on. Wayne Gretzky was wrong - Anaheim is the Mickey Mouse operation.

Little did I know what was to follow.

The gimmicks, craptastic uniforms, and especially the Dead Puck Era all tested my love of the NHL in the 1990s and early 2000s. If the NHL ever contracts, I hope Anaheim is the first to go.

Every time the Bruins play the Mighty Ducks I always hope for an absolutely crushing victory.

Reactions: BMC and Chief Nine

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Be....our....guest
Be our guest
We'll put Gibson to the test
Ice your mediocre roster my friends
and we'll provide the rest

Old and green,
Don't move your feet
We'll light the lamp
We can't be beat

Two for spearing
Marchand is outrageous
Short hand goal
For us it's advantageous

We have style
We have flair
Getzlaf is
Still losing his hair

Our D's the best
Rask handles the rest
It's not fair, but thats the test

We can hit, we can score
But we're not done,
Have some more!

Bruins hockey is never second beeeest

Go on and show your skills
We'll give our fans some thrills
Another Pasta one-timer goal

Be our guest, be our guest
Be our gueeeeeeest

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Does anyone in the world still have Columbus day off other than schools and courts?

Electricians Local 103
Plumbers Local 12
Pipefitters Local 537
Operating Engineers Local 4
Laborers Local 22
Carpenters Local 33
Elevator Constructors Local 4

All on my job, and we all have the day off.

We also get Veterans Day, Presidents Day, and Patriots Day, too.

Go Bruins!

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Loved Mighty Ducks.

I used to play as them in NHL 94 with Guy Hebert between the pipes.

I got the Eggplant and Jade jersey for Christmas of 94. Wore it to a B’s/Flyers game at the old garden.

Was glad they brought back the fauxback last year for the anniversary despite them not going full retro.

I didn’t like how Burke sucked some of the uniqueness out of the franchise. However, he’s the same guy who got rid of Brass Bonanza in Hartford.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Am I the only one who didn't care for those Ducks movies? I dunno. Even as a kid, I was "mehhh" about them. Haven't seen any of them since the 90's.

Emilio Estavez directed a pretty good movie not too long ago called The Public though. I honestly think it's the first time i've seen him on screen in decades.

Anyway, go Bruins. This ain't the same Ducks team of years past. I'd like to think Boston can get a good win here

Reactions: lopey

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Well luckily I have YouTubeTV and can watch the game while I'm at work.

Lets hope we can get some production from the 2nd or 3rd line today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad