Post-Game Talk: GAME #59: Predators at Flyers | OTL 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well even w/ these last two loses the Preds have actually been good this month. They have won 8 games and lost 3 (1 being in this SO).

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I'm somewhat glad we're slumping now. Seems like Preds of year's past started slumping in late march. Let's get it out of the way early.

Agreed, if there is a good time to slump it is now. The key is to be playing good inspired hockey going into the playoffs with some momentum.

That being said it's still dangerous to slump to hard because the penalty for that is the Chicago Blackhawks.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I'm somewhat glad we're slumping now. Seems like Preds of year's past started slumping in late march. Let's get it out of the way early.

Yeah, that is exactly what I am trying to tell myself right now.

We really haven't had a real slump all season long- the 1-2-2 stretch after Rinne's injury is about it...

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Nice to know some things don't change - 44 still marshmallow soft. Need to get Elly back, not cause Barts was so bad, or even cause Ek handles the puck like it's a live grenade, but we need someone besides Webs that will play the body on the blueline.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Agreed, if there is a good time to slump it is now. The key is to be playing good inspired hockey going into the playoffs with some momentum.

That being said it's still dangerous to slump to hard because the penalty for that is the Chicago Blackhawks.

I will feel a lot better about things if we could get some help from the Penguins tonight- we could still be 5 points up on STL after tonight- probably wishful thinking though with the way PIT is playing.

And for what its worth the Blackhawks are playing worse than us right now- a 4-1 home loss to Colorado is much worse than a shootout road loss to Philly.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
I think that's the second time Franson and Santorelli have skated since the trade. They've had one practice with the team. Franson, along with every other defensemen, made a couple mistakes but he looked pretty good. Once he gets settled in he'll loosen up. Santorelli looked as advertised. Heart and soul type of player. He has speed and never gives up on the play. Both make us better in the long run.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I think that's the second time Franson and Santorelli have skated since the trade. They've had one practice with the team. Franson, along with every other defensemen, made a couple mistakes but he looked pretty good. Once he gets settled in he'll loosen up. Santorelli looked as advertised. Heart and soul type of player. He has speed and never gives up on the play. Both make us better in the long run.

Exactly this was the issue with both of them today. Yesterday was the first time they touched ice since last Saturday and they did look a little rusty.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I'm going to the Buffalo game tomorrow I'm either going to celebrate a win or im going to fight a Sabres fan. I want to see the PREDS help Buffalo get McDavid.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I'm going to the Buffalo game tomorrow I'm either going to celebrate a win or im going to fight a Sabres fan. I want to see the PREDS help Buffalo get McDavid.

Have fun! I always wanted to check out their place. This would be a great season to do it. The fans can't be taking the team too seriously at this point..

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I have headaches--pretty strong ones at times. They seem to be related to air pressure--I'm not dying from them or anything. If we're playing a game on those days, I don't expect a win. I think maybe the team is on my biorhythm or something. ;-) If I can get it to go away by gametime, we might have a shot. Early games are the worst. Don't have enough time for my meds cocktail to work. I had gotten it to a dull throb by the third period but 12 o'clock starts just don't work for me! Sorry! I took a couple of Extra Strength Excedrins and everything.

Seriously, that was a terrible game. I expect better.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I have headaches--pretty strong ones at times. They seem to be related to air pressure--I'm not dying from them or anything. If we're playing a game on those days, I don't expect a win. I think maybe the team is on my biorhythm or something. ;-) If I can get it to go away by gametime, we might have a shot. Early games are the worst. Don't have enough time for my meds cocktail to work. I had gotten it to a dull throb by the third period but 12 o'clock starts just don't work for me! Sorry! I took a couple of Extra Strength Excedrins and everything.

Seriously, that was a terrible game. I expect better.

Woke up with a migraine myself today. Fortunately I was able to get rid of it with my migraine meds several hours before the game.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I will feel a lot better about things if we could get some help from the Penguins tonight- we could still be 5 points up on STL after tonight- probably wishful thinking though with the way PIT is playing.

And for what its worth the Blackhawks are playing worse than us right now- a 4-1 home loss to Colorado is much worse than a shootout road loss to Philly.

Thank you Penguins! Even after 2 bad performances, we are up 5 on STL and 10 on CHI- and face Buffalo next.....

Things could be worse......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad