GDT: Game 59 | CBJ @ Montreal | 2/19 7:30 PM

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Bjork, Pld , and the list grows . You don’t need offense to win games . Just check boys , and we will put Wennberg out there to mount the comeback :help:
And what did Bjorkstrand do to deserve that? Nothing that I saw...

This team is bottom 5 without Panarin if Torts is at the helm. Might as well not even have any players under 27 if they won’t get ice time.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
he can't guard 2 guys...obviously no communication that Tatar was behind him...
He was a CM away from Tatar, he knew he was there. And to say he was guarding 2 guys is laughable he was no where close to the Montreal player on the near post

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Torts came in and brought the team to a respectable level. For that I’m extremely thankful. He did a great job.

But for about a year now at least, the team seems stagnant.. if not regressing.

I feel the itch for a new voice. To start: Maybe someone who “teaches offense” or “game plans against other teams” ?

I’m not saying right this second is the time... just that the thought seems more plausible the longer the team plays inconsistently

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The guy who stopped an empty net 2 on 1 and was one of few who cared tonight gets a pass from me.
Jackets probably get at least a point if he has any awareness and makes that easy defensive play at the end. Blowing that and being at fault there doesn’t just mean he gets a pass.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Is Cam playing tonight?

Yes, terribly. Not moving his feet.

Looks like PLD is becoming Torts new whipping boy . 1 minute and some change in the 3rd period . We deserve to lose . Sell and get rid of Torts

PLD had nothing tonight, nothing. Torts is watching more closely than you are.

That was just an all around **** game for everyone not named Anderson or Robinson

It was a **** your pants game for everyone not named Anderson or Robinson. I'm wondering if it literally was, they played like they were ill.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Jackets probably get at least a point if he has any awareness and makes that easy defensive play at the end. Blowing that and being at fault there doesn’t just mean he gets a pass.

He had two guys to cover. What "easy play" are you talking about? Have you played a game in your life? Like any sport?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He was a CM away from Tatar, he knew he was there. And to say he was guarding 2 guys is laughable he was no where close to the Montreal player on the near post

Wait you think Jones should have gone over to Tatar? You realize that's not text book D right? (I know you don't because you rarely have any clue).

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
O
Yes, terribly. Not moving his feet.

PLD had nothing tonight, nothing. Torts is watching more closely than you are.

It was a **** your pants game for everyone not named Anderson or Robinson. I'm wondering if it literally was, they played like they were ill.

Probably getting hard to play for a coach they don’t respect . The double standards he employs are flat out comical

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Canadiens didn't look too good to me. Their pp sucks and they miss 2 empty nets to keep the Jackets alive. And yet the Jackets lost. Ugh.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Bjork, Pld , and the list grows . You don’t need offense to win games . Just check boys , and we will put Wennberg out there to mount the comeback :help:
I have to believe PLD was ill. He certainly struggled. But my gosh, Cam was worthless aside from PK and should have taken a seat next to him.......Now as to Wennberg, I'm sure what kept him from scoring was him not taking a single shot. :sarcasm:

Reactions: majormajor

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
The team looked sluggish all-around. If Panarin really has the flu, maybe more guys weren't feeling 100%.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Torts came in and brought the team to a respectable level. For that I’m extremely thankful. He did a great job.

I feel the itch for a new voice. To start: Maybe someone who “teaches offense” or “game plans against other teams” ?

I’m not saying right this second is the time... just that the thought seems more plausible the longer the team plays inconsistently

I'm right there with you. For the team to get to the next level I think they need a new coach, hopefully someone who can make adjustments.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Preview of PLD without Bread. Yeah...
Maybe. For a center he's not a great puckcarrier into the zone, but Bread handles those duties which serves to motor that line. Whoever replaces Bread will need that puck carrying skill to help PLD thrive.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018

If they fail to advance to PO then I think theres a significant chance that Torts will never coach in the NHL again. Given his age etc I mean.

For the rest: Sadifer is sad :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->