Post-Game Talk: GAME #59: Canucks 4 @ Kings 3 (S/O): In your face, Willie!

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
It’s impossible to lie about a fact. When Gillis got fired Horvat was in the OHL, Markstrom was in the AHL, and Hutton was in the NCAA. Look it up for yourself. All 3 of them could’ve possibly never become NHL regulars at that point.
No, you move goal posts to justify a lie, period. Your statement was "Gillis left a rotten core". THE FACT is Gillis left our top 3 D, our 2nd C and our number one goalie, besides a number of pieces Benning turn into complete crap. By the way, you can google search and see that Markstrom played 16 games in the NHL in that year and had FORTY THREE games in the NHL at the time of the trade. Just one example to clarify how low you are.

By the way, I assume Tryamkin, who you use as a big example of a big win for Benning, must be ignored, right? How about Juolevi? Hughes? If benning gets fired, they are not Bennings' pieces, right? They can't be, according to your reasoning.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
No, you move goal posts to justify a lie, period. Your statement was "Gillis left a rotten core". THE FACT is Gillis left our top 3 D, our 2nd C and our number one goalie, besides a number of pieces Benning turn into complete crap. By the way, you can google search and see that Markstrom played 16 games in the NHL in that year and had FORTY THREE games in the NHL at the time of the trade. Just one example to clarify how low you are.

By the way, I assume Tryamkin, who you use as a big example of a big win for Benning, must be ignored, right? How about Juolevi? Hughes? If benning gets fired, they are not Bennings' pieces, right? They can't be, according to your reasoning.
Accept Bennings not been fired, and youll be singing a diffy tune when Hughes and Woo are here

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017

This is hilarious. If Markstrom was a #1 goalie when Gillis left then why did he clear waivers?

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Fine..how about they have the same points as the other times they finished bottom 5/6? That make you happy? They are ahead of last year’s pace. A continued stretch like the last 6-8 games will close that gap. They could be like 4 points out of last in the conference after tonight.

But for ****s and giggles...57 points on this day last year places them bottom 4 in the conference and I believe 11 points out of the final wild card spot. All but the Oilers, Canucks, Yotes and Hawks had 65+ points. The Wild held the 8th spot with 68 points.

Realized I never replied. I guess I took issue with the "worse than last year" bit. But thanks for taking the time on those stats, makes your point pretty well tbh.

Reactions: tantalum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->