Post-Game Talk: GAME #59: Canucks 4 @ Kings 3 (S/O): In your face, Willie!

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
2taobSS.jpg

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I honestly hope the boys come out with pride for this one, win or lose. Yesterday was an embarrassing effort, and I hope the boys come out on fire, as they should.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
If Goldobin doesn't make it back into the lineup tonight he'll never get back in the lineup. If he does I just know that Green will remove MacEwen instead of one of the completely useless trio of Granlund, Eriksson and Motte.

Is Markstrom sore today? Do we get to see the new guy? Does LA close the gap to 4 points on the canucks (Kings two games in hand).

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Is Markstrom sore today? Do we get to see the new guy? Does LA close the gap to 4 points on the canucks (Kings two games in hand).

Seems like everyone has games on hand on us yet we seem to be playing at least every other day. I haven't looked ahead at the schedule (I don't do that anymore) but there must be a point were teams start catching up to us in games played; and with the way we're playing right now I think we're going to sink like a stone soon. Which is fine by me... a decently/surprisingly entertaining season plus a top 5 pick would be the best of both worlds.

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Seems like everyone has games on hand on us yet we seem to be playing at least every other day. I haven't looked ahead at the schedule (I don't do that anymore) but there must be a point were teams start catching up to us in games played; and with the way we're playing right now I think we're going to sink like a stone soon. Which is fine by me... a decently/surprisingly entertaining season plus a top 5 pick would be the best of both worlds.

If things go completely wrong (right?) way tonight both the Hawks and Yotes will pass the canucks (same points but less games).

They are now tied for 21st in PT% with Colorado, Arizona and Florida. The bottom 5 isn't that far away at all.

Reactions: lindgren

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I honestly hope the boys come out with pride for this one, win or lose. Yesterday was an embarrassing effort, and I hope the boys come out on fire, as they should.

Dont know if we have different definition of effort but i thought effort was the least of their worry yesterday.

Result was ambarrassing but they controlled the game and had 30+ shots....stood up for each other...ans battled had. Effort was impressive .

There just isnt enough skill on the team and it lacks playmakers.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
If things go completely wrong (right?) way tonight both the Hawks and Yotes will pass the canucks (same points but less games).

They are now tied for 21st in PT% with Colorado, Arizona and Florida. The bottom 5 isn't that far away at all.

Last place isn't too far away
Closer to it everyday
No matter what the coach says
I know we're gonna find a way...

I'll just see myself out.....

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
The effort was there last night, just couldn't finish our chances, we thought too much before took a shot

Now I didn't watch the third but from everything I read I'd argue that the effort really wasn't there. They had chances but didn't generate nearly enough of them. They may have been better than the Ducks but it doesn't seem like a game you put in the good effort column.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I think unless Getzlaf and Silfverberg are traded from Anaheim to Los Angeles today we might see a goal or two.

Play Goldobin. Have him whisper to Kovalchuk on faceoffs how much better Vancouver is without Desjardins. Children singing and warmth returning to the city and old ladies not afraid to walk alone at night and all that. Recruit him and all the Russians. Then I don't care if we embarrass ourselves this game if the long term game looks stronger.

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
I think unless Getzlaf and Silfverberg are traded from Anaheim to Los Angeles today we might see a goal or two.

Play Goldobin. Have him whisper to Kovalchuk on faceoffs how much better Vancouver is without Desjardins. Children singing and warmth returning to the city and old ladies not afraid to walk alone at night and all that. Recruit him and all the Russians. Then I don't care if we embarrass ourselves this game if the long term game looks stronger.
Why would we take Kovalchuks 6.5 million dollar salary

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008

It is way too early to be drinking this heavily friend. I think you need some help

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
It is way too early to be drinking this heavily friend. I think you need some help

What you call early I call late.

Why would we take Kovalchuks 6.5 million dollar salary

Seriously though Kovalchuk was doing fine until Willie got to town. A team not designed to score went out and got the worst possible coach for a dynamic scorer and people are surprised his production fell off a cliff from the fourth line? Take a chance to watch him play before we cut the idea down entirely. Kovalchuk for a bad contract on our end and a small sweetener would be a coup for us.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
This will be a good indicator of where the team is going rest of the year. Close'ish to playoff contention... but if they lose they are only a couple games up on LA for bottom of the West.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

Yes, Goldy has been treated so well by Vancouver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->