Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-2-16_15-32-1.png

upload_2019-2-16_15-33-0.png

Tonight's Officials

FC06.jpg
TH14.jpg

Referees Francis Charron (6), Trevor Hanson (14)
Linesmen Brandon Gawryletz (64), Travis Gawryletz (67)

Ntl. Anthem Will Jay
The Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey League will have Chinese Heritage Night on Feb. 16 when they host the Boston Bruins at the Staples Center. The evening is sponsored by O.R.G. Packaging, a packaging and containers company based in Beijing.
dWnMhFuy

upload_2019-2-16_15-44-53.png

upload_2019-2-16_15-45-33.png

upload_2019-2-16_15-46-7.png

upload_2019-2-16_15-46-57.png

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins visit the Kings tonight in the 2nd of 2 games between these teams this season and the Bruins’ lone visit to Staples Center this season … The Bruins are 33-17-8 this season and are 12-10-5 on the road … They are 8-2-2 vs. Pacific Division opponents and are 15-4-4 vs. Western Conference foes. - The Bruins play game 2 of a 5-game road trip tonight (1-0-0), continuing in SJ (2/18), VGK (2/20) & STL (2/23) before returning home to host SJ (2/26). - They are concluding tonight their 12th of 14 sets of back-to-back games this season … They are currently 7-4-1 in the 1st game of those sets and are 8-1-2 in the 2nd games so far. - The Bruins are playing game 2 tonight their 13th of 17 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights this season … They are 6-6-1 in game 1s, 9-1-2 in game 2s and 7-3-2 in game 3s of those series this season.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Zdeno Chara is 2 goals short of his 200th NHL goal … He will become just the 21st defenseman in NHL history to reach that milestone.

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2018-19: 171)
Matt Grzelcyk – Lower body. - David Pastrnak – 2/12 left thumb surgery

BOSTON vs LOS ANGELES, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Kings are meeting for the 143rd time in their histories with the Bruins having an 86-38-13-5 record and 560-437 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 37-25-7-1 lifetime vs. the Kings in Los Angeles with a 248-234 scoring edge in those 70 contests. - The Bruins are 4-0-1 in their last 5 games vs. the Kings, including a 5-4 overtime win in Boston on 2/9 in the 1st game of this season’s series, & their last regulation loss to Los Angeles a 2-1 road setback on 3/19/2016 … They have won their last 2 road games vs. the Kings & are 6-4-1 on their last 11 visits to Los Angeles.

:bruins:kings

The bottleneck at the bottom half of the NHL's Western Conference standings isn't budging heading into the stretch run of the season.

The Los Angeles Kings have pulled up from the rear in the past month, earning points in nine of 12 games to get within range of a playoff spot heading into their second consecutive Saturday game against the visiting Boston Bruins.

The Bruins defeated the visiting Kings 5-4 in overtime last Saturday, ending a three-game winning streak that had drawn Los Angeles within five points of the conference's second wild card spot.

The loss to Boston has stretched into a three-game winless streak (0-1-2), dropping the Kings eight points back of the Minnesota Wild for the second wild card.

Los Angeles missed a chance for two points when it allowed a tying goal with 1:38 left in regulation against the visiting Vancouver Canucks on Thursday, and then lost 4-3 in a shootout. The Canucks had played the night before and lost 1-0 at the Anaheim Ducks.

"You've just got to learn from this stuff," Kings defenseman Alec Martinez told reporters after the loss. "We need points right now."

Boston also will be facing the Kings a night after a shutout win in Anaheim.

Tuukka Rask will start in goal after Jaroslav Halak made 30 saves against the Ducks in a 3-0 win. Rask is 18-8-4 with a 2.38 goals-against average on the season.

"They make key saves when we need them," Boston forward Chris Wagner said of his team's goaltenders. "Tuukka has been solid all year, so we have a lot of confidence in both of them."

The Bruins won't be the same team that beat the Kings last weekend, however.

David Pastrnak, who leads Boston with 31 goals, had surgery on his left thumb earlier this week after an off-ice fall on Sunday. He's expected to be out another week at the least.

Meanwhile, the Kings could be getting a key player back in center Jeff Carter, who missed the past five games with a lower-body injury.

Carter is having a below-average season with 25 points (10 goals, 15 assists) in 51 games, but he produced six points in seven games before the injury.

"I think Carter's looked good the last couple days," Kings coach Willie Desjardins told reporters after practice Friday. "I think there's a chance we'll see him."

Los Angeles defenseman Sean Walker also could play after getting struck in the face with the puck against the Canucks and sustaining a major laceration.

"Certainly, he's got to be really uncomfortable," Desjardins said. "It didn't get his eye. It didn't get any teeth, so it could be worse."

Kings rookie forward Austin Wagner has been the team's hottest player of late. He has four goals in the past four games and three in the past two. The Kings and No.1 goalie Jonathan Quick have surrendered 13 goals in regulation in the past three games, however, preventing them from climbing further up the standings.

"You know, we're a really good team this year," Wagner said. "We have a lot of key components that make us a really good team. We're able to play with leads, we're able to score goals, but we've got to help out Quickie."

Last edited:

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Living in the East must be so weird, 10:30 pm Bruins games are crazy late.

I am so used to 4 pm games for Bruins, so it's always pvred and I catch up by the time the game ends.

West coast games are nice for me at 7 pm which is normal for you guys.

NFL is 10 am, 1 pm and 5.

Your guyses world is strange.

Reactions: Budddy

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Anyone got a hookup for tickets?

I'm watching the stubhub prices, but I'm not going to dish out $55+fees to drive up to LA for this.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Anyone (besides Fenway) going tonight ? If so cheer loud for our boys and have a blast. There were so many empty seats at the game last night.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Anyone (besides Fenway) going tonight ? If so cheer loud for our boys and have a blast. There were so many empty seats at the game last night.

If stubhub prices go drastically down by late-afternoon, I might bite. But as they stand now, they're not worth driving the hour+ to LA and paying for parking.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

The Ducks announced there were 17,000 at the game last night :confused:

If you took away the Bruins fans it would have been 7,000.

Staples Center is more of a traditional hockey barn with a great atmosphere. The organist there is very creative and Cartman is annoying but all in good fun.

The Cartman connection comes from Staples Center being located in the South Park neighborhood of downtown LA

upload_2019-2-16_17-27-31.png

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
There will be a pregame ceremony with ORG. The rumor is ORG wants the Kings and Bruins to play 2 regular season games in China in 2020.

STHs in both arenas should revolt. Bruins fans travel well, as evidenced by last night's chanting in Anaheim. I imagine the game against Boston is a relatively bright spot, even in LA's dim season, even if the Bruins aren't doing well. And - other than the Rangers Saturday game in January and Black Friday vs Pittsburgh - the LA game this season will wind up being the third most expensive regular season game to get into in Boston. (Yes, more than Habs. No, I don't know why, other than perhaps "Beat LA" fever and Bergy's 1000, but tickets were expensive even before it was announced. Yes, it's weird.)

Shipping those two games overseas is stupid, no matter what Mr. Zhou wants. Not to mention the beating it takes on the players, and the havoc it causes in scheduling. So - no, no, no. A thousand times, no. We did China. We'll send Pasta and Marchand over in the summer to do camps for a couple of weeks. No games.

Let's just hope for a repeat of last night. Hopefully Rask is well-rested, but not rusty.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
STHs in both arenas should revolt. Bruins fans travel well, as evidenced by last night's chanting in Anaheim. I imagine the game against Boston is a relatively bright spot, even in LA's dim season, even if the Bruins aren't doing well. And - other than the Rangers Saturday game in January and Black Friday vs Pittsburgh - the LA game this season will wind up being the third most expensive regular season game to get into in Boston. (Yes, more than Habs. No, I don't know why, other than perhaps "Beat LA" fever and Bergy's 1000, but tickets were expensive even before it was announced. Yes, it's weird.)

Shipping those two games overseas is stupid, no matter what Mr. Zhou wants. Not to mention the beating it takes on the players, and the havoc it causes in scheduling. So - no, no, no. A thousand times, no. We did China. We'll send Pasta and Marchand over in the summer to do camps for a couple of weeks. No games.

Let's just hope for a repeat of last night. Hopefully Rask is well-rested, but not rusty.

I think it's less about Bruins fans traveling well and more that Southern California has a lot of relocated New Englanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad