Post-Game Talk: GAME 58 - THE BEAR has a successful duck hunt - BRUINS 3 Anaheim 0 FINAL

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Bergeron is better than Neely. Unfair to compare to 77 or 4.

I agree that comparisons between these players are completely unfair.

Although I’m too young to remember Orr’s career in Boston, I have seen the other three play extensively. I know enough to know that Orr; Bourque; Neely; and Bergeron are four completely different players with different roles, different styles, playing in three different eras.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Who was that guy in Carlo's jersey last night? First period especially, looked like he had practiced all day with the globetrotters. Great to see him play with some confidence when carrying the puck.

Ducks are not good, but Halak was super sharp. Krug was a threat (to him) most of the night.

4th line is not our 4th line.

Bergeron is a special player, no doubt. But not comparable to Bourque, let alone Orr.

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
Who was that guy in Carlo's jersey last night? First period especially, looked like he had practiced all day with the globetrotters. Great to see him play with some confidence when carrying the puck.

Ducks are not good, but Halak was super sharp. Krug was a threat (to him) most of the night.

4th line is not our 4th line.

Bergeron is a special player, no doubt. But not comparable to Bourque, let alone Orr.

Yeah. Last night Carlo had me believing he can be more than a stay-at-home defenseman. If he ever puts it all together adding offense, look out.

Question: has there been any recent defensemen that were known solely for their defensive prowess in the minors etc., that wound up becoming excellent offensively in the NHL?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Yeah. Last night Carlo had me believing he can be more than a stay-at-home defenseman. If he ever puts it all together adding offense, look out.

Question: has there been any recent defensemen that were known solely for their defensive prowess in the minors etc., that wound up becoming excellent offensively in the NHL?

Good question.

Usually excellent offensive Dmen have it right from the get go. Have to think about that one for awhile.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

Ryan McDonagh was only putting up 12-18 points in college, put up 17 points combined across the AHL and NHL his first pro season. Now he’s a 40 point guy and Norris candidate.

Reactions: 774EVER

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Kevan Miller goes through long stretches.

He’s solid as a rock for a month at a time. Being physical, making smart plays, answering the bell.

And then the next month, he is constantly falling down and a turnover machine.

Feel like he’s in a latter phase at the moment.

Just not sure how they can get him to be more consistent. I remember the 2017 Sens series when Sens fans were saying “holy shit I didn’t realize Kevan Miller was that good”.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
watching Bob Murray behind the bench was awkward, the guy just does not belong there. Unfortunately, most of what is happening on the ice is his doing, he signed so many to horrific contracts, Chia gets/got rightly railed for his deals but an argument could be made Murray isn`t far behind with some of the moves he`s made too

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
watching Bob Murray behind the bench was awkward, the guy just does not belong there. Unfortunately, most of what is happening on the ice is his doing, he signed so many to horrific contracts, Chia gets/got rightly railed for his deals but an argument could be made Murray isn`t far behind with some of the moves he`s made too
some of those are the ownership there in Anaheim, the Samueli's got into a bit of an issue with the league which is why it's an odd tandem, how much are they both involved in the operation

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
some of those are the ownership there in Anaheim, the Samueli's got into a bit of an issue with the league which is why it's an odd tandem, how much are they both involved in the operation

ah ok, not too if at all familiar with the ownership there, certainly would explain a few things. It`s too bad, that organization went from one who appeared to be run fairly well and were competitive for a long time, they require a complete tear down

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
ah ok, not too if at all familiar with the ownership there, certainly would explain a few things. It`s too bad, that organization went from one who appeared to be run fairly well and were competitive for a long time, they require a complete tear down
it helps when you've been an affiliate of theirs around 2007..... and that's when those issues surfaced and were eventually resolved, hence why who actually made the call to release Carlyle, the 2nd time, even as the franchise was collapsing in the middle of that stretch when they swung East....

Reactions: ODAAT

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

their core is decling. Getzlaf and Perry aren't effective anymore. Same will happen to the Bruins and Penguins when Krejci and Bergeron / Malkin Crosby age. Tank and start over is what they'll do. Teams like the Leafs are on the rise now, it's their turn based on age

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Bruins are in a no lose situation. Win and its just another win against the Leafs, lose and Leafs were finally due. Pressure all on Toronto.

So true - the fans are restless that the Leafs haven't made it out of the first round yet and if that happens again it will be another year lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad