Pre-Game Talk: Game 58: Red Wings vs wild 3/10/22 7:00 pm et (ESPN+, HULU)

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Tomorrow is the most important game of Jeff's tenure as coach IMO... If they get blown out again, Stevie might fire him on Friday... I always believed if they get rid of him, it's after the season, but another blowout might change that.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
The final chapter in the ESPN/Hulu trilogy awaits. Hopefully it yields greater success than the Star Wars sequel trilogy.

Reactions: Larkin2AA

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
There's this new structure that has been starting to catch on with teams lately and I wonder if the Wings could give it a shot. It's called d-fence or something. I think it may be a Dutch term. Anyway, a lot of teams have found some success after incorporating some aspects into their philosophies. I think the Wings could benefit.

I also hear the Austrians (or was it Australians?) have been experimenting with reserving one player whose sole purpose is to keep the puck from entering the net. I'm not sure that makes much sense but it could be worth looking into as well. A "net tender" or whatever.

bedtime20

nap nap
Nov 30, 2018
Metro Detroit
Looks like Ned got sent down :(

Attachments

• 72E10F40-6B03-4598-8D16-CE3C95CF73BA.jpeg
    72E10F40-6B03-4598-8D16-CE3C95CF73BA.jpeg
    507.9 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: SoupGuru

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
They wanted to make it easy for the kids to score obviously.

I played floor hockey with Al Jensen and Mike Gartner once. Fun times.
I know it's just floor hockey, but I'm sure their skill was evident. When I was a kid I was playing street hockey with some friends, and some dude, probably around 60, walks down the street with an old wooden stick and dominated us for about 20 minutes. He told me he "had a cup of coffee in the NHL" with a wink and went on his way. I never asked his name or figured out who he was, but I have a feeling he had more than a "cup of coffee" in the bigs. I couldn't get the ball from that guy, nobody could:laugh:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I know it's just floor hockey, but I'm sure their skill was evident. When I was a kid I was playing street hockey with some friends, and some dude, probably around 60, walks down the street with an old wooden stick and dominated us for about 20 minutes. He told me he "had a cup of coffee in the NHL" with a wink and went on his way. I never asked his name or figured out who he was, but I have a feeling he had more than a "cup of coffee" in the bigs. I couldn't get the ball from that guy, nobody could:laugh:
The PE teacher made them play goalie, and they flung the ball across the gym at each other with cheap ass plastic sticks.

Neither the players or the school wanted liability from having an adult running around with kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00