GDT: Game 58: Coyotes @ Canadiens - 5:00pm (AZ) - FSA+ - Will The Real Coyotes PLEASE Stand Up?? Edition

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Nothing a 6-game win streak can't fix.
We play eight games before TTD, and of those, ONE team is below us in points. You are asking this team for a six game win streak when we have not done it ( I don't think we have anyway) during the early part of the year where our figure skaters were allowed to skate without contact? Wishful thinking.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
We won't be sellers, there is no way Chayka is throwing in the towel. We are more likely to be buyers if an RHD is available at a decent price.
You sound pretty confident in that “we won’t.”

If these guys do not want o be sellers they better start playing like they don’t want to be sellers. We have been statically a bottom five team over the span of the last 25 games.

Chayaka better think long and hard if he wants to buy because if we buy and fall short of the playoffs, lose Hall and the assets given up for buying, he’s gone.

The silver lining to it is, is if we fail to make the playoffs it likely means we get rid of the front office and coaching staff and start fresh with a wealthy owner. However the new regime would be starting with no first round pick.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Gambo just reported that Kuemper was supposed to play but was hurt in warmups and now will not play. So that’s good.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We play eight games before TTD, and of those, ONE team is below us in points. You are asking this team for a six game win streak when we have not done it ( I don't think we have anyway) during the early part of the year where our figure skaters were allowed to skate without contact? Wishful thinking.
I don’t think we have a six game win streak in the entire Tocchet era.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017

9477234930_88614d3573.jpg

Reactions: Grimes

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Raanta’s going to go with Hill backing up.

Not going to speculate on how bad Kuemper is hurt since Gambo likes to inflate his takes for shock value.. But yeah.... this is frustrating.

Reactions: Jakey53

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
lmao can you imagine if Kuemper re-injured his leg and is done for another 6-8 weeks.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Yeah, at this point he's gotta start looking at selling. The kind of run we'd have to go on to get back into a playoff picture makes last year's run by the Blues look like a minor winning streak.
What are you talking about, we are right there at a playoff spot, right now? We would have to be 12 points out of a spot for Chayka to consider being a seller. I am not saying we will get in but we still have a decent chance, we aren't surrounded by world beating teams either.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

Yeah, that's an "Oh, come on!". I can see someone posted it in the reply-section.

I was about to make a comment about some people obviously not being X-files fans. But when I think about it, I'm not the biggest X-file fan myself.

Not today.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
What are you talking about, we are right there at a playoff spot, right now? We would have to be 12 points out of a spot for Chayka to consider being a seller. I am not saying we will get in but we still have a decent chance, we aren't surrounded by world beating teams either.

What in the world makes you think we have a "decent chance," based on the past two months of play by this team?

Reactions: SR

cobra427

May 6, 2012
You sound pretty confident in that “we won’t.”

If these guys do not want o be sellers they better start playing like they don’t want to be sellers. We have been statically a bottom five team over the span of the last 25 games.

Chayaka better think long and hard if he wants to buy because if we buy and fall short of the playoffs, lose Hall and the assets given up for buying, he’s gone.

The silver lining to it is, is if we fail to make the playoffs it likely means we get rid of the front office and coaching staff and start fresh with a wealthy owner. However the new regime would be starting with no first round pick.
I'm 100% confident Chayka isn't selling at the TDL. If he sells, it means he is admitting his plan didn't work, that means he is to blame, he's not going to do or admit that any time soon. Chayka will sit tight and if we miss and fail miserably, Tocc will be the fall guy, his fault. Thats how it works, coach gets shot first.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
What in the world makes you think we have a "decent chance," based on the past two months of play by this team?
Teams rise and fall all the time, we could just as easily turn it around. Earlier in the year we weren't as good as our record the first 30 games and we aren't as bad as our record in the last 10. I would say a 40-60% chance we turn it around, its not a 10% chance.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
At this rate the team needs to offer more transparency. List him as Day-to-Day immediately if it's not 'seemingly' serious, let us know if he aggravated his recent injury or if its unrelated. Throw your beat reporters a bone instead of just saying he was injured. Making us wait for bad news while completely eating dog shit on the ice game in and game out is getting old. Pushes you away as a fan. I'm truly losing interest

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
At this rate the team needs to offer more transparency. List him as Day-to-Day immediately if it's not 'seemingly' serious, let us know if he aggravated his recent injury or if its unrelated. Throw your beat reporters a bone instead of just saying he was injured. Making us wait for bad news while completely eating dog **** on the ice game in and game out is getting old. Pushes you away as a fan. I'm truly losing interest

Same on the losing interest part. Just sold off half my remaining tickets because I don’t want to go any more. I have better things to do.

Reactions: Yandover and RABBIT

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Same on the losing interest part. Just sold off half my remaining tickets because I don’t want to go any more. I have better things to do.

Team should be fired up by this though. And Montreal is not Boston.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

I'm exceedingly uncomfortable with the way this new front office pushes players to come back before they are ready and encourages and/or allows them to play when they are hurt.

Wasn't last practice Kuemper's first full one? What the f*** is he even doing attempting to start this one? Why did anyone approve this?

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Team should be fired up by this though. And Montreal is not Boston.

Arizona is the third worst team in the last 20 or so games across the league.

They’ve proven they’re not capable of being fired up for anything besides the offseason. We all knew coming into the season the team had no fire. This pathetic excuse of a team actually makes me miss Cousins and Archibald. Let that shit sink in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad