GDT: Game 58 | Columbus vs Tampa Bay | 2/18 7:30 PM

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
fb_img_1550544202389-jpg.188525

Compliments of @WubbaLubbaDubDub
Interesting picture choice for each team.

But Tanev for JETS?!!!

Reactions: CPTN71

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Playoff spot on the line tomorrow, as Carolina plays NYR, PIT plays NJ, and we play MTL. A loss by us of any kind with wins of any kind by PIT and CAR, and we’ll be on the outside looking in.

Also we burned one of our games in hand tonight.

Reactions: Robert

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Crap game.... that said CBJ/Montreal/Pitt all have 69 points.... CBJ are a whisker from missing the playoffs entirely... We need to have a 5 game winning streak... It must start tomorrow...

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Werenski needs to sit and watch a game; I’m not saying he’s worthless but he’s not seeing the game.
To use a Dean Lombardi gold.

“Michigan is the worst.” Lombardi added. “For hockey people, if you’ve got a choice between a kid—all things being equal—one’s going to Michigan and one’s going to Boston University, you all want your player [going to Boston University]. Michigan’s players—[head coach] Red [Berenson] doesn’t coach. It’s ‘do what you want.’ He gets the best players in the country.”

Reactions: Robert

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
LMAO...at 2-0 I said we'd be down 4-0 and get an OH By The Way goal to ruin my fantasy shutout...I was a goal off...we just can't get over this hump of beating the great teams...played with them, couldn't beat the goalie...frustrating...

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Well so much for the "making a run at the playoffs" scenario. Damn that was bad. Korpi picked a bad time to sh** the bed.

Reactions: Fred Glover

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Next time let’s get him more work in advance before putting him up against the best team in the league after sitting out for 15 days.
Which one of the games Bob won would you like to switch out Korpisalo for a loss?
Granted he sat out for 15 games but as a pro you need to be better and be ready
He wasn’t

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Which one of the games Bob won would you like to switch out Korpisalo for a loss?
He wasn’t
I think you meant days, not games.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
This game officially put me on the "Trade the Russians" side of the argument.

I think we all suspected we didn't have the depth to make a deep playoff run in the first place, but the two games in the last week against two elite teams, the Islanders and Tampa Bay showed it to us in spades. We just aren't going to compete over the long haul.

We're a GOOD team. We're going to win a bunch of games. We're not going to go toe-to-toe with the likes of the Lightning, Islanders, Maple Leafs and Capitals.

Get value while it's there.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
He wasn’t

Arizona would have been a wonderful game to get him some work. If not, logic says he should have had 1 of the 3 games last week.

I guess we just have a group of former stud former forwards and goalies in here who never ever turned the puck over in their life and are so damn good that no matter how little playing time they got they would stop each and every single top 5 player-in-the-league breakaway that came their way :laugh: :rolleyes:

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
I went to the game and felt for the first two periods, especially in the first period the Jackets totally outplayed the Lightning. The difference was the Tampa's speed and skill. In period one, the Jackets made two mistakes and Kucherov was there to take advantage so the puck ended up in the back of the net. Sometimes you just need the goalie to make a really tough save. I would have hoped Korpisalo saves one of those.

I wonder if the Jackets could just move all of their games to the road. They keep getting these big home games, whether its against the division leading Islanders or the Lightning or a home sellout and seem to get blown out.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I just looked through my messages dated back a week. I don't know what you're talking about.

Friday. Trade thread.

I give praise where i feel its earned (Washington game, for one) yet I still stick to my opinions. My opinion on this team is well documented, and when the team justifies my opinion I will point it out. Just like when they go against my opinion, people are pretty quick to do the same to me. It goes both ways.

Maybe I’m the only one who thinks so, but I feel I’m fair to the team. Am I more “pessimistic?” Yeah maybe, but when that opinion is proven correct time and time again, well, it speaks for itself.

Reactions: Sore Loser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad