BRUINS GDT GAME 58 10:08 PM - The B's visit the happiest place on earth (Anaheim?) - NESN, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-2-15_14-0-12.png

upload_2019-2-15_14-0-46.png

upload_2019-2-15_14-1-27.png

upload_2019-2-15_13-55-44.png

4319932535_034e1c2c95_b.jpg

upload_2019-2-15_13-52-27.png

Tonight's Officials

CR05.jpg
IW29.jpg

Referees Chris Rooney (5), Ian Walsh (29)
Linesmen Brandon Gawryletz (64), Michel Cormier (76)

Ntl. Anthem Erin Metz

upload_2019-2-15_14-7-21.png

upload_2019-2-15_14-7-56.png

upload_2019-2-15_14-8-21.png

upload_2019-2-15_14-8-54.png

OCR-L-HONDA25-0620_01.jpg

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins visit the Ducks tonight in the 2nd of 2 games between these teams this season and the Bruins’ lone visit to Honda Center this season … The Bruins are 32-17-8 this season and are 11-10-5 on the road … They are 7-2-2 vs. Pacific Division opponents and are 14-4-4 vs. Western Conference foes. - The Bruins open a 5-game road trip tonight, continuing in LA (2/16), SJ (2/18), VGK (2/20) & STL (2/23) before returning home to host SJ (2/26). - They are opening tonight their 12th of 14 sets of back-to-back games this season … They are currently 6-4-1 in the 1st game of those sets and are 8-1-2 in the 2nd games so far. - The Bruins are opening tonight their 13th of 17 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights this season … They are 5-6-1 in game 1s, 9-1-2 in game 2s and 7-3-2 in game 3s of those series this season.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Zdeno Chara is 2 goals short of his 200th NHL goal … He will become just the 21st defenseman in NHL history to reach that milestone.

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2018-19: 169)
41kWBnrbXVL.jpg

Matt Grzelcyk – Lower body. - David Pastrnak – 2/12 left thumb surgery

BOSTON vs ANAHEIM, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Ducks are meeting for the 36th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 14-18-2-1 record and Anaheim holding a 102-88 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 6-9-2-0 lifetime vs. the Ducks in Anaheim with the Ducks having a 47-40 scoring edge in those 17 contests. - The Bruins snapped a 9-game losing streak vs. the Ducks at 0-8-1 with a 3-1 win in Boston on 12/20 in the 1st game of this season’s series … They have lost their last 5 road games to the Ducks with their last win in Anaheim a 3-2 victory on 3/25/2012.

Anaheim is 1 of just 4 NHL teams with a lifetime winning record vs. the Bruins (DET, MIN, MTL).

:bruins:ducks
Having already shown they can win at home without David Pastrnak, the Boston Bruins now get a chance to do the same on the road when they face the Anaheim Ducks on Friday night.

Pastrnak, whose 31 goals lead the Bruins, is out for at least two weeks following a procedure to repair an off-ice thumb injury.

In their first game without him Tuesday, goals were not a problem in a 6-3 victory over the much-improved Chicago Blackhawks. Now comes a trip to Anaheim against a Ducks squad that has been mired in one of the worst runs in franchise history, having lost 19 of their last 22 games.

"We're going to need contributions from everybody with 'Pasta' going down there for a bit," left winger Brad Marchand said, according to NHL.com.

Marchand leads the Bruins with 69 points, three more than Pastrnak, after collecting a goal and three assists against the Blackhawks. Danton Heinen and Jake DeBrusk each had a goal and two assists in the victory.

"Heinen was unreal ... made a lot of big plays," Marchand said. "Jake was very clutch as well, so great games by them. It's fun to see them play like that and add some much-needed depth to our group. Heinen has been great the last little bit, so we need that to continue."

The Bruins (32-17-8, 72 points) have recorded a point in eight straight games (5-0-3), all since the All-Star break. Now comes a West Coast trip to Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Jose and Las Vegas, before a stop at St. Louis ahead of a return home Feb. 26 against the Sharks.

The Ducks know all about long journeys, playing at home just once in 31 days before earning a 1-0 victory in their own building Wednesday against the Vancouver Canucks.

In the first game with Bob Murray serving as head coach, rookie goaltender Kevin Boyle earned the shutout in his first career start.

He stopped 35 shots to become the first Ducks goaltender with a shutout in his initial start since All-Star John Gibson did the same in 2014. Gibson (upper body) went on the injured reserved list Wednesday, opening the door for Boyle's opportunity.

"It was how calm he was," Murray said of Boyle. "He was calm, and that's what I like about him."

Murray -- the team's vice president and general manager, who has never been an NHL head coach -- said he wanted to move to the bench for the time being to get an up-close-and-personal look at the team and what makes it click during games.

In the first game under Murray, the Ducks showed an aggressive style of play, with players like Ryan Getzlaf, Jakob Silfverberg and Ryan Kesler all participating in on-ice skirmishes with the Canucks.

"Everything was positive on the bench," Murray said. "They were helping each other. When you have struggled like as bad as they have struggled, you have to trust one another again. That will come. There were some pieces of them trusting each other again, and that's how you have to do it."

More than a physical brand of hockey, though, what the Ducks really need is goals.

They got away with a low-scoring victory Wednesday, but it has not worked often, as the Ducks are 22-26-9 (53 points), while sitting last in the league with 128 total goals. By comparison, the Tampa Bay Lightning entered Thursday with an NHL-high 223 goals.

In addition to Gibson's injury, the Ducks are also without goaltender Chad Johnson (head). Forwards Patrick Eaves (illness) and Kevin Roy (upper body) are day-to-day, while forward Ondrej Kase (shoulder) is out indefinitely.

In addition to Pastrnak's injury, defenseman Matthew Grzelcyk (lower body) is day-to-day for the Bruins.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
OK Let's have a great game and GDT and try and stay awake for this one !

I don't drink coffee but will make a pot of strong black tea.

My daughter will be at this game. Anyone going ? If so cheer loud for our boys and have a blast.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Getzlaf only has 36 points and he's the top point getter on the Ducks???? Wow they must really, really suck. Which means Gibson will shut the Bruins out.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
OK Let's have a great game and GDT and try and stay awake for this one !

I don't drink coffee but will make a pot of strong black tea.

My daughter will be at this game. Anyone going ? If so cheer loud for our boys and have a blast.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Had a wonderful breakfast and there was no traffic on the freeway to Anaheim. So far so good

Reactions: Ladyfan

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Getzlaf only has 36 points and he's the top point getter on the Ducks???? Wow they must really, really suck. Which means Gibson will shut the Bruins out.

Gibson is on IR - Kevin Boyle in G - second NHL start

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Let's Go Bruins!! Make it a strong Western swing and let those of us who won't be watching wake up to a big win!!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Not feeling great. Kids have been sick for several weeks. Girlfriend just got over a cold. My turn it seems.

Soup, Tussin, and Bruins hockey lets do this!

Reactions: lopey

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I went to the Anaheim game last year. It was their legitimate low point all season, remember when everyone was injured and it was Bergeron and a bunch of rookies? I remember Chara deflecting some weird angle shot past Rask and it was all downhill from there

Hopefully this one goes better, even if I made other plans in lieu of attending. If Kings tickets go down since by tomorrow, maybe I'll bite.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Not feeling great. Kids have been sick for several weeks. Girlfriend just got over a cold. My turn it seems.

Soup, Tussin, and Bruins hockey lets do this!
the whole house just got over the stomach bug. I was the last to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->