C4Y3RNsUcAMIKYF.jpg:large
BZNj6OH.jpg

z3AlWnv.jpg

egSCxAq.jpg

16649466_10211087955727502_4209215298087811840_n.jpg

Today's Officials

130p_orourke.jpg
130p_peel.jpg

Referees Dan O'Rourke (9), Tim Peel (20)
Linesmen Brian Mach (78), David Brisebois (96)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

WAYBACK MACHINE

TODAY’S GAME

The Bruins host the Canucks today in the 1st of 2 games between these teams and the Canucks’ lone visit this season to TD Garden … The Bruins are 27-23-6 thus far this season with a 13-13-0 mark on home ice … They are 3-3-0 vs. Pacific Division opponents and are 7-9-0 vs. Western Conference teams this season.

The Bruins are playing game 3 today of a 4-game home stand (1-1-0 so far), which they will conclude with Montreal tomorrow … It is their longest home stand of the season & precedes their 5-day bye week which takes place 2/13-17.

The Bruins are playing game 2 today of their 12th of 16 sets of 3 games in 4 nights this season … They enter this series 6-5-1 in game 1s, 4-4-3 in game 2s and 4-5-2 in game 3s of those series so far.

They are opening today their 10th of 14 sets of back-to-back games … They are 5-2-2 in the 1st of those games and are 1-6-2 in the 2nd game thus far.

They are playing their 8th of 13 matinees this season (local start time 4:00 pm or earlier) and enter today’s game 5-2-0 in afternoon games.

The Bruins are wearing their 3rd uniform system today for the 11th of 15 games this season … They are 3-6-1 in those games so far.

BOSTON vs VANCOUVER, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Canucks are meeting for the 116th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 70-29-15-1 record and 453-321 scoring advantage in those games.

The Bruins are 40-10-7-1 in their 58 home games of this lifetime series with a 230-138 scoring edge in those contests.

These teams split last season’s series with each team winning their road game … The Bruins are 5-5-1 in their last 11 games overall vs. the Canucks and are 3-3-1 in the last 7 between these teams in Boston.

INJURIES (131 total man-games lost)

Austin Czarnik – Lower body suffered 2/4 vs TOR; Has missed 1 game (IR)

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Patrice Bergeron is 1 assist short of his 400th NHL assist.
David Pastrnak is 1 point shy of his 100th NHL point.
Jimmy Hayes is 2 points short of his 100th NHL point.
Dominic Moore is 3 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal.

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1486773539000

PREVIEW

The Vancouver Canucks and Boston Bruins, both trying to force their way back into the NHL playoffs, both scored important victories Thursday night.

Saturday, the 2011 Stanley Cup finalists meet for a TD Garden matinee.

The Canucks, who missed the playoffs last season, rode Ryan Miller to a 3-0 shutout win at Columbus on Thursday and moved to six points out of the Western Conference wild card. The win, ended a four-game losing streak.

The Bruins, meanwhile, played -- and won -- their first game under interim coach Bruce Cassidy to move past the Philadelphia Flyers into the second Eastern Conference wild card spot. They are close to the second and third spots in the Atlantic Division, but both Toronto and Ottawa have significant games in hand -- and are just six points ahead of last place in the conference.

"It's what we needed. Everyone was engaged tonight," Miller said after Vancouver's Thursday win. "I thought we played the right way ... we got a great result tonight."

The 36-year-old Miller is 8-4-2 with a .936 save percentage since Christmas. The results of the next few weeks may well determine whether he is dealt as the Canucks, who end their road trip at Buffalo Sunday, become sellers at the deadline.

For now, he's playing well. Thursday, he and his mates were rewarded.

"We've been matched up against some good teams and those teams were able to exploit (our) mistakes," he said. "Tonight, we weren't giving them that option. We pay attention to details we can play against good teams, they're a good team and we got a good result."

So did the Bruins, who needed just 52 seconds for the first goal of the Cassidy era and never trailed in defeating the San Jose Sharks, the Pacific Division's first-place team.

"Hopefully, we build from that and realize how we have to play the game and the intensity that we need," said Patrice Bergeron, who had a goal and three assists in the win. "But, that being said, we can't just rely on one game. It's about moving forward and keep pushing and definitely using that game as an example of how we need to play."

Said David Backes, who scored that first-minute goal after Cassidy moved him up to the first line with Bergeron and Brad Marchand: "We knew we needed a great effort and we certainly provided that tonight. That being said, we've got to know what it took and how hard it is to bring games and bring that same effort on Saturday afternoon and put this one behind us after we brave this snow storm."

Cassidy said Friday both goalies -- Tuukka Rask and Anton Khudobin -- will play one game this weekend, but didn't say who would play Saturday against Vancouver or Sunday against the Montreal Canadiens, both at home.

Rask has started 13 straight and 19 of the last 20 games, is 2-4-1 with a 2.39 goals against average and .910 save percentage against Vancouver, while he is 6-15-3 with .261/.912 against Montreal.

The Bruins, who got captain Zdeno Chara back at practice Friday after he missed three days, including Thursday's game, because of illness, back on the ice, are just 1-10-2 in games not started by Rask this season. Khudobin, who has been back and forth to the minors, is 1-5-1 with a 3.06 goals against this season, after signing a two-year contract to return to Boston.

Miller, the former Buffalo Sabre, has a long resume against the Bruins, going 27-9-7 with a 2.55 goals against average and .919 save percentage lifetime against Boston.

Last edited:

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
After paying $125 for their game in Vancouver next month, I hope to see some fireworks tomorrow if only to make the game I'm going to somewhat entertaining.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
In a quirk you seldom see on the east coast the Bruins will see the same two referees that worked the San Jose game.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I have to work 3-11 so can't watch it until I get home . Looking forward to reading all of the victorious comments in this thread . Bruins win 5-2 with Krug being all over the ice .

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Rask is probable? Cassidy said that he was going to play Dobby once this weekend...and I'm going to have to go to the nice padded room if Dobby plays against the Habs.

McIntyre never got a genuine "backup's game" in either of his two stints here. This is the pretty much the definition of a backup goalie's game: part of a 3-in-4 against a weak, non-divisional (non-conference!) team. At least give Khudobin a chance. I still can't believe he was bad as he was at the start of the year...and maybe that's his baseline. But even sandwiched betwen a 4-day break and a 6-day bye week, Rask can't do 3-in-4.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Always fun when Vancouver comes to Boston. I expect marchand to be all over the box score.

Hopefully they keep the mojo going from last game.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Always fun when Vancouver comes to Boston. I expect marchand to be all over the box score.

Hopefully they keep the mojo going from last game.

I think Brad loves to play against the twins :laugh:

My daughter has been here for the last 3 home games and the B's have won...I
like when the B's beat the Nucks.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
If Cehlarik is in, this could be a good mix

Marchand-Bergeron-Vatrano
Beleskey-Krejci-Pastrnak
Spooner-Backes-Cehlarik
Schaller-Moore-Nash

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
After paying $125 for their game in Vancouver next month, I hope to see some fireworks tomorrow if only to make the game I'm going to somewhat entertaining.

I`ve watched not one Canucks game, do they have a lineup that likes to drop em?

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
I want to see a Czechoslovakian line.

Cehlarik-Krejci-Pasta

Nobody else fits on Krejci's left, might as well try the new guy.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
What they really should have done is a Daniel Sedin bobblehead night :naughty:

It always seems that Brad eyeballs the other team before the game to pick out a player to bug.

Today he won't have to as the twins let him get to them and Brad knows this and IMO enjoys getting under their skin. :laugh:

Please win B's

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
A few pounds lighter after a couple days of debilitating illness, Bruins captain Zdeno Chara returned to practice yesterday at Warrior Ice Arena for the first time since the coaching change from Claude Julien to Bruce Cassidy.

The big defenseman missed two days of practice and didn’t play in the Bruins’ 6-3 win against San Jose on Thursday. He expects to play against the Vancouver Canucks at the Garden today (1 p.m.).

“It’s been good yesterday and progress from yesterday to today. So it should be good to go for tomorrow,” Chara said after his first Cassidy-run practice.

A few pounds lighter after a couple days of debilitating illness, Bruins captain Zdeno Chara returned to practice yesterday at Warrior Ice Arena for the first time since the coaching change from Claude Julien to Bruce Cassidy.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...o_chara_expects_to_return_saturday_vs_canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad