GDT: Game #57 | Penguins vs. Red Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
SCOUTING REPORT

The Wings are really (really, really, really) bad. That being said, the Pens have to bring their A game. An afternoon game against a beatable team has all the makings of a letdown.

STARTING LINEUPS

(per Daily Faceoff)

:wings

Fabbri - Larkin - Mantha
Bertuzzi - Filppula - Athanasiou
Helm - Glendening - Nielsen
Erne - Ehn - Perlini

Hronek - Green
Nemeth - Biega
Daley - Lindstrom

:pens

Zucker - Crosby - Simon
McCann - Malkin - Rust
Reese - Blueger - Tanev
Lafferty - Agozzino - Hornqvist

Johnson - Letang
Pettersson - Schultz
Riikola - Ruhwedel

GAMEDAY MUSIC

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
not to mention, CBJ, philly, and crusty NYI all lost too. So a great chance to set up for that home court advantage.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I will miss the first period or so of this one for my basketball game again...I can’t stand how these weekend morning games on the west coast conflict with my exercise time...I wish NBC would just stop putting the Pens in these games...it feels like we’re playing almost every Sunday morning though

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
LET'S PARTY!!!!
Someone call the cops....Great GDT, ...BHD!

xyS1uRJ.gif

Give your Mods a hug, and Respect...

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The next 11 games will determine metro standings. Would love for the Caps to have to run the gauntlet this year.

also, is my math correct? We won’t play a single normal game vs the Caps this year? All weekend afternoon games?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The next 11 games will determine metro standings. Would love for the Caps to have to run the gauntlet this year.

also, is my math correct? We won’t play a single normal game vs the Caps this year? All weekend afternoon games?

You are correct sir....

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

You are correct. March is absolutely the toughest stretch for this team.

fragmag

Mar 4, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'm looking at today's starting roster and wondering who Kahun, Bjugstad, and Guentzal are going to replace. Some tough decisions are going to need to be made.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m a red wings fan. So no I avoid reality at all costs

Lol...that’s usually for the best...our coach doesn’t normally release the starting goalie until about 2 hours before the game when he speaks to the media...if he speaks this morning, you should know in about a half hour...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm looking at today's starting roster and wondering who Kahun, Bjugstad, and Guentzal are going to replace. Some tough decisions are going to need to be made.
Aggozino and Lafferty are super obvious. If we are lucky enough to actually get 100% healthy, it pretty much has to be ZAR after that, with Simon as a possibility if he's not on Sid's wing.

something along the lines of

Zucker - Crosby - Simon
Guentzel - Malkin - Rust
Tanev - Blueger - Bjugstad
Kahun - McCann - Hornqvist

Obviously some wings can be swapped around there. And the 3rd and 4th line distinction is pretty blurry.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Aggozino and Lafferty are super obvious. If we are lucky enough to actually get 100% healthy, it pretty much has to be ZAR after that, with Simon as a possibility if he's not on Sid's wing.

something along the lines of

Zucker - Crosby - Simon
Guentzel - Malkin - Rust
Tanev - Blueger - Bjugstad
Kahun - McCann - Hornqvist

Obviously some wings can be swapped around there. And the 3rd and 4th line distinction is pretty blurry.

After the TDL they will be able to keep guys around and mix and match as they see fit. Plus there's a lot of b2b games and weekend/ sunday games.

There are the obvious to send down as you've shown, but that doesn't mean they will. Not all of them anyways.

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa

I seriously doubt we'll see Jake again this season. Shoulder surgery can take over 6 months to properly heal. Bjugstad is also a big question mark. Aggozino will sit when Kahun's ready.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad