GDT: Game 57: Coyotes @ Bruins - 1PM - FSAZ

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Bruins lose to the Wings today with Perlini notching his 1st of the year.

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
We have been soft for two years, Chayka has had plenty of time to find some physical players, but RT wanted flash and dash, like most on this board and now you are seeing why you need physicality. I mentioned this earlier and I got flamed and all I heard was "this is the new NHL, speed is what counts not size". If you watch Hall, not only does he hit, he takes a hit to make a play.
I think RT just echoed what Chaka wanted, he was willing to take any head job because of his poor record and criminal history. Most teams would not have hired him but AZ was perfect because fan apathy and suspect ownership barely caused a ripple in the local sports talk world. CHAKA is the problem, he can take his skinny suits, analytics and his soft fast players and leave. He was the darling of the data driven hockey people, now that mantle has been given to Dubas, both are failing. If we lose a pick or a get hefty fine he needs to be fired immediately and when the playoffs are a distant memory for this year he should not survive.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
^ the best thing about Chayka is people twice his age who have a fraction of his success get really off kilter because of it. Always fun to stick a needle in the eye of the old boys club.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
^ the best thing about Chayka is people twice his age who have a fraction of his success get really off kilter because of it. Always fun to stick a needle in the eye of the old boys club.
Chayka as GM and RT as NHL coach have not had success at the NHL level. There are reasons good GM's and coach's find jobs at the NHL level is because there are very few who can do it, and do it well.

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
Negative feedback is fine, if it’s constructive.

Chirping him on Twitter with crap like “Fire everyone” isn’t constructive.

I didn't chirp him, but you're right. Next time I'll write my congressman when voicing my displeasure with my team. Here is the wonderful play that brought about the frustration.

Reactions: _Del_

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
And making the playoffs sure don't meet your previous post definition of success.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
No play with fire, you know what I meant. If your going to keep losing might as well at least act like your not already booking your tee times. You like this soft team? You can have them.
By fire, do you mean take dumb penalties? That's just being ass hole's because you can't win. The idea is to win games, it's not working now, but that doesn't mean you derail your efforts toward the meaningless.
Special teams and a lack of solid defense thwarted our efforts in this one. Concentrate on those things as opposed to mindlessly throwing your body, sticks, elbows, fists, whatever you have in mind around.
I have seen improved effort from Kessel, Keller and Schmaltz of late, the team as a whole has lacked consistency.

Last edited:

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
You posted about success not expectations. And I wondered if I missed something for Chayka?

Becoming the president and general manager of a pro sports franchise, founding his own business, and owning about a dozen restaurants before age 30 sounds successful.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
With the differences in games played among the teams that list means very little at this point.

The standings in the Pacific can completely reverse themselves within 3-4 games and there’s still more than 25 left.
All the maligned vets on this team know this, as do the lads no doubt. I am glad for that, even if not always pleased with their play and results.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Becoming the president and general manager of a pro sports franchise, founding his own business, and owning about a dozen restaurants before age 30 sounds successful.
Yeah Coyote fans give zero F's about almost all of that. It seems I didn't misremember anything.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
With the differences in games played among the teams that list means very little at this point.

The standings in the Pacific can completely reverse themselves within 3-4 games and there’s still more than 25 left.
Yeah the post was heading for the playoffs, that is not the case. It doesn't mean they won't get there but they are not presently heading for them.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Yeah the post was heading for the playoffs, that is not the case. It doesn't mean they won't get there but they are not presently heading for them.

If they continue the trend of the last 10 games or so I can agree with that. There are some who will feel that it won’t happen. Ten more games like the last one and their opinions may change but for now there’s no reason to think otherwise.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
If they continue the trend of the last 10 games or so I can agree with that. There are some who will feel that it won’t happen. Ten more games like the last one and their opinions may change but for now there’s no reason to think otherwise.
You can't write that they are presently heading for the playoffs and be correct, there is nothing to support that assertion. That's all I challenged.

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
With respect, I don't think we acquired Hall and gave away prospects and picks to squeak into the playoffs. We had a firm seat atop and felt that making the playoffs was more than secured, how deep we would go, that was the real unknown. Maybe that's me projecting a bit, but that was certainly my feeling once we acquired hall. Certainly the original goal was to make the playoffs, but after Hall getting out of the first round seemed more doable.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
In any event I think it’s way too early to be looking at the standings and watching the teams around us. Too many games left and too many variables. You’ll drive yourself insane. Save that stuff for the last week of March.

Cliche but if the Coyotes play their game everything will take care of itself. I suspect we will play a little bit looser with Kuemper back as we have more confidence in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad