GDT: Game 57: Columbus Blue Jackets Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | Score Lots of Goals

Poll Question

• Total voters

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Gupset.gif

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You know what it's gotten easy to swallow when Anaheim loses because I want them to win the draft lottery at this point, but for f***'s sake this team absolutely shot itself in the foot and Colin Miller is the new f***ing John Merrill.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Looks you are not worthy of the goal light!

Need to sort this shit out. The second period was pathetic and this team has no clue how to play with a lead.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
We literally have zero chance of scoring with the goalie out but other teams have a chance in the same situation. :eyeroll:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Last season they had so many big late tying goals, this year its like scoring in the last five minutes just won't happen.

Time to rest MAF and let him regain his sharpness. He's looking average at best recently.

Reactions: Vegas07

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
The team has been allowing more goals lately that’s true.

I don’t see the point of playing Fleury so much since Calgary or San Jose is winning this division anaway. I seriously doubt that both of them will collapse.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The team has been allowing more goals lately that’s true.

I don’t see the point of playing Fleury so much since Calgary or San Jose is winning this division anaway. I seriously doubt that both of them will collapse.

Agreed, don't want to just accept third place but coming into the playoffs with rested and healthy players is more important than using up all your bullets to move up a spot. Same for the trade deadline, make a small move if one presents itself, but don't chase a big deal unless it comes at a reasonable cost and makes sense. The games really don't mean as much from now on, just have to play well enough to stay in this spot or hope one of the two in front of you collapse and you get home ice in the first series.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
You know what it's gotten easy to swallow when Anaheim loses because I want them to win the draft lottery at this point, but for ****'s sake this team absolutely shot itself in the foot and Colin Miller is the new ****ing John Merrill.

Honestly really wasn't upset when Boston lost Colin in the draft.

Knights were sloppy. Some fortunate bounces both ways. Columbus was the better team.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Also, it's hilarious Carrier looks constantly pissed off skating around the ice.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
As someone who has literally watched every game these two teams have played the past 2 seasons, the Knights have nothing to hang their head over. Yes, not getting points at home sucks, but they played a solid game. Outside of their two wins at WSH this year, CBJ may have played their best game of the year.

When these two teams are wheeling, they are incredibly FAST. My God, when Anderson or Tuch are roaring down the ice with the puck, it is a site to see.

Surprisingly, Bob Rovsky has some big time saves early in the game when VGK were dominating. CBJ were able to wear the Knights down with just a little bit more size.

Reactions: MordredGK

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
As someone who has literally watched every game these two teams have played the past 2 seasons, the Knights have nothing to hang their head over. Yes, not getting points at home sucks, but they played a solid game. Outside of their two wins at WSH this year, CBJ may have played their best game of the year.

When these two teams are wheeling, they are incredibly FAST. My God, when Anderson or Tuch are roaring down the ice with the puck, it is a site to see.

Surprisingly, Bob Rovsky has some big time saves early in the game when VGK were dominating. CBJ were able to wear the Knights down with just a little bit more size.

We keep giving up 1-2 flukey goals per game.

OTOH Schmidt had a flukey goal as well. The fluke gods giveth, and the fluke gods taketh away.

Definitely need to tighten a lot of things up but they're playing great hockey for about 50-55 minutes.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Agreed, don't want to just accept third place but coming into the playoffs with rested and healthy players is more important than using up all your bullets to move up a spot. Same for the trade deadline, make a small move if one presents itself, but don't chase a big deal unless it comes at a reasonable cost and makes sense. The games really don't mean as much from now on, just have to play well enough to stay in this spot or hope one of the two in front of you collapse and you get home ice in the first series.

I would really like to take 1st but it just seems so unlikely now. The slow start to the season really hurt with that. At this point I’m more concerned with avoiding a collapse that will pull the team into 4th. That’s unlikely too. But it’s also one reason I don’t want Fleury to run out of gas; I think things are more likely to fall apart if that happens than if he gets sufficient rest.

And of course I want Fleury ready for the playoffs.

I’m worried about the team making a big mistake with a trade. The team lost 3 picks trading for Tatar last year and I don’t want to see that type of mistake again.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I would really like to take 1st but it just seems so unlikely now. The slow start to the season really hurt with that. At this point I’m more concerned with avoiding a collapse that will pull the team into 4th. That’s unlikely too. But it’s also one reason I don’t want Fleury to run out of gas; I think things are more likely to fall apart if that happens than if he gets sufficient rest.

And of course I want Fleury ready for the playoffs.

I’m worried about the team making a big mistake with a trade. The team lost 3 picks trading for Tatar last year and I don’t want to see that type of mistake again.

At this point, I don't want them to trade. I don't think they are cup contenders, and I would hate to see them make a mistake trying to force it. Hit the UFAs this summer, get Haula healthy and Branny and/or Hague up for next season, then hit the ice running for 2019-2020.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad