Post-Game Talk: GAME #57: Canucks 2 vs. Sharks 7: Wow! What a debacle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Id do

Leivo Pettersson Boeser
Macewan Horvat Roussell
Gold Beagle Virtanen
Eriksson Granlund Clamato

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Only the Canucks will protect the 10 year Pro-goalie and sacrifice the Junior goalie to the sharks (pun intended)
Markstrom is a more valuable asset than Depietro at this stage....hoping they trade Marky for a nice haul in the summer if he keeps up strong play

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I’d be of the line of thinking that Markstrom took a stringer against Calgary and they want him to rest it. There’s other - easier - games coming up that would make more sense to start DiPietro in. This would be baptism by fire, for sure.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
This is an interesting turn of events.

Like...is this is all just out of necessity (Markstrom not 100%) or are they making choices that give us a better evaluation of potential future pieces....?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Like...is this is all just out of necessity (Markstrom not 100%) or are they making choices that give us a better evaluation of potential future pieces....?

I have absolutely no idea what this means. It goes against everything I know about Green.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta

think green is doing what he has done all year. pick the games we are least likely to win in a short time frame and give that to the backup.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I have absolutely no idea what this means. It goes against everything I know about Green.

Totally. Like I still remember the days when we were "forced" to play Stetcher and Tryamkin do to injuries and whoops, turns out they were better than most of the players they were sat for. Of course that was a different coach, but this is such a strange situation for the Benning era that practical, common sense moves in the interest of the long-term are being made.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
This is a really balsy move considering we are in a tight playoff race... and with Markstrom being solid as a rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->