Post-Game Talk: GAME #57: Canucks 2 vs. Sharks 7: Wow! What a debacle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
If you were Dipietro, how do you go on after a game like this? Kid must have told his family and friends he was going to start only to get demolished on national tv.

Poor kid thrown to the Sharks. Not going to be good for his confidence.

Reactions: timw33

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I know it seems bad, everyone, but I truly believe that once we add Quinn Hughes this will immediately be a contending team and we should be thankful that we have a master scout who has added so many good NHL players that we are overflowing with them.

You’re joking right? Lots of people in the game question his ability to defend at this level. You think he’s gonna make us a contender?

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I know it seems bad, everyone, but I truly believe that once we add Quinn Hughes this will immediately be a contending team and we should be thankful that we have a master scout who has added so many good NHL players that we are overflowing with them.

U7Ghu2s.gif

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
What a rough game, hoping for a speedy recovery from Demko and Markstrom.
Sorry you had to go through this Dipietro.

...well, we got 7uongo'd

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
If you were Dipietro, how do you go on after a game like this? Kid must have told his family and friends he was going to start only to get demolished on national tv.

I see what you did there

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Canucks match up well against the Flames for some reason, not that it would be a guarantee in a playoff enviroment. But the Sharks? Not so much. Maybe because it suits the Canucks better to try to stop Gaudreau than it is to stop Burns/ Karlsson (who wasn't even playing) and the Sharks forwards are pretty big too.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Have a funny story about that. I lived in Calgary and our adult ball league was doing a fundraiser...we directed/parked cars for a LPGA event. I’m wearing a Canucks jersey.

I direct a car to its spot. Out of the drivers side comes Jim Peplinski. He hands me a nice tip and says “Joel totally kicked it in” and starts laughing. I had to laugh as well...Pepper is a great guy and it was in good fun.
Thanks man. After a game like this, I needed a good laugh.:thumbu:

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Can’t blame dipi for this one, he was put in a position to fail. Macewen is pretty impressive and is what I hoped jake would play like. Jake you’re on the hot seat now, step up!

Boeser Fan

Jun 23, 2018

He's a 19 year old goaltender it's not the end of his career. That was ugly to watch but I think most people realize he was thrown to the wolves here hopefully he does as well.

Reactions: Zippgunn

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Listened to the game on the radio on the drive home (Hwy 1 is a shit show, fyi). Only caught the 2nd and part of the third period. But holy crap... "Chances are this doesn't bite them in the ass." Well it did, good job management. I was all for the Nilsson trade, but my gripe was with the timing of the McKenna waive and the Demko callup. Benning's gamble clearly did not pay off. Hopefully Markstrom is ok.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC

Oh there's probably a 100 kids would love to have that chance he will be fine and he now knows how much faster things move i think he will take it as.part of his learning curve carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->