Post-Game Talk: GAME #57: Canucks 2 vs. Sharks 7: Wow! What a debacle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
7th man? That’s an insult to the Aaron Rome’s or Andrew Alberts, or even Yannic Weber’s of the world.
Couldnt agree more. Pouliot is a bad #9 option imo. Rome was a #7, almost a 6. Weber was pretty bad himself, a poor mans#7, maybe an 8 on a solid defensive team.... Then I see hes been playing a lot since he left here which means he either got a tad better or our defensive system is complete garbage

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
First I wonder who MacEwen supplanted and by God if it isn't Granlund...

And also why can't Brisebois get in a game? There are more worthy players to be scratched on defense than there are on offense. And by that I mean Pouliot and Guddy

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Couldnt agree more. Pouliot is a bad #9 option imo. Rome was a #7, almost a 6. Weber was pretty bad himself, a poor mans#7, maybe an 8 on a solid defensive team.... Then I see hes been playing a lot since he left here which means he either got a tad better or our defensive system is complete garbage

who’s in your avatar

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I think Granlund is in Greens doghouse..only played 8 minutes against the Flames,and didnt play on any special teams..

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.

The favouritism is real
How would you know if Brisebois ready or not if he doesn’t get a chance

How do you read that as favouritism? He's basically saying if he had any other dman he felt confident in we wouldn't see Pou in the lineup. Brisebois isn't really the type of dman you ideally supplant a regular with mid-season. He's super green, and would ideally be brought up out of training camp.

Also the anti-Green crowd should be chiming in here now that Granlund has been sent to the doghouse. This is what people wanted (myself included), but we won't hear from those folks until they see something else they don't like.

tl;dr: Green is giving the fanbase what it wants, and is sitting guys who don't deserve to be here. Let's take a moment to acknowledge that.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
How do you read that as favouritism? He's basically saying if he had any other dman he felt confident in we wouldn't see Pou in the lineup. Brisebois isn't really the type of dman you ideally supplant a regular with mid-season. He's super green, and would ideally be brought up out of training camp.

Also the anti-Green crowd should be chiming in here now that Granlund has been sent to the doghouse. This is what people wanted (myself included), but we won't hear from those folks until they see something else they don't like.

tl;dr: Green is giving the fanbase what it wants, and is sitting guys who don't deserve to be here. Let's take a moment to acknowledge that.

If you wanted the same thing, a Granlund scratch, how does that make you pro-Green?

Is the Granlund scratch confirmed? If so, brilliant. Green finally levels the playing field.

Goldobin staying and Granlund being scratched is progress for this coach. Good on him!

Next up, Pouliot and Gudbranson.

Reactions: Brock Olli Juolevi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad