Post-Game Talk: GAME #57: Canucks 2 vs. Sharks 7: Wow! What a debacle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
zgOgiHB.jpg

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Vancouver has to win and Minnesota has to lose to the seemingly-unbeatable Flyers tomorrow for this party to continue

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
None of that would matter to a kid who would be getting into his first NHL game. Adrenalin is a hell of an equalizer.

Hope he plays, but i suspect he does sit this one out.

Agree but hope he plays, Canucks need a lift.

It's probably too early but must win games are coming soon.

The biggest thing is that when the Canucks play other teams in the race for that last wildcard spot (the Blues are getting in) they need to win in regulation.

If Minny can do their best Ducks impression that would help a lot too.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
With Koivu for the year for the Wild, they're probably the team to catch, two points behind with same GP.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I really like Biega, he's the best skater on the back end. It's funny watching him go flying from red line to red line. Not sure what I think of his defensive game yet but he certainly doesn't stick out like a sore thumb like Pouliot does.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
I really like Biega, he's the best skater on the back end. It's funny watching him go flying from red line to red line. Not sure what I think of his defensive game yet but he certainly doesn't stick out like a sore thumb like Pouliot does.

He had a bad game against Calgary but Gudbranson and Pouliot have those games basically every night.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Which means he probably sits for a week and a half then gets one game and Green decides he’s not good enough and gets sent back to Utica.

He got to “learn the fundamentals” before playing a game.

I see you're an optimist, PG. :sarcasm:
Way things have gone for out last few call ups its gonna be a surprise if he actually gets one game at all.

That said, I think at this point the team should know what they have in Granlund, Schaller, Pouliot. Swapping in one of the kids might not have a huge effect on the play... so, hoping MacEwen and Brisebois get that one game at least.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sharks fore-check is better than Calgary's. Canucks will get buried alive in their own zone unless they can find a way to move the puck faster. And with some of the Canuck d-man you can't use 'puck movement' in the same sentence very often.

Another stellar outing by Markstrom required. How long can he keep the run going?

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Could see this being a repeat of Saturday's game. Unless the Sharks check out, they're a 4 line team who pounds in shots and scoring chances.

Question will be how much will Markstrom bail the team out.

3-2 Canucks.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I'm not sure replacing Granlund with MacEwen and Pouliot with Brisebois decreases your chances at winning.

Personally I'd love to see it. But no coach still in reach of making the playoffs (when most media/fans predicted a bottom 5 finish) is going to sit two guys with NHL experience in favour of two rookies yet to play an NHL game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->