GDT: Game 56: Redwing Boots Edition

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Wings have improved over the past bunch of years but they aren't there yet.
I haven't thought about Detroit much during this century so far but I'd like a reason to view them with apathy again, so I hope Y gets them into position.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
Should have been 6-2, they hit 2 posts in empty net situations.
Good win! Gru was real solid. Ebs was money.

Tanev drew some penalties there. Tripping. Slashing before hitting the post. Slashing way after the play.

And the officials threw him out for being upset. :rolleyes:
The stripes had a pretty piss poor game tonight. Missed a lot of crap.

Reactions: wewantyoursoul

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Meanwhile it's always awesome when Gru has a good game. Best case scenario right now is that he's plainly our guy.

One thing I opined about last year regarding the composition of the team was that Eberle didn't feel like a fixture. Would be traded for futures at the deadline, etc.
This year is completely different, he not only belongs but he's a big part of the teams success, and seems to want to be here now.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Got a last minute ticket from a friend and just home. That was a really fun game. Felt like there was a lot of Detroit fans there tonight, especially around me. We definitely could have scored more but a wins a win. Need to beat San Jose next give the schedule gets tougher after that

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
First time in two seasons, I fell asleep. Bah. Yay for the good guys, though. Sounds like a hell of a second and third period.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Good win against an up and coming team that had a five game winning streak and won seven of their last nine.

Grubi with another good start and the team scored timely goales to get a hold of the game.

Next one on Monday at 1:00 p.m. in San Jose.

Can’t tell by the score but the defense is struggling clearing the puck tonight.

Well, that wings team is really fast and forechecks well.
Still, that first goal was once again right before the end of the period and unnecessary.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I liked the overall effort last night. Ultimately 55 minutes of that game was the kind of play that got them all the wins.

Agreed on the Eberle sentiment. Definitely an important change this season.

Beniers is fantastic. The guy was very visible as a positive force on the ice all game…

But all that said. I think the real game changers on the Kraken are the Bjorkstrand-Gourde-Goalvanen line. Teams don’t stand a chance against them, even good teams.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Wings have improved over the past bunch of years but they aren't there yet.
I haven't thought about Detroit much during this century so far but I'd like a reason to view them with apathy again, so I hope Y gets them into position.
He's just needs to keep drafting those Swedish kids again. Stevie Y Shit the bed on drafting Cossa over Wallstadt though but looks like he hit on D-men Edvinsson,Wallinder,Buium and maybe Johansson and Forward Kasper looks promising as a numero duo Centre!

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The playoff picture is looking pretty rosy for us at the moment. With nearly a third of the season to go (26 games), the Kraken have 70 points. The three closest teams who wouldn't at the moment qualify for the playoffs are Calgary with 63, Nashville with 58 points (and two games in hand) and St Louis with 55 points. If Seattle plays anything close to in form the rest of the way are chances are excellent of at least securing a wild card spot. For instance is we played 13 and 13 the rest of the way, Calgary, the current chief threat, would have to play at a 17 and 9 clip to beat us.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
The playoff picture is looking pretty rosy for us at the moment. With nearly a third of the season to go (26 games), the Kraken have 70 points. The three closest teams who wouldn't at the moment qualify for the playoffs are Calgary with 63, Nashville with 58 points (and two games in hand) and St Louis with 55 points. If Seattle plays anything close to in form the rest of the way are chances are excellent of at least securing a wild card spot. For instance is we played 13 and 13 the rest of the way, Calgary, the current chief threat, would have to play at a 17 and 9 clip to beat us.
I like your enthusiasm! But lets hold off just yet the wheels could could fall very easy and very soon. To date its been Wild! Some good/great months and 1 dreadful month. Hopefully the Kraken keep it rolling and there aren't(knock on wood) any serious injuries. But hey like I said before I like your enthusiasm

Reactions: kihei

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad