GDT: Game 56: Nashville Predators(30-19-4) @ Seattle Kraken(16-34-5) - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Are they actually trying to win after being down and work on that 0-28-1 record when being down by two? :eek2:

We finally did it.

We're now a whopping 1-28-1 when trailing by two goals or more in a game.
Whohooooo
giphy.gif

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
We are winning all the puck races. What the hell is going on?
Predators played like they spent a couple hours at Canon "practicing" before the game. Add that Hakstol seems to have gotten the word that getting the most out of the players he has on the roster is his job.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Not sure what 'Canon' is but I really hope it's more to do with the latter than the former.
It's a bar. And the former part was indeed an exaggeration. The Predators team that played last night looked nothing like the one that played in the Stadium Series game.

It's sports, of course. Sometimes a team just comes out and lays an egg.

Kudos to the Kraken for pouncing on that and taking a much needed win. It seemed like the changes the coaches put in made a big difference as well, which is good as the intensity of play picks up down the final stretch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
That's not true.

You can only win it twice within a five year period.
That means you could win it two years in a row, but would be prohibited from the next three #1 picks, no matter your record/lottery results.
Ahh. My bad. I knew about the 5 year period, but I thought it was a combination of both. i.e you can't win it twice in a row or more than 2 times in a 5 year period.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
That's not true.

You can only win it twice within a five year period.
That means you could win it two years in a row, but would be prohibited from the next three #1 picks, no matter your record/lottery results.

I searched before, but I never got clarification.

When the rule was changed, I read an article that stated "You could only move up twice in a five year period". Other articles state that you can only "win the lottery twice in a five year period", without describing the specifics of "win the lottery"

I have assumed since, (mostly based on discussions on the main board), that it means you can only pick 1st overall twice, and that it had no restrictions on picking 2nd, but never was entirely certain.

I am still not certain if say the tenth placed team moved up to 2nd pick one year, and then they won the lottery 1st pick the next year, would they be ineligible the following year, or does the move from 10th-2nd not count?

The way these boards describe it, a team could theoretically draft 1st-2nd-1st,2nd-2nd-1st-2nd-1st in an 8 year period which seems inaccurate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad