Post-Game Talk: GAME 56 - Marchand wins it in OT - B's finally beat Colorado in Boston

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I think Frederic has had some trouble keeping up with the speed of the NHL game but that's not unusual for a rookie. He's been impressive on faceoffs though.

Reactions: Blowfish

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I agree there are problems, but I hardly think it’s a result of management not liking talent and wanting “blue collar” players.

One of the first things Sweeney did was trade “the ultimate Bruin” out of town in Milan Lucic.

And replaced him with Beleskey and dealt Smith for Hayes and dealt a 3 for Rinaldo.

They went for “size” in the 2015 draft. Liked Frederic and his limited ability but abundant size over a DeBrincat type. Went with a safe defensive type defenseman over guys like Vesalainen or Yamamoto or Robert Thomas....

I do think that has switched a bit but last May you had Neely complaining that you can’t have two small guys back on defense and they signed The 6-3 Moore in July.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
This brass is obsessed w heaviness it would seem up until this summer and I would argue they would take it all day if they could.

JFK was better than Frederic. Moore is better than Miller yet sits when all healthy. Backes has played himself out of the lineup, and I’m not convinced Heinen isn’t being showcased.

You’re opposed to Heinen being showcased? Would he not be someone you would include in an enticing deadline deal?

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
This brass is obsessed w heaviness it would seem up until this summer and I would argue they would take it all day if they could.

JFK was better than Frederic. Moore is better than Miller yet sits when all healthy. Backes has played himself out of the lineup, and I’m not convinced Heinen isn’t being showcased.
Is K Miller playing ahead of Moore because of his physicality or is it that Miller is more of an established guy and Moore is a newbie ? You could be right but I’m not sure it is that black and white . I don’t particularly like the K Miller - Krug pairing and would like to see it split up .

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Is K Miller playing ahead of Moore because of his physicality or is it that Miller is more of an established guy and Moore is a newbie ? You could be right but I’m not sure it is that black and white . I don’t particularly like the K Miller - Krug pairing and would like to see it split up .

Shoots right..

Reactions: LouisSleigher

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
The hockey at times may not have been text book, however the Bruins were able to come out of the weekend with two big wins.

Good to get Halak back into the win column and hopefully now on a winning roll.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Kuraly is so good right now. Last year he would turn it over in the neutral zone but now hes money all over the ice. Would have been nice if McAvoy had finished that pass in OT.

Reactions: BMC and BBruins

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
John Moore has been solid since coming back from his run of being a healthy scratch.

I honestly think he's been good all season. Tough thing to do, but I think when everyone is healthy, dress your six best, regardless of handiness. McAvoy, Grzelyck, and Moore are your only three who can play comfortably in all situations IMO. Miller is the guy to sit. I've said he's a legit #4 previously. He's clearly your 7th best at this point in time however...

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Yeah those 4 points in his last 9 games and even his last two games made a play in each game that directly resulted in Bruins goals scored.

Has Trent Frederic even generated a scoring chance yet?

But he had a fight and rubbed out a couple guys with hits, so he gets to stick around. (and I actually really like Frederic).

I do have an agenda, and that's is this management team has no idea how to construct a forward group in the 2019 version of NHL hockey. And the game since the all-star break have been more than proof positive of that.

I completely agree your agenda and unfortunately it started at the 2015 draft. If Trent is packaged for one of Stone Duchesne or Panarin I don't think many here will be broken up about it.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Frederick looks to me like a kid who earned a shot with the big club. Has got it, and now knows the difference between an AHL top 6 and an NHL middle 6. He has a clear idea now what to work on and how far he has yet to go. Another year in the Dunk and we will see him next season. Was worth the look.

JFK played better than Frederic, but his play was not NHL level. He made good smart defensive choices, but his offense generation was not where the big club needed to be. I think what got him the return to Providence was a lack of consistency and some confidence building. I expect to see him back in Boston soon. Hopefully having learned something through the whole experience. How long he stays in Boston, however, is speculative. He has been in trade rumors here due to his value and if Donny has him in an offer to another team he might as well keep him with the P-Bruins. If not, he will return down when he is replaced with our 3C rental.

None of this will happen until the trade clog is cleared up. Seems everyone is holding onto their cash for the big Ottawa sale. Once that moves everything else will domino.

Reactions: Dabruins

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

I personally think Killer is the weakest d of our top seven . I hope he is moved this summer . I know we are short on muscle on the back end , but miller is not an answer trade him for an up grade at some position . The team lacks grit so I think there has to be an upgrade there as well. Miller is simply not the answer. IMO Miller and either Griz or Krug should be moved in hockey trades

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The games recently have been a struggle but there are some really positive takes as well. The Bruins finally beat Washington and at the same time Tuukka broke the franchise record for wins, they finally beat the Avs in Boston and they played for Bergy in his 1000th game and won. There is mental toughness to this team even though it seems the opposite at times. Get the trade deadline over with and let's see how much stress that takes off the young players.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
The games recently have been a struggle but there are some really positive takes as well. The Bruins finally beat Washington and at the same time Tuukka broke the franchise record for wins, they finally beat the Avs in Boston and they played for Bergy in his 1000th game and won. There is mental toughness to this team even though it seems the opposite at times. Get the trade deadline over with and let's see how much stress that takes off the young players.
This, so much this.

Reactions: caz16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad