GDT: Game 56: Islanders @ Sabres - 2/12 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I hope you realize Mittelstadt and the need from Management to keep him at center is the ONLY thing keeping Sobotka from playing on one of our scoring lines at this point. Sobotka would get to see time as the center on a scoring line before Reinhart does. This is not hyperbole. We have seen it when Eichel went down.

^
I'm so sorry everyone for posting this in the Housley thread.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I hated the Lehner trade, but liked Lehner. His play, poor stats from backing up a terrible team, and his off-ice drama made it impossible to trade him and very risky to keep him. It's just another case of things going wrong for Buffalo, with blame going in at least two directions. Getting sober and playing in a Trotz system is going to bump up any goalie's stats. Good for him, but that just wasn't going to happen in Buffalo. Except for the fantasies running through my mind every night about what that draft pick could be right now for Buffalo...I'm over it...I swear...

Reactions: oldgoalie

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Man, goaltending and special teams have been killing us lately. Hutton and Ullmark have both had their sv% progressively dropping over the course of the season. We need at least one of them to step up soon if we're gonna stay in the fight for a wildcard spot.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Or that Sam wants to play C
Aside from the dubious nature of the "Sam doesn't want to play center" idea, I've never really seen why it mattered. If putting Reinhart at center, or at least trying him there, helps the team then Housley should be doing it regardless of Reinhart's view on the matter. Housley's the coach, not Reinhart.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Did you know that in addition to being a legendary mascot Sabretooth also serves as an effective theft deterrent:
20190212_161046.jpg

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
The CJ Smith handling is baffling.

I'm not one of these screaming "CALL UP THE KIDS" guys. I like the AHL developmental approach.

But I am a "PLAY THE ****ING KIDS IF YOU"RE GOING TO CALL UP THE KIDS!!!!!" kind of guy.

LGA tweeted about it, but the ironic thing is that he's not really a "kid." He's 24, which is older than Jack, Sam, Casey, and Thompson, all of whom Housley relies upon heavily (save Tage, who still gets more burn than he should given his ability and propensity for mistakes). He's 11 months younger than Girgs, FFS. I understand that he doesn't have the NHL experience that those guys do, but how is he going to get it if you don't play him?

Reactions: Chainshot

Betelgeuse

Sep 21, 2018
Would rather see Hutton but have a feeling Skeichel will light the lamp. Here we go!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->