GDT: Game 56: Islanders @ Sabres - 2/12 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Amazing they're still only 4 pts out. If we can get back some good run from the goalies and continue to clean up their own end (much better last wknd), I like their chances this week. We're due for a good run from Jack & hope Reino keeps it going and his line pots a few. Sorry for the non doom n gloom post ;)

Reactions: Jamie Walker

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
This is game 6 of the 7 game home stand. Sabres are 2 - 3 at this point. My best case projection was that they would end up 4 - 3. Losses to Chicago and Carolina were big setbacks to that optimism.

So this one is really important for them to seriously contend for the EC playoff wild card. Gotta have a win tonight. And beat the Rangers on Friday.

Unfortunately, it appears the Rangers are playing better of late.

To be on the losing end of this home stand likely means we become sellers as opposed to buyers in the run up to the trade deadline.
Agreed and if we win both can gain some nice momentum.

Hoping for a big game from our top players. Feel bad about Cj, how much worse must we be? 10 pts back from a wildcard spot? Its so sad watching a promising season slip away after so many bad seasons in a row.
Just win.

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
GAME-DAY RESOURCES

SEASON SERIES: NYI LEADS 1-0-0

The Islanders beat the Sabres 3-1 on New Year's Eve. Robin Lehner made 39 saves in his emotional return to Buffalo. Leo Komarov, Brock Nelson and Ryan Pulock scored for the Islanders who are 5-1-0 in their last six games against the Sabres. The teams conclude their season series on March 30 at NYCB Live.

ISLANDERS NOTES:

- The Islanders are riding a three-game winning streak as they head to Buffalo. The Islanders are 9-1-2 in their last 12 games and are 19-4-2 in their last 25 games, the most wins and best record in the NHL since Dec. 15.

- The Islanders (72 points) are extending their lead atop the Metropolitan Division. The Isles are five points ahead of the Washington Capitals (68 points), seven points ahead of the Columbus Blue Jackets (65 points) and seven points ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins (65 points). According to Eric Hornick, this marks the first time since Feb. 19, 2015 the Islanders have held a five-point lead in their division.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
If Mittelstadt out what happens?

Rodrigues takes his 2C spot and then we see Smith-Sobotka-Thompson.

Poor Smith, really thought he would be back in FOR SURE after a loss. Silly me.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
If Mittelstadt out what happens?

Rodrigues takes his 2C spot and then we see Smith-Sobotka-Thompson.

Poor Smith, really thought he would be back in FOR SURE after a loss. Silly me.

Watch Sobotka play 2C and Smith LW3

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Watching these two teams its all about coaching.Is there anybody on this board who thought the Islanders would make the playoffs? Goes to show what a good coach does

Reactions: Willgamesh

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Housley probably thinks Hunwick is helping Dahlin because he is a vet.

This pairing isnt working..
Why put the youngest player on the D with the worst d man in the line up..
He should be burried with Scandella on the bottom pair.

No Smith ...but Suc%bota and Pommincorpse

Reactions: Willgamesh

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Who expects a team to miss the playoffs after leading the league in November (over 90% probability to get in)
A lot of incompetence and hand sitting is necessary to make a less than 10% probability come true..
I think it's worse than that. I'm pretty sure we're going to be the first team to ever miss while being in first place after Thanksgiving, and didn't our first place last into early December?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->