GDT: Game # 56 (Final Game) - 05/08/2021 - Rangers @ Bruins - 3pm - NBC, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
RANGERS (26-23-6) at BRUINS (32-14-7)

3 p.m. ET; NBC, NESN, MSG

Rangers projected lineup

Alexis Lafreniere -- Mika Zibanejad -- Colin Blackwell
Jonny Brodzinski -- Ryan Strome -- Kaapo Kakko
Tim Gettinger -- Filip Chytil -- Vitali Kravtsov
Morgan Barron -- Kevin Rooney -- Phillip Di Giuseppe

K'Andre Miller -- Adam Fox
Anthony Bitetto -- Brendan Smith
Libor Hajek -- Zac Jones

Alexandar Georgiev
Igor Shesterkin

Scratched: Tarmo Reunanen, Pavel Buchnevich, Julien Gauthier, Justin Richards
Injured: Chris Kreider (lower body)

Bruins projected lineup

Brad Marchand -- Patrice Bergeron -- David Pastrnak
Taylor Hall -- David Krejci -- Craig Smith
Nick Ritchie -- Sean Kuraly -- Jake DeBrusk
Trent Frederic -- Curtis Lazar -- Karson Kuhlman

Matt Grzelcyk -- Charlie McAvoy
Mike Reilly -- Brandon Carlo
Jeremy Lauzon -- Kevan Miller

Tuukka Rask
Jeremy Swayman

Scratched: Connor Clifton, Jaroslav Halak, Chris Wagner, Steven Kampfer, Jarred Tinordi, Jakub Zboril, Anton Blidh

Injured: Charlie Coyle (upper body), Ondrej Kase (upper body)
Status report

3D348544-FE9A-4C21-BC9D-59FFC9B6F49D.gif

9B754AEF-5F14-45AF-982D-6DE48362F76D.gif

DE34170D-7662-4485-BD0C-3F912EEBBC9C.jpeg

842F93C5-7399-4391-BEFD-9FD854D2BD80.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Sayba and Off Sides

GbgRanger

Jul 11, 2009
Sweden / Philippines
Feels sad. By the time the game and season ends I will complete 3 weeks of quarantine in a hotel in Taiwan. Will sign on a cruise ship and stay onboard at least three months but who knows how long it was actually gonna be during these crazy times.

Last year this time I was working on anonther ship in the process of being relocated to New York. We were supposed to be homeported there cruising to Canada and New England on the summers and the Caribbean during winter. Would have been a dream come true. No greater feeling than sailing under the Verrazano-Narrows bridge and entering Upper bay. Covid f***ed it up.

Win this last game please.

Lets go Rangers!

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Why is Buch scratched? Didn't he serve his suspension the previous game?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I hate how this frustrating but at times exciting season will end with the Rangers looking like the worst team in the league. I usually watch the last game of the season but I really can't get myself to do it.

Reactions: haveandare

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
AHL site yesterday had Brodz demoted yesterday, so Richards debut may occur

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Feels sad. By the time the game and season ends I will complete 3 weeks of quarantine in a hotel in Taiwan. Will sign on a cruise ship and stay onboard at least three months but who knows how long it was actually gonna be during these crazy times.

Last year this time I was working on anonther ship in the process of being relocated to New York. We were supposed to be homeported there cruising to Canada and New England on the summers and the Caribbean during winter. Would have been a dream come true. No greater feeling than sailing under the Verrazano-Narrows bridge and entering Upper bay. Covid f***ed it up.

Win this last game please.

Lets go Rangers!

Happy to hear you're getting out of quarantine. Those Bar Harbor/Halifax/St. Johns/Quebec City runs are great - I hope you get a chance to do that!

Reactions: GbgRanger

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Only watching since it's the last time this team will play until October.

At least this off season won't be as long as it normally would be. Who knows what the hell this team looks like in 5 months though.
Exactly my thoughts.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Really happy this is it. We all need a break from this team for at least 8 weeks (other than the Draft Lottery). It's been a toxic relationship and maybe because of covid and other stuff, we were all at each others throats all season. In some ways it was up there with the most ridiculous seasons in Rangers history. I still laugh at people who said I was an idiot about TDA and emotional intelligence and then a week later he's banished.

Anyways, I would like to see Justin Richards play today, give Tarmo the game, and start Kinkaid. Tarmo has not looked capable at even strength which might be the thing that ultimately holds him back as a AAAA player. He's still young enough to figure it out which is why he needs reps.

Hopefully Quinn is gone as early as tonight and as late as mid-week. Giving Brodzinsky and Blackwell prime minutes when your team has been knocked out is not developmental coaching.

4-1 Bruins today. Zac Jones gets a goal.

Reactions: haveandare

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Only watching since it's the last time this team will play until October.

At least this off season won't be as long as it normally would be. Who knows what the hell this team looks like in 5 months though.

Draft Lottery in less than a month, playoffs until July, Expansion Draft/Free Agency/Draft in July as placeholders.

So essentially it will be like six real weeks of silence until mod-September when camp opens.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Everyone is so heavy and dramatic in this thread.

I’m bummed as hell. If we could play all year round I’d be happy. I’m looking forward to seeing how the offseason unfolds. Also excited to watch playoff hockey, see how Seattle drafts and comes together and see what we do. Interested to see if Quinn gets the axe.

I’m not “only watching because...”. Okay, we sucked. We’re probably right where we predicted before the season, it just looked different in action than what we thought when we predicted it. I feel no relief that the season’s over. Only sadness about having to wait an offseason before I have Rangers hockey again.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY

I’m bummed as hell. If we could play all year round I’d be happy. I’m looking forward to seeing how the offseason unfolds. Also excited to watch playoff hockey, see how Seattle drafts and comes together and see what we do. Interested to see if Quinn gets the axe.

I’m not “only watching because...”. Okay, we sucked. We’re probably right where we predicted before the season, it just looked different in action than what we thought when we predicted it. I feel no relief that the season’s over. Only sadness about having to wait an offseason before I have Rangers hockey again.

It's only four months with hockey-related stuff happening in between. For adults who are busy with their careers and relationships as you and many of us are, that's like three minutes.

Plus summer is coming which is the best time of the year to go outside and do stuff. Even if we're not 100% back from covid there is more daylight and time to hike, travel, etc.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Kaako, Laf, Kravstov, and Barron should all be the top six wingers today. Richards should be 3C with Chytil and Gettinger on his wings.

Fox/Miller/Jones/Hajek/Tarmo/Smith

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Wish I can agree and am normally optimistic for the future. But this past week really took a Lot out of me, took last game off to be honest and I do not agree with what Dolan did and will leave it at that.

Maybe they will have a good game but with the way they have looked the last 5 or so games really has me concerned for even next season. They were progressing very well this season only to make it all go to shit in the last two weeks.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
I'm usually a pretty leveled headed person, this season has turned me into a raving lunatic on these boards.

Reactions: Nickmo82
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad