GDT: Game 56: Chicago Blackhawks @ Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | Happy Sort Of Valentines Day

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Too much whining here people. First it's the visiting fans, then it's missed opportunities, then it's the opposing goalie doesn't suck enough...what else you got? Its the mid season doldrums these games only have a modest bearing on the time that really counts. Just chill, enjoy that Vegas has hockey and trust the fact that the better team wins more often than not. Every season goes like this. You can't sprint all 82 games, only insures a quick burn out when it matters

Reactions: ChanceVegas

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Too much whining here people. First it's the visiting fans, then it's missed opportunities, then it's the opposing goalie doesn't suck enough...what else you got? Its the mid season doldrums these games only have a modest bearing on the time that really counts. Just chill, enjoy that Vegas has hockey and trust the fact that the better team wins more often than not. Every season goes like this. You can't sprint all 82 games, only insures a quick burn out when it matters
Don't come in here with your logic and facts... I'm still disappointed we can't get 82 shutouts this season lol :P

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Too much whining here people.

Perhaps, but fortunately there is no sense of entitlement, yet.

Sports fans can be a dreary lot. Complaining is the norm.

Of course, I root for the teams I follow. I also appreciate seeing the great athletes from other teams and witnessing great sports moments.

So, embrace the moment and enjoy the ride. Buckle up, baby, cause it's going to be a wild run.

Last edited:

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Believe me, as a long time UNLV sports fan, I know all about complaining and a sense of entitlement lol. I also have sympathy for those fans who lived through glory days with their teams and then suffered a generation of irrelevance after.

I think the issue of too many visiting fans is a worthy concern, since this is brand new and we are in the process of building an identity not just on the ice, but in the stands. This is a longer term issue though, and I am hopeful we will see more VGK fans and less visiting fans in the future. Money will always talk, but with continued success, we will hopefully see commitment and loyalty win out in the stands. Regardless, I doubt the consistent resellers are on this forum, so it doesn't make much sense to complain about it here.

I think some of the on-ice frustration is when they don't play to the level we have become accustomed to them playing. That's common everywhere among sports fans. I get that it is completely and totally unreasonable to expect the same level in an 82 game season, but it never stops fans from wanting it.

Embracing the moment is good advice, and I think most of us are there. What we are witnessing is truly historic and something extremely special that may never happen again. I'm still in a fog about it all. It is still so surreal. And truly every win is icing on the cake. They've already accomplished the unthinkable.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Regardless whether a team is setting the world on fire or burning to a crisp in failure, sports fans will find a reason to complain about something. Whatever the standard of excellence is, we want to see the very best possible. I'm critical of my teams in good times and bad and I don't apologize for it. You're gonna have to get used to that.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Dude, come over the Hawks forum if you want to see what whining is REALLY like.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Dude, come over the Hawks forum if you want to see what whining is REALLY like.

And it’s really bizarre to see. They’ve been without Crawford, which has sunk this season, but they’re loaded with some pretty good young talent on offence.

Maybe it’s just some spoiled apples that are taunting the image of the fanbase.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad