Post-Game Talk: GAME #56: Canucks 4 vs. Flames 3 (S/O): Markstrom masterclass, EP gets his 50th point

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
If you look at all the experiments, Leivo and Baertschi were known cases where their organization wasn't giving them a fair shake. Everyone else their organizations had seen enough to give up early. IMO that's a big difference.
That's the key and has always been the key to finding potential top 6 talent on the cheap.

If Benning followed this strategy and stopped the bloated contracts to vets, he wouldn't be a half bad GM.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Honestly the goal scoring is pretty much extra at this point, Josh has shown really good hands, work ethic, and most importantly he’s one of the few people on this team back in absolutely dominate along the boards.

And he’s pretty young also.

Funny what an opportunity does for a hockey player Huh.

Probably will top out as a third liner, With a chance of being a second liner

The board battle ability is something almost non-existent on the rest of the team. Like Roussel, Motte and those guys try but they just don't have the heaviness to do what Leivo can.

He just needs to work on his first few strides, his top-speed is fine.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
I can't tell if Gaudreau sold that or if it's just a byproduct of him weighing about as much as your average toddler.

Reactions: Canuckle1970

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This is ridiculous penalty killing, they are giving Lindholm way too much room.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The board battle ability is something almost non-existent on the rest of the team. Like Roussel, Motte and those guys try but they just don't have the heaviness to do what Leivo can.

He just needs to work on his first few strides, his top-speed is fine.
I actually find his skating much better than Even I thought, it’s nothing amazing but it’s definitely not a liability

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad